closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watchfinder Rolex evaluation lol

Journeyman

Watchfinder Rolex evaluation lol

Hi all. Recently they gave a estimate of 2850-3050euros for my Rolex OP 39 with box and papers and under warranty , and yet they are selling them for over 6300+euros plus.

Craftsman
    They know there is a crash coming, it's only a matter of time before they are forced to cut the selling prices.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No one wants stock over cash at the moment

Craftsman
    Haha them cheeky monkeys, I’m sure somebody will PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    And then this thread will turn in to a bears den.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    The days of every Rolex holding 95-100 % of their RRP is over for now.

You will be able to buy an OP 39 with 10-15% discount in a few months and buy them for 30% off RRP second hand.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When will the postal service stop? Will it stop

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post

You will be able to buy an OP 39 with 10-15% discount in a few months and buy them for 30% off RRP second hand.

Not sure if this is true but i certainly wouldn't be buying one now.

Watchfinder evaluations seem to be really random. I was looking to move on a SDc a few years ago and was even considering purchasing a DJ in return. They only had one on their website at 14k. They offered me 7??? Go figure. I guess that is the nature of business!

Master

Possibly, but what if Rolex are no longer producing watches? Or many of them? The recent shutdown could end up being a lot more than 10 days given how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    They know there is a crash coming, it's only a matter of time before they are forced to cut the selling prices.
    Tbf, my experience is that WF have always taken the piss for less desirable models, offering about 50% of their selling price.

I imagine this may be the case with a lot of the Rolex models towards the end of the year with the exception of things like the Daytona.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Possibly, but what if Rolex are no longer producing watches? Or many of them? The recent shutdown could end up being a lot more than 10 days given how things are going.

Tbf, my experience is that WF have always taken the piss for less desirable models, offering about 50% of their selling price.

With the state of the global economy Rolex will start production way before a lot of their target market will be ready to buy.

I imagine a £5k+ is way down on the list of the majorities priorities right now.

Plus i can imagine people will try and cash in on their assets at some point. I can't see watches being exempt from the global crash.

There is always two types of ‘sellers’ in these times. Those that can afford to own the watches and those that have stretched to buy them. If they stretched and are feeling the pinch then you may get a relative bargain, others will hang on as it is less likely to affect them.

C

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    When will the postal service stop? Will it stop
    All postal and parcel delivery systems are highly mechanised but the system still demands that a postman or a delivery driver has to make the final journal to your door, so yes it will be difficult to maintain to good service.

Only a total idiot would post a small and high value item in the current difficulties.

Watchfinder 20 percent less on offer than 4 months ago

Got some quotes from them in November 2019, didnt go through with the sale.
    Got a quote today for same watches 20 percent less this time on average.

All in demand Rolex with box and papers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    Got some quotes from them in November 2019, didnt go through with the sale.
    Got a quote today for same watches 20 percent less this time on average.

All in demand Rolex with box and papers.
    I had a quote for my gmt master 2 black in jan/feb got another quote last week for it nearly half! Seems like some models they still like mind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    A major correction is coming if not already here. Bubble Rolex and Pateks will be hard hit. So many didn’t want to believe it, pointing to other crashes... or that the rich always have money... but there has never been anything like this before. The rich don’t sit on piles of money under their mattress, it’s invested, invested is stuff that’s tanking right now. Likewise the bubble of steel watches wasn’t created by them, it’s average joe and scalpers that have done it, those are being hit hard and so the dynamics have changed.

Wf are not stupid, they don’t want your watch unless it’s cheap, what’s cheap today isn’t the same as next week though, we are no where near the bottom.

We have been due a financial crash by historical patterns for a couple of years now, higher it goes the harder it falls. This is it.

All my opinion ofcourse

In all fairness OP39's only go for about £4.4k or €5k and that's still in warranty
    So 6300 is well of the mark I'd say

Certain models they still pay decent depends on the watch

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post

Got a quote from this week? I reckon things have changed a lot in the past 2 weeks

Craftsman

Decent

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post

Do not think I would call a £10950 offer for a unworn fully stickered 2002 Daytona 116520 decent and that was before the virus outbreak😷.

WF have certainly changed their model since the Richemont takeover and they are now working to the kind of margins that many a dealer work too, one of the reasons why WF became popular was because of the buy/trade in prices offered compared to the competitors but I think those days are long gone.

With the amount of stock they currently hold and the money tied up in that stock, certainly expecting a Flash sale sometime very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Got a quote from this week? I reckon things have changed a lot in the past 2 weeks
    The GMT master ceramic last week was shocking Valuations, the Kermit seemed a decent offer thou

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Do not think I would call a £10950 offer for a unworn fully stickered 2002 Daytona 116520 decent and that was before the virus outbreak😷.

WF have certainly changed their model since the Richemont takeover and they are now working to the kind of margins that many a dealer work too, one of the reasons why WF became popular was because of the buy/trade in prices offered compared to the competitors but I think those days are long gone.

With the amount of stock they currently hold and the money tied up in that stock, certainly expecting a Flash sale sometime very soon.
    No shocking that but no one has to sell to them, but was great when every sales post said watchfinder offered me this.......
    Not seen that for a year at least lol

Last edited by bokbok; 23rd March 2020 at 20:22.

I just traded in a Seadweller far from mint but their offer was fair and for some reason so was my timing which occured about a week before everything went tits up, they even paid me £50 more than the agreed deal price when the cash popped into my bank so no complaints. In the past though their valuations have been laughable at times...dont try flogging a Bremont to them thats for sure.
    Keith

Master
    £5k for my 214270 last Fri as a px deal.

They definitely improve their offer if you part exchange.
    I wanted to sell my new Ball Roadmaster - cost me £1800 early bird normally £2400, Watchfinder offered me £1000-£1200 for the Ball, so ~ 50% of the new price.

I decided to trade it in for a Breitling Avenger GMT - £2700 and managed to get that for £2500 and they offered the £1200 for the Ball.

In my experience the alway try and offer the lower estimate - when of course you have sent them the watch. But they always agree the higher price.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Do not think I would call a £10950 offer for a unworn fully stickered 2002 Daytona 116520 decent and that was before the virus outbreak.

Would have cost you £3.5k ish , so still not a bad return.

Craftsman

Returns

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Would have cost you £3.5k ish , so still not a bad return.

As you say, not a bad return on £3.5k but it did take nearly 20years🤣🤣

Master
    i have sold few things to chronext, which despite slowness of paying have been very good. i have sold to watchmaster too who paid quicker. Watchfinder have always offered much lower prices for the rolex watches i have offered them