closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shipping a watch from US to UK

Shipping a watch from US to UK

Hi all

I am possibly about to buy a watch from somebody in the US and wondered if anybody could recommend a postal service for this?

Cheers

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What value?

I've always found USPS International Express to be a very good service. Full tracking and you can register for e-mails as the package moves through the system. Not sure on how high the insurance levels go, but you could always check that on their website. Failing that one of the usual big boys, FedEx, DHL etc.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    What value?
    About $1800 dollars.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Fedex fine for that value

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve bought a couple in the past,usps international tracked ,insured signed for ,no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I've always found USPS International Express to be a very good service. Full tracking and you can register for e-mails as the package moves through the system. Not sure on how high the insurance levels go, but you could always check that on their website. Failing that one of the usual big boys, FedEx, DHL etc.
    Won’t USPS end up with Parcel Force or Royal Mail so ultimately only as reliable as them?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Won’t USPS end up with Parcel Force or Royal Mail so ultimately only as reliable as them?
    USPS .........then mine ended up with Parcel Force and the Parcel Force Customs department, or whatever it's call it - they collected the Customs Duty, issued the demand, collected payment and then delivered the watch - it took just under a month from when it was taken to the Post Office in the US to it being delivered to me in the UK

Yes, I have had this experience before so it can take a long time to get the parcel as you wait for the customs clearance/payment process when using USPS. Maybe I will look into a postal service site that deals with DHL/Fedex as the prices going direct with those is quite steep.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    Yes, I have had this experience before so it can take a long time to get the parcel as you wait for the customs clearance/payment process when using USPS. Maybe I will look into a postal service site that deals with DHL/Fedex as the prices going direct with those is quite steep.
    You can speed up the process once the Watch is out of Customs and arrives at your local delivery depot. Ring Customer Services and ask for the 17 digit reference then pay on line with next day delivery. Last time I did this I was wearing the watch on Tuesday and the letter requesting that I pay the fees arrived the following Friday.

But yes, involving Parcel Force in anything is not good.

Shipping a watch from US to UK

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You can speed up the process once the Watch is out of Customs and arrives at your local delivery depot. Ring Customer Services and ask for the 17 digit reference then pay on line with next day delivery. Last time I did this I was wearing the watch on Tuesday and the letter requesting that I pay the fees arrived the following Friday.

But yes, involving Parcel Force in anything is not good.
    I just turn up, pay and collect when I know it’s there. Obviously depends on how far away it is.

I just turn up, pay and collect when I know it’s there. Obviously depends on how far away it is.
    Yes, the depot just around the corner closed down, the nearest is miles away from me now.