closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: R&D Tax Credits

Craftsman

R&D Tax Credits

Hi everyone,

I know there is a few knowledgable self employed members on here so I have a quick question if anyone can shed some light?

Over the last six months we have converted from being a normal online retailer to a multi vendor marketplace, the site is complete and functional (still lots of custom work to do etc) and orders are coming in as expected however we really need to push the marketing and development side of things.

Initially I was going to look for an investor however I dont want someone to simply drop money in to the account and then dictate how its ran, it worries me a bit.

This got me thinking about R&D Tax credits. From what I can see I would be eligible as we are an e-commerce company but we are developing a completely new system and buying process within our industry, we will also soon be incorporating finance facilities for shops which will see us being one of/the first marketplace style site in the UK with this specific payment system, a system which allows shops to offer finance on our site and in their store all under our principal account.

So I think we should be ok in terms of being approved but my next question is how much and what can be claimed?
    If we are only going to get a small amount and then give a chunk away to a company (which is fair) then I have to think is it worth the time and any potential comebacks from HMRC down the line for a couple of grand.

How do they come to a figure, will they include future development as well as past?
    The future development is fairly major (mobile app, lots of interactive features etc etc) and this is where I need the money.

Any advice would be appreciated, if any other small companies have claimed then how much did you get?

Craftsman
    I have just sent you a message. More than happy to arrange a chat and point you in the right direction.