closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Crafter Blue ‘Hyperion’ 600m Diver

New Crafter Blue ‘Hyperion’ 600m Diver

Nice design, not the usual movement choice and 600m WR.

I like it.

https://www.crafterbluewatches.com/hyperion-ocean
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 18th March 2020 at 00:31.

Not bad - has a bit of a Turtle and 6105 vibe.

Master
    First glance I thought it resembled a pam submersible. I quite like it and it’s a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it too. Can’t help thinking they could have at least strapped one to the wrist or ankle of the woman snorkelling though.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post

I like it.

I like it.

Now that I really like, David. Good looking, perfect size (for me, anyway!), great vfm for the spec.

For me the blue dial is the pick of the variants as I am too not sure about the light blue second hand and dial embellishments... and the blue dial looks fantastic.

I need this like a hole in the head right now - but I’m sorely tempted . I hate you .

Simon

That’s a bit harsh Simon....I love you! 

I actually like all variants. In a couple of months time I’ll be looking for something and this might be it. I’ve always loved the PAM Sub and it’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the Hyperion.

Nice asymmetrical case a la 6105, good price too. But I think I'd rather wait to see the new Seiko reissues.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Master
    WR to 600m??? Half the people on here would STILL think that wearing one in the shower is too much of a risk!!!

Craftsman
    Love their rubber straps, I have four of them. Sorry to say, not so keen on their watches.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m not convinced. I like it but not enough to part with my money, especially $680. A British alternative is the Scurfa Diver 1. Terrific spec for the money inc. ceramic bezel and great bracelet but again I fail to get excited about this one too. I can’t quite decide which second hand I dislike the most, the blue or the red.

https://www.scurfawatches.com/produc...-new-for-2020/

Another pretend dive watch. Completely non-functional bezel. Derivative case design. Nope.

I kind of like it, interesting combo on pam/turtle design. Nice colors (blue is my fav.) but I dont understand absence of (any) number marks on dive bezel (and it is a diver)...at least some small symbolic ones like on Pam Sub...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk

I don’t have a dog in this fight but find your comments interesting. How is it pretending to be a dive watch? Aren’t all case designs a derivative in one way or another? The bezel has been good enough for the PAM Sub for decades so why not now?

Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    Another pretend dive watch. Completely non-functional bezel. Derivative case design. Nope.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but find your comments interesting. How is it pretending to be a dive watch? Aren’t all case designs a derivative in one way or another? The bezel has been good enough for the PAM Sub for decades so why not now?
    You beat me to it, David.

Strange comments

Simon

Some case designs are clearly more derivative than others. And some, like this one, are just straight copies.

Also, copying someone elses poorly designed dive bezel doesn't make the bezel any better.

If I released a chronograph without markings for the seconds, how would you rate that in terms of its core function? I'd say it was pretending to be a chronograph but its core functionality had been hobbled. Like this watch.

People who don't need a tool's intended function might suggest that wanting the tool to work well functionally is a strange requirement. Why do you think the dive watch ISO exists? Or do you think its strange to have that requirement for dive watches?

Master
    I have to agree that i would expect more detail on the bezel, lume pip and some numerals, but overall I really like it. It has a definite 1389/1305 vibe to it, with a quirky touch of the crown at 4. Ish. I had planned a "grey gap year" for 2021, maybe sunk with covid 19, and one of these would be am ideal timepiece for that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk