closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zodiac watches

Zodiac watches

Hi all

I’m trying to get hold of a Zodiac Super Seawolf 53, this one;

Does anyone have any idea on where in the UK I could find a reputable source? I just can’t bring myself to deal with Page & Copper after a previous fiasco and all the other dealers seem to be US based.

There are a few used ones online but they’re either again in America or very expensive. I’d prefer new too.

Any help much appreciated.

Ian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IVK View Post
    Hi all

Does anyone have any idea on where in the UK I could find a reputable source? I just can’t bring myself to deal with Page & Copper after a previous fiasco and all the other dealers seem to be US based.

There are a few used ones online but they’re either again in America or very expensive. I’d prefer new too.

Ian

That's really nice.

I was under the impression that the modern Zodiacs were just quartz driven vintage designs but I like that.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

According to their store locator, only P&C (avoid, but you already know that) is listed for the UK. You might try the French or Italian ADs, or contact Zodiac/Fossil directly and openly state that you're after that watch but don't want to do business through/with P&C. That said, no matter how pretty their watches are or will be, I won't touch another Zodiac with a barge pole.

Journeyman
    That's lovely.

What did P&C do? I've never dealt with them but have seen some of their Sinn YouTube videos.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMango View Post
    That's lovely.

What did P&C do? I've never dealt with them but have seen some of their Sinn YouTube videos.
    Just dreadful people who are dreadful to do business with.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Just dreadful people who are dreadful to do business with.
    OK! Thanks. I'll be wary in the future - not that I expect to do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ......I won't touch another Zodiac with a barge pole.
    Why’s that? I’ve not had a Zodiac before.

Hi all

Ian

I can see why you want it, great colour combination.

There's a thread somewhere on here about P&C and Zodiac. I bought one from them, paid my cash and then received an email on 18 December 2018:

'Thank you for your order.
    We're super excited to get this beauty to you.
    Sadly due to the recent high demand in our Zodiac watches, especially the Grandrally range all our orders have to be made built to order.
    The current lead time if 4-6 weeks, this includes the upcoming xmas holiday.'

I replied:

'Please will you refund my money and let me know when the watch is in stock, I’ll order it then.'

19th Dec:

'Thank you for your email.
    I have been advised by my colleague that all our Zodiac orders, especially our Grandrally range will only be available as built to order due to the high demand we have for them we cannot keep enough watches in stock.
    If we cancel your order now we cannot guarantee that there will be a watch in stock for you in the new year.
    Of course I can cancel your order today and send your details to our accounts department should you still wish to cancel your order.'

I confirmed I wanted my money back. 19th Dec:

'I have cancelled your order and sent your details over to our accounts department.
    Please note it can take up to 7-10 working days to process.
    Absolutely we will let you know when they come back into stock.'

9th Jan:

'Apologies for the delay in your refund, I am just chasing our accounts department for an update for you.'

14th Jan:

'Apologies I am chasing them again for you.'

The money was refunded to my account around the 21st Jan or so, about a month after buying the watch that didn't exist. At no point when I bought the watch did it say the watch wasn't actually in stock. Taking into account the three or four working days lost to Christmas, just about a month to receive a refund is ridiculous.
    "A man of little significance"

That is really beautiful looks amazing I would get one if I was on flying duties but looks like that ain't happening any time soon.

Why’s that? I’ve not had a Zodiac before.
    At some point I will have to put together and publish my whole 'Zodiac story', either here or at another forum, but in short:
    - it doesn't feel in hand like the money's worth (subjective, I know, but I found out I wasn't the only one to think so after actually handling the watch)
    - the STP movement: (i) there are serious questions raised about its origins and after some digging I personally think it's Swissese and (ii) it's infamous for defectiveness
    - Zodiac's service is useless: I received my watch back unrepaired, among other things doing this: https://imgur.com/e8L3Dh7 -- with the following comment from P&C:

As promised I met with Zodiac last week to discuss amongst other matters your watch.
    Your watch has been inspected by our watchmaker, Zodiac UK’s watchmaker and the Swiss team.
    We are all happy that your watch is built to the correct standards and specifications.
    I am sorry this has taken a while but your watch has been inspected by several experienced watchmaking professionals across Europe.

Where we're moving swiftly to P&C themselves. The 'while' means over four months. At some point I suspected that the watch wasn't sent back to the manufacturer in Switzerland at all (IIRC it had to do with timing) -- as it turned out, someone had been claiming the same in P&C's TrustPilot feedback.

Only a few weeks ago I finally gathered myself and had the watch fixed professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    There's a thread somewhere on here about P&C and Zodiac.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ys-bad-service

I bought one from them, paid my cash and then received an email on 18 December 2018:

'Thank you for your order.
    We're super excited to get this beauty to you.
    Sadly due to the recent high demand in our Zodiac watches, especially the Grandrally range all our orders have to be made built to order.
    The current lead time if 4-6 weeks, this includes the upcoming xmas holiday.'
    LOL.

24/09/2018:
    Thank you for your order :)
    Due to the high demand in our Zodiac watches all orders have to be made built to order.
    The lead time on your watch is around 3-4 weeks, subject to change.
    With Zodiac we've experienced that they normally send the watch a little earlier than 4 weeks, as soon as we receive any update on your watch we will keep you updated.
    Thank you again, we're excited to get your watch toy ou :)

The money was refunded to my account around the 21st Jan or so, about a month after buying the watch that didn't exist. At no point when I bought the watch did it say the watch wasn't actually in stock. Taking into account the three or four working days lost to Christmas, just about a month to receive a refund is ridiculous.
    You did better than I did -- I ignored my gut feeling to ask for a refund when they said they didn't have it in stock. Then I stupidly immediately changed the strap when it came and left a mark on the lug so I bit the bullet and didn't try to return it. And then had to go through all the 'service inspection' idiocy and couldn't enjoy it for a year (to be fair, I had stuff going on and had delays on my side, too, but still).

If you want to scratch the itch cheaply (and avoid the painful, expensive shenanigans documented above), keep an eye out for a Heritor "Edgard" - picked mine up for about £120!

The bracelet is a bit gash, but easily and cheaply improved on, the head is much better and the NH35 inside is a good all-rounder.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    At some point I will have to put together and publish my whole 'Zodiac story', either here or at another forum, but in short:
    - it doesn't feel in hand like the money's worth (subjective, I know, but I found out I wasn't the only one to think so after actually handling the watch)
    - the STP movement: (i) there are serious questions raised about its origins and after some digging I personally think it's Swissese and (ii) it's infamous for defectiveness
    - Zodiac's service is useless: I received my watch back unrepaired, among other things doing this: https://imgur.com/e8L3Dh7 -- with the following comment from P&C:

As promised I met with Zodiac last week to discuss amongst other matters your watch.
    Your watch has been inspected by our watchmaker, Zodiac UK’s watchmaker and the Swiss team.
    We are all happy that your watch is built to the correct standards and specifications.
    I am sorry this has taken a while but your watch has been inspected by several experienced watchmaking professionals across Europe.

Where we're moving swiftly to P&C themselves. The 'while' means over four months. At some point I suspected that the watch wasn't sent back to the manufacturer in Switzerland at all (IIRC it had to do with timing) -- as it turned out, someone had been claiming the same in P&C's TrustPilot feedback.

Only a few weeks ago I finally gathered myself and had the watch fixed professionally.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ys-bad-service

LOL.

24/09/2018:
    Thank you for your order :)
    Due to the high demand in our Zodiac watches all orders have to be made built to order.
    The lead time on your watch is around 3-4 weeks, subject to change.
    With Zodiac we've experienced that they normally send the watch a little earlier than 4 weeks, as soon as we receive any update on your watch we will keep you updated.
    Thank you again, we're excited to get your watch toy ou :)

You did better than I did -- I ignored my gut feeling to ask for a refund when they said they didn't have it in stock. Then I stupidly immediately changed the strap when it came and left a mark on the lug so I bit the bullet and didn't try to return it. And then had to go through all the 'service inspection' idiocy and couldn't enjoy it for a year (to be fair, I had stuff going on and had delays on my side, too, but still).
    I agree 100% to that, mainly because I have tried one on and I had the same feeling. Also I heard some of the same stories across other forums. So I would avoid it. IMHO