closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watches you will buy when the bottom falls out of the market

Has the bottom fallen out yet? Not seeing any panic selling or widespread price reductions anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Has the bottom fallen out yet? Not seeing any panic selling or widespread price reductions anywhere

For a seller, I think the signs are pointing to we're getting there - but at the same time, no one really is wanting to buy either. If you went to WF trying to sell a watch, I think they would be low-balling you. SC seems to have a fair few interesting watches which also aren't shifting. At the moment, it really depend on how desperate the seller is to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post

TBH I never thought there would be.

Just wishful thinking on some's behalf.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    A. Lange & Shne Saxonia Thin

Rolex Explorer 2 white 40mm

Some sort of Grand Seiko but I can't decide.

That's it, not much to ask I don't think.

Journeyman
    Grand seiko for me

Rolex gmt pepsi or speedy moony but I do like the explorer 2 already have explorer 1 and thats going nowhere so the 2 would be a good addition

Journeyman
    Well, seeing as I'm headfirst down the vintage military rabbit hole, hopefully someone will be willing to part with a fine example or two for a reasonable price!

Maybe an Omega 53, or 6bb Hamilton Chrono...

(Or a blue dial Tudor Pelagos) :P

Stay safe everyone!

Craftsman
    I've had a hankering for a Speedy for a while, and I keep regretting selling that BB58. It would be great to pick up a bargain (if they come up), but there is a voice somewhere in my head yelling about how nobody knows how long this will last and whether it's really a good idea to tie up funds in watches right now.

If the offer is good enough I might tell the voice to pipe down, but I'll listen to it for a bit longer.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Master
    Id love a Tourbillon, if there was a Swiss brand at 10-12k Id be very tempted.

Tag do one which you pick ip for 8k but its just too sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post

In my opinion, the two best 'cheap' tourbillions are made by Angelus (potentially too sporty) and Ulysse Nardin, which also features an enamel dial. Both fine choices.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    In my opinion, the two best 'cheap' tourbillions are made by Angelus (potentially too sporty) and Ulysse Nardin, which also features an enamel dial. Both fine choices.
    The Angelus does look nice, I might have to do some research. The UNs is lovely, but not quite to my taste, maybe a bit abstract. I do like the Arnold and Son or a couple of the JLCs.

Another watch I'd quite fancy is Montblanc with Minerva movement.

I may be wrong but I can see more of the higher priced, low volume brands losing value quickly.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just a cheeky one. A nice piece to have picked up in the current malaise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Angelus does look nice, I might have to do some research. The UNs is lovely, but not quite to my taste, maybe a bit abstract. I do like the Arnold and Son or a couple of the JLCs.

Another watch I'd quite fancy is Montblanc with Minerva movement.

I may be wrong but I can see more of the higher priced, low volume brands losing value quickly.
    The Angelus is a lot of watch for the money. A friend has one and it has totally satiated his desire for another tourbillon (and he has quite the collection).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post

Well done, you maybe our first buyer to try and take advantage of prices! May I ask roughly how much lower than market value?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^Mine was more of a parallel shift.

Apprentice

There IS actually a Swiss brand making an in house tourbillon for about 7k $.
    The brand is called Horage.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post

Thats class

Apprentice
    No date Sub.

Blue Dial Tudor Sub or the Tudor Prince Date

Blog Entries
    When will it be this wind....
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Something quite restrained for me
    I think. Either of these two:

- no date sub
    - titanium PO

Leaning more towards the PO I tend to enjoy and wear my omegas way more than my Rolex.

Master
    Which ever hits 3.5k first either a Speedmaster Tin Tin or a 60s SM300

If I could just pick up one of these for under $5,000, I'd snap it up! Maybe at the Apocalypse?

Apprentice
    Definitely an explorer 2 16570 polar but would need to drop to 3k... Ill just keep dreaming

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Maybe one of those Oris skeletons if the price came down enough.

This would be my choice as well, was briefly very excited by the 50% off Oris post earlier in the thread ...

Master
    Chaykin Joker or UN Freak possibly

Journeyman
    rolex day date

Journeyman
    ........and a hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    Which ever hits 3.5k first either a Speedmaster Tin Tin or a 60s SM300
    An original 60s SM300 (preferably big triangle but I am not fussy) would have to go on my list as well
    And an original Ploprof
    And a Big Blue.
    And a vintage 809 Cosmonaut - this will be the watch that ends my watch buying.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 12th April 2020 at 18:57.

Craftsman
    Aquanaut or an AP Royal Oak at RRP.......highly unlikely I know.

I am also on the list for a Pepsi.

Watches you will buy when the bottom falls out of the market

Not really seeing any Fallout yet from the current situation on the Facebook Rolex Forums people are still paying a huge premiums on the current hot pieces. ie Ceramic Daytona 19.5k.. Hulk 12.5k.. Pepsi 13k..Bat whatever 10.5k+..Rootbeer 13k+..
    There really doesnt seem to be any loss of appetite for these pieces and others at these prices .
    Yes prices have been falling long before C-19 struck and I dont believe you are going to see any significant falls on what is considered vintage..10years or older..

The Market seems to be in a state of limbo and where we go from here is anyones guess for me its only going to be the speculators and flippers who will need to cash their pieces in...

I guess only time will tell but the Evidence so far is prices are stable and only New stock where huge discounts have always been available are where bargains maybe found..

Dont base everything on what Watchfinder/Watchmaster are doing.

Last edited by SteveM112; 13th April 2020 at 09:00.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    Not really seeing any Fallout yet from the current situation on the Facebook Rolex Forums people are still paying a huge premiums on the current hot pieces. ie Ceramic Daytona 19.5k.. Hulk 12.5k.. Pepsi 13k..Bat whatever 10.5k+..Rootbeer 13k+..
    There really doesnt seem to be any loss of appetite for these pieces and others at these prices .
    Yes prices have been falling long before C-19 struck and I dont believe you are going to see any significant falls on what is considered vintage..10years or older..

The Market seems to be in a state of limbo and where we go from here is anyones guess for me its only going to be the speculators and flippers who will need to cash their pieces in...

I guess only time will tell but the Evidence so far is prices are stable and only New stock where huge discounts have always been available are where bargains maybe found..

Aye, still seeing them selling for premiums. There is the odd deal to be had though.

Craftsman

Buyers

Sellers can keep asking for the ridiculous premium but if you look around the forums Worldwide, whether that is Chrono24, Paneristi or Rolexforums etc. Buyers aint buying and prices are continuing to drop every day as some sellers are in these unfortunate circumstances getting desperate as they see the continued drop with the potential of no upward return for the remainder of this year.

No one pays a premium for a falling commodity and that is filtering through into the secondary watch market.

Back on topic, for myself it would be the Rolex Day date 40 with olive dial. Unsure how much of a trend Rose gold currently is and one which could fade away pretty quickly but the Olive dial with the Rose is a stunning piece. Would be very tempted if these went sub 20k😁😁

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Sellers can keep asking for the ridiculous premium but if you look around the forums Worldwide, whether that is Chrono24, Paneristi or Rolexforums etc. Buyers aint buying and prices are continuing to drop every day as some sellers are in these unfortunate circumstances getting desperate as they see the continued drop with the potential of no upward return for the remainder of this year.

No one pays a premium for a falling commodity and that is filtering through into the secondary watch market.

Back on topic, for myself it would be the Rolex Day date 40 with olive dial. Unsure how much of a trend Rose gold currently is and one which could fade away pretty quickly but the Olive dial with the Rose is a stunning piece. Would be very tempted if these went sub 20k😁😁

Unfortunately thats just not true join up on Facebook to the well established Rolex forums and you will see people paying these quoted prices in a falling market day in day out..
    For me its insanity but WTF do I know..
    I just observe from the sidelines..

Journeyman

Unfortunately thats just not true join up on Facebook to the well established Rolex forums and you will see people paying these quoted prices in a falling market day in day out..
    For me its insanity but WTF do I know..
    I just observe from the sidelines..
    Yeah, I don't get it either.

Surely the smart money would be to hold off on expensive luxury purchases seeing as a global recession seems inevitable now.

I'm not an economist, but I've definitely trapped the remaining moths in my wallet. They're not going anywhere!

(Unless someone has a Tudor Pelagos they want rid of at a good price...)

Doh!

the next mortgage and car payments (start of may) will see a bit of panicked selling if we still have lockdown in the UK then...