closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster case / bezel question

Omega Seamaster case / bezel question

Hi all, I hope you’re well and surviving this virus!

I am looking to use the forums knowledge or google skills as mine are failing me!

I’ve been looking for a bezel assembly for my full size Seamaster 2264 and I’ve come across a bezel (part number 082SU1586) which I believe is from a Seamaster Olympic, possibly Chrono, its also fits an America’s cup but does anyone know if it will fit my 2264?

I am presuming Omega used the same case for all the full size Seamaster’s or did the chrono’s have a different size case / bezel?
    It’s listed as 41.5mm but I am not convinced the seller is 100% sure and I’ve asked him re my 2264 but he doesn’t seem to know either!

Hoping someone with better knowledge can help me!

Thanks in advance everyone.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    If it's listed as a part for any of the chronos, my guess is it won't fit. SMP Chronos were always 41.5mm case vs 41mm for the three handers/GMTs.

Just had a look on the Cousins site, need to know the case ref no. (168.XXXX) but think a bezel assembly will be included in their restricted parts anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

RE

Chrono bezel size is very similar as I provide a non marking bezel remover, why not check Ofrei or google.

Master
    That part number is deffo a chronograph bezel. You need 082SU1464. A chronograph model bezel wont fit well. Even if it can be persuaded to engage (and I doubt it can), the chrono and GMT bezels are noticeably thicker than the 3 hander models so it will sit proud of the crystal and look awful. I have handled loose bezels of both kinds and they are noticeably different.
    Last edited by Padders; 17th March 2020 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry1975 View Post
    Chrono bezel size is very similar as I provide a non marking bezel remover, why not check Ofrei or google.
    Thanks Bry. I’d tried google but to no effect! My Google fu obviously isn’t good!

I’d never heard of Ofrei, I will take a look thank you...

I’d be interested in the bezel remover if you could please send across some details....

Thanks
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    That part number is deffo a chronograph bezel. You need 082SU1464. A chronograph model bezel wont fit well. Even if it can be persuaded to engage (and I doubt it can), the chrono and GMT bezels are noticeably thicker than the 3 hander models so it will sit proud of the crystal and look awful. I have handled loose bezels of both kinds and they are noticeably different.
    Hi Padders, thanks so much for your help, really appreciate it. That’s exactly what I needed to know! Brilliant.....

Just as a side question, no laughing at the back but I presume the bezels on the 2264 (black face sword hands) and the full size 2531 (blue bond) are interchangeable?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    Just as a side question, no laughing at the back but I presume the bezels on the 2264 (black face sword hands) and the full size 2531 (blue bond) are interchangeable?

Yes. AFAIK, all 3 hander bezels in the same casesize, (ie full size to full size, mid to mid) are interchangeable, I think this goes for steel and titanium or gold. The GMT bezels are not interchangeable with the 3 handers and not necessarily even interchangeable between Black and Great White as the cases are different (yes this is weird I know). So yes a 2531 bezel can work on a 2254 or 2255 and vice versa. I believe the cases got thicker as the watch was devleloped so don't assume a bezel from a later 2500 movement watch will fit a 1120 movement model, the Co-ax model bezels too look a little thicker from what I have seen.
    Last edited by Padders; 17th March 2020 at 13:05.

Yes. AFAIK, all 3 hander bezels in the same casesize, (ie full size to full size, mid to mid) are interchangeable, I think this goes for steel and titanium or gold. The GMT bezels are not interchangeable with the 3 handers and not necessarily even interchangeable between Black and Great White as the cases are different (yes this is weird I know). So yes a 2531 bezel can work on a 2254 or 2255 and vice versa. I believe the cases got thicker as the watch was devleloped so don't assume a bezel from a later 2500 movement watch will fit a 1120 movement model, the Co-ax model bezels too look a little thicker from what I have seen.
    That’s great information and advice thank you so much!
    Really helpful

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am positive, many years ago, I saw a GMT SeMP (sword hands) with a diver bezel. Did I imagine that? It was on TimeZone, distinctive user name, Revd or Father-something. I was always tempted to try it myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I am positive, many years ago, I saw a GMT SeMP (sword hands) with a diver bezel. Did I imagine that? It was on TimeZone, distinctive user name, Revd or Father-something. I was always tempted to try it myself.
    That was done by swapping the inserts in a GMT bezel shell. As I noted above, you can't swap bezels between the 3 and 4 handers, but you can in theory swap inserts. I wouldn't recommend it since the inserts on most models are comparatively soft aluminium and can be easily damaged unless you use proper presses and know what you are doing. The polished steel inserts used on the electric blue 2255 and a couple of other models are tougher but I would still take care.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Are you sure it wasn’t a 2254.50 (sword hands) with a Planet Ocean bezel? There was certainly one of those mods on one of the forums/fora. The 42mm PO bezel is definitely a 100% fit for the 2254.50 case, but it requires a PO crystal to suit the bezel height. This particular mod had the PO second hand.
    It did look good but lost the profile of the Seamaster case and was more akin to the vintage SM300.