closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch comes to the coronavirus rescue!

Watch comes to the coronavirus rescue!

Well, who would have thought it one of Casio's 'bonkers' watches is turning out to be really useful. It is this one.

The thermo scanner works by monitoring the infra red emissions from the surface of an object. The emissivity of a material can be different. A black body would emit at 1.0. You can alter the emissivity factor on this watch. Its default setting is 0.95 which is close to the factor emitted by most common day materials and particularly water. Skin is also very close to this.

Well my wife and I are not young anymore, I am about six years older than her and will be seventy in about 6 weeks time.

Well, we have been using the watch to check our forehead temperatures, at the same time of day, for the last three days. The temperatures have all been in the 35.7 - 35.8 range and I am keeping a written record of the results. It is so easy and convenient to just point the watch at your forehead.

This is giving us some confidence that we will get an early indicator of any caught flu like disease and I am thinking coronavirus here.

Well done Casio.

Mind you, I have some serious disruption coming soon. My daughter has had to cancel her trip up from London this week for Mothers day and we were going to have a meal out at a good restaurant. Not only that we were due to go to Greece in May but the Greeks are now saying that anyone coming into the country has to go into forcible quarantine for 2 weeks. Can't say I fancy that and anyway I will be seventy then so would they let me out of the country/

I am also still working, so I will have to see what can be done when I reach my seventieth.

Mitch

Master
    Blog Entries
    The perfect watch, given the times we live in!

I am also taking the temperature of all the family daily. My father is not in the best of health so need to keep abreast of everyone’s health.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    The perfect watch, given the times we live in!

I am also taking the temperature of all the family daily. My father is not in the best of health so need to keep abreast of everyone’s health.
    Cheers!

I think you are doing the right thing, you temperature can go up before you develop other symptoms.

Mitch

Here's mine in action.