closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speedy Or Pam233?

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    Go for the Speedy. It's an everyday watch which I think is what you want. Oh, and you get 2 watches as on the bracelet and NATO (assuming big box version) they are very different. Formal everyday watch on bracelet and casual on NATO.
    Thanks but I am definitely leaning more for the 233 at the minute anyway.

I’ve had a 233 and sold it ,I had a dssd and sold it ,I now have another dssd and now I can see me having another 233.
    In this time I’ve had loads of other stuff including a speed master but I’m not missing the speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I’ve had a 233 and sold it ,I had a dssd and sold it ,I now have another dssd and now I can see me having another 233.
    In this time I’ve had loads of other stuff including a speed master but I’m not missing the speedy.

I believe the 233 could potentially be a collectable in time, especially the dot dial.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedTaff View Post
    I believe the 233 could potentially be a collectable in time, especially the dot dial.
    We've been saying that for ages and it hasn't really been true. I wouldn't buy for that reason!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    We've been saying that for ages and it hasn't really been true. I wouldn't buy for that reason!
    Spot on!
    But it to enjoy it!
    Leave the investments value for one.....
    In fact.....I suggest you not to buy any right now.....wait for the fever to go away....
    After that.....you'll pick the Pam for sure :)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Spot on!
    But it to enjoy it!
    Leave the investments value for one.....
    In fact.....I suggest you not to buy any right now.....wait for the fever to go away....
    After that.....you'll pick the Pam for sure :)

Seems as though now is the time to buy, can knock crazy money off one, but this deal is a good un anyway on the 233 as well as the speedy

Master
    A no brainer IMO. I've owned in excess of 10 Speedies, including some special Speedy Pros. The last Pro being BNIB for c£2k.

I don't have a single Speedy left.

I've owned one 233 bought for over £6k. This I still have.

IMO the construction quality and feel of the Panerai is leagues ahead. The Speedy is a basic watch done to a budget playing on it's heritage. And good for it for doing that, it's a great heritage piece.

The Panerai is a showcase of the transformation of Panerai into a watch 'manufacture'. The 1950s case, 8 day movement with many complications, the domed crystal, easy strap changes and ease of telling the time (for those with older eyes).

Read this post from start to finish and you'll know the 233 is worth it https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=252365

Master
    And despite knocking about with a few Paneristi, I've never found myself in proximity to anyone else wearing a 233.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    And despite knocking about with a few Paneristi, I've never found myself in proximity to anyone else wearing a 233.
    Good social distancing Alun.
    You make a good point about the relative scarcity of the 233. I am on a few panerai forums and the 372 plexi seems to be the default choice.
    I would argue that the 372 may be the archetypal vintage style PAM, but the 233 is the archetypal modern PAM.
    At some point I will add one to my ( despite my best intentions growing again ) pamily.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spot on Alun
    And the new word that I just learn....Pamily....just loving it
    Every day is a school day....even when the schools are closed :)
    If mentioned ...cannot miss the chance of posting some pics .....372 but saphire

Master
    No one seems to have posted a pic yet.........i am the worlds worst photographer, just saying!

233 on a Cordes French ammo

Master
    And a lume shot

Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    No one seems to have posted a pic yet.........i am the worlds worst photographer, just saying!

233 on a Cordes French ammo

If this was 47mm I'll be all over it....

Quote Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
    A no brainer IMO. I've owned in excess of 10 Speedies, including some special Speedy Pros. The last Pro being BNIB for c£2k.

I don't have a single Speedy left.

I've owned one 233 bought for over £6k. This I still have.

IMO the construction quality and feel of the Panerai is leagues ahead. The Speedy is a basic watch done to a budget playing on it's heritage. And good for it for doing that, it's a great heritage piece.

The Panerai is a showcase of the transformation of Panerai into a watch 'manufacture'. The 1950s case, 8 day movement with many complications, the domed crystal, easy strap changes and ease of telling the time (for those with older eyes).

Read this post from start to finish and you'll know the 233 is worth it https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=252365
    Thanks so much for the link share, absolutely amazing images there for sure, love it.

Like others, I’ve had both. The Speedy went a long time ago, the 233 Dot Dial remains.

Journeyman
    I also collect Panerai and I have a single brown dial speedy (sapphire sandwich version) in my collection,but I rarely wear my speedy

I went a different path during my pam journey,have been attracted to 233 only to end up with something else (was low on fund) or missed out on one (missed out on 233 dot asking 6.5k usd)

However from my experience,P2002 movt is an amazing workhorse...I have two different versions (pam 339 and 368) and both are giving a respectable 245+ hours of PR and respectable accuracy (+1 spd and -1 spd)

Master
    Good sunday to everyone, Firstly I'd like to say that I hope this reaches you well and that family, friends etc are ok too during these difficult times. Ok there is a decision that I would appreciate the fellow gentry to help me with, this is the final decision on a purchase, between these 2 gorgeous watches, IMHO..

OMEGA SPEEDMASTER 311.30.42.30.01.006 - Brand new £4000

Panerai 00233 - 4 years old superb condition £5500
    Thanks but I am definitely leaning more for the 233 at the minute anyway.
    You asked for help in making a decision. Buy the 233 then