closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: John Lewis Watch Return Issue...

John Lewis Watch Return Issue...

So I purchased a watch from John Lewis last month, returned home and checked it over and it wasn't as nice as I thought so I arranged to send it back on Wednesday via the Hermes return service, dropped it off, got it all in the Hermes network and left the drop off place with my Hermes return label.

Just had an email back from JL this morning saying they would not be refunding me due to its condition, they would be sending it back to me and they have tried to contact me (had no emails or phone calls from them and they have a ll my correct details?).

Just spoken to someone on the phone and they have received an empty box and nothing more!!! I securely taped that box up very well and the watch was in the box as was the returns invoice, they are now escalating this and going to see what's happened with Hermes, I've given them the Hermes Bar Code number and lucky for me I had retained it, never had an issue like this before...

Bloody better get my money back from them and I hope the watch turns up or Hermes find out exactly what's happened to it, if someones stolen it I hope they get caught and lose their job...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    So I purchased a watch from John Lewis last month, returned home and checked it over and it wasn't as nice as I thought so I arranged to send it back on Wednesday via the Hermes return service, dropped it off, got it all in the Hermes network and left the drop off place with my Hermes return label.

Just had an email back from JL this morning saying they would not be refunding me due to its condition, they would be sending it back to me and they have tried to contact me (had no emails or phone calls from them and they have a ll my correct details?).

Just spoken to someone on the phone and they have received an empty box and nothing more!!! I securely taped that box up very well and the watch was in the box as was the returns invoice, they are now escalating this and going to see what's happened with Hermes, I've given them the Hermes Bar Code number and lucky for me I had retained it, never had an issue like this before...

Bloody better get my money back from them and I hope the watch turns up or Hermes find out exactly what's happened to it, if someones stolen it I hope they get caught and lose their job...
    I think you may have use the wrong thread. You need the Myherpes stole my stuff thread.

Hermes, what a complete & utter piece of s**t.

Two ongoing cases of theft before delivery at present, watch and a camera. Police now involved.

Good luck.....

Not a nice position to be in but...
    From a practical point of view, unless Hermes weigh a parcel at various points in the delivery chain, how will they ever know what's happened?
    And without this, how will John Lewis ever know for certain that you did return a watch?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Not a nice position to be in but...
    From a practical point of view, unless Hermes weigh a parcel at various points in the delivery chain, how will they ever know what's happened?
    And without this, how will John Lewis ever know for certain that you did return a watch?
    It’s the last time I ever use Hermes drop off now, had the option of using Royal Mail as well but it was just easier to get to the Hermes drop off point, that was it...
    At least the Post Office do weigh parcels, never again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Hermes or John Lewis related..BUT! A couple of years ago, I bought (well a trade was involved) a watch from the Netherlands..The watch I sent arrived safely...however...when it came to the watch I was to receive.....a box came...it was very light! Sure enough..no watch inside!

The guy I was dealing with, gave me my money back, and sent my watch back etc...(I felt guilty?! so gave him some money towards it)....

I never did find out what happened in the end!

I do remember though...on the parcel itself, were two weights...one with the watch and one without!

So I assume? it got stolen somewhere along the line!
    Last edited by valleywatch; 14th March 2020 at 13:17. Reason: spelling!

I returned some Sony headphones back to Amazon via Hermes. It took nearly two weeks for the headphones to ‘arrive’ at Amazon. I had to make a few phone calls to Amazon who advised that I should contact Hermes. I did not and continued via my communication via Amazon as I had followed their instructions on returning.

I did visit Hermes website and entered the tracking number which showed my parcel picked up and then nothing after. I took a screenshot and emailed this to Amazon also.

Hopefully you receive your money back ASAP.

Craftsman
    Hermes are a shower of s**t

Master
    Surely if JL have said it’s not in a returnable condition they’ve accepted they’ve seen it. Could just as easily be they’ve lost it as a Hermes?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Had a similar issue with an online clothes order which was delivered by Hermes. Half the contents were missing from the box when I received the parcel and although I got it resolved (ie got refunded for the missing items) it was a PITA to sort out and took up quite a bit of time I didn't really have.

Separately, since putting cameras up on my house I've caught 3 delivery drivers stealing Parcels from my porch. All reported to the police, online retailers who the parcels were purchased from and the couriers who's sticky fingers drivers were employed with. Net result, diddly. Seems theft in online shopping is rife, and its easier and cheaper for online retailers to refund/replace than resolve.

Sorry to hear of your issues, hope it gets resolved.

I ordered a pair of Timex Allied watches from Scotts which arrived yesterday via my hermes. Inside were two Timex boxes but only one watch. There was absolutely no way the parcel could have been tampered with as it was a sealed cardboard box with a tear strip to open it (unless the box was replaced by someone at my hermes, hmmm....?)
    Therefore it's more likely Scotts are at fault, and I'm awaiting a reply from them. Only £26 watches so not a disaster, but my hermes does seem to be springing up a lot lately!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Surely if JL have said it’s not in a returnable condition they’ve accepted they’ve seen it. Could just as easily be they’ve lost it as a Hermes?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes I spoke to the girl at cUstomer services as soon as I got the email saying they had received it in an unacceptable condition? It was her who said to me they had received an empty box with no receipt or invoice, if that’s the case how did they know it was my order then???

Just hope I get my money back as something has definitely gone wrong in me dropping it at the Hermes drop off through to it being delivered to JL?

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post

... Net result, diddly. Seems theft in online shopping is rife, and its easier and cheaper for online retailers to refund/replace than resolve.
    Before the introduction of containerisation for international cargo shipping, exporters automatically added 10% to the order - this was known as 'shrinkage'. When sealed shipping containers were introduced, replacing pallets, the dockers' unions demanded a payrise to compensate for the loss or their perk.

Yes I spoke to the girl at cUstomer services as soon as I got the email saying they had received it in an unacceptable condition? It was her who said to me they had received an empty box with no receipt or invoice, if that’s the case how did they know it was my order then???

From the tracking details possibly? I really hope it works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    From the tracking details possibly? I really hope it works out for you.

Yeah must be that then, the girl did say she is escalating it to her manager and onwards so guess I’ll have to wait to hear what they say later in the week.

Master
    I honestly think that sending a high value small item through the post is high risk due to fraud by almost anyone involved in the process. Watches are well sought after by rouges and villains.

Even weighing the parcel at every stage of the process is not that useful because the famous pebble in the box still weighs the same.

If you cannot buy it locally or are prepared to travel to do a deal, just forget it. No watch is worth the worry.

Yeah must be that then, the girl did say she is escalating it to her manager and onwards so guess I’ll have to wait to hear what they say later in the week.
    It will be interesting to see what happens, I'd have thought John Lewis would not make a case of ot nit who knows. Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    I am using Secursus for watches valued over 2.5k. No losses or damage as yet but find their customer service very quick to respond and most helpful.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

too late now for you but whenever I send anything of value now I generally video the packing process and/or take images as the packing is done.It still doesnt prove that I didnt send an empty box etc but its reasonably good evidence should it be required.
    Keith

Journeyman
    Hmm strange this is strange i hope they find out what happpened to the watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I honestly think that sending a high value small item through the post is high risk due to fraud by almost anyone involved in the process. Watches are well sought after by rouges and villains.

Even weighing the parcel at every stage of the process is not that useful because the famous pebble in the box still weighs the same.

If you cannot buy it locally or are prepared to travel to do a deal, just forget it. No watch is worth the worry.
    I couldn’t agree more! Too much can go wrong, if it’s worth it I think travelling for a face to face is the only option in my eyes,

Master
    It really doesn't reflect well on a shop with JL's pretensions to use Hermes, and the more people make that point to them the better.

Journeyman
    I returned my Alexa Show to Amazon using Hermes.
    I waited a couple of weeks and heard nothing. I contacted Amazon Customer Services to be informed they had not received it.
    They accepted my word and evidence of posting and gave me a refund.
    To be fair, I cant say if it was lost or stolen

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    too late now for you but whenever I send anything of value now I generally video the packing process and/or take images as the packing is done.It still doesnt prove that I didnt send an empty box etc but its reasonably good evidence should it be required.
    Keith

When I made a return to Louis Vuitton - they ask that you don’t seal the box until the person comes to pick it up
    They check everything is there and then watch you seal it
    I was happy to do so in view of cases such as the above

Spoke to JL today’s news they say another department is looking into it, hopefully I should hear something in a few days time.
    I paid via PayPal and if I don’t get my money back I’m raising a complaint through them...

May I ask who paid for the Hermes service?

If it was you, then it's up to you to pursue the matter with Hermes.

If it was John Lewis, then you should pursue them for a full refund. If JLP then wish to claim from Hermes, that's up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    May I ask who paid for the Hermes service?

If it was you, then it's up to you to pursue the matter with Hermes.

If it was John Lewis, then you should pursue them for a full refund. If JLP then wish to claim from Hermes, that's up to them.
    John Lewis, it’s part of their return service...

Ive recently had a saga of woe dealing with LG customer service, which I hope has finally been resolved, but not without a fight, I won a 50inch LG TV in a company competition, I won it around Christmas time but due to the office location I didn't pick it up until February, when I unboxed it it has numerous waves lines in the screen along two sides and at the edge of the screen, behind the bezel edge you could clearly see it was 'pinched' and there was even adhesive showing through, I contacted the retailer to our company ( a office supplies place ) and they said I needed to take up warranty claims with LG directly, so I did and was asked to provide photos, they contacted me to say it was accidental damage and so not covered, I of course told them no way and could they inspect it as it was obvious when looking at it the damage was internal, they refused and said their tech guys see 100s of photos like mine and they are all accidental damage. I had to make a snotty post on their Facebook account to get the social media team involved, to be fair they were great and arranged for a pick up and inspection, lo and behold they have admitted a manufacturing fault and offered a repair or refund if I return it to the retailer, I opted for the repair due to logistics. I just wish I could speak to 'Liam' the customer service guy who told me I must have damaged it and no way was it going to go any further.
    Interestingly, if you look at LG CS reviews on Trust Pilot, they are 90% + negative!
    Its worth pushing on!
    Cheers..
    Jase

I too found LG CS to be severely lacking, staffed by people who clearly didn’t want to do what they were employed for.

The remote on my 65” OLED was chewing through batteries, on average would last around 10 days before the remote would stop working and the batteries would need to be replaced. After I think the 8th set I contacted LG, this part was simple but I did have to make multiple calls before they believed that there was a problem and posted the remote off to them.

Long story short, it took bloody ages to get a remote back during which they claimed to have tested the remote and found no issues, then claimed it was sent to the wrong department, then I think it was lost and eventually they stated that even though there was nothing wrong with the remote I had sent them, only through the goodness of their heart they’d sent out a replacement. The first didn’t arrive, luckily the second did.

The good news is the new remote doesn’t chew through batteries but I dread having to go through their CS as it was just plain useless.

John Lewis, it’s part of their return service...

In which case you handed the package to an agent acting on behalf of JLP. If they wanted to dispute the contents of that package, they should have done so at that point.
    Anything that happens to that package after JLP's agent has accepted it on behalf of JLP is not your concern.

Rather tough on JLP as they've clearly been rinsed, but legally they contracted the courier, so from your perspective the package is in JLPs' care as soon as their courier collects it.

In your shoes I would politely remind them of this. I would expect them to state that the courier can not be expected to check the package contents, which is also true and fair. You next move is to ask them if they are accusing you of returning an empty box and if so, to put that in writing.

Of course they won't do that, which then leaves them only one option.

As I say, it ain't fair on JLP, but then they are the ones choosing Hermes over a decent courier.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    In which case you handed the package to an agent acting on behalf of JLP. If they wanted to dispute the contents of that package, they should have done so at that point.
    Anything that happens to that package after JLP's agent has accepted it on behalf of JLP is not your concern.

Rather tough on JLP as they've clearly been rinsed, but legally they contracted the courier, so from your perspective the package is in JLPs' care as soon as their courier collects it.

In your shoes I would politely remind them of this. I would expect them to state that the courier can not be expected to check the package contents, which is also true and fair. You next move is to ask them if they are accusing you of returning an empty box and if so, to put that in writing.

Of course they won't do that, which then leaves them only one option.

As I say, it ain't fair on JLP, but then they are the ones choosing Hermes over a decent courier.
    Thank you for the information, I’m going to call them tomorrow morning and using your advice go after my full refund.
    I’ll update when I hopefully have positive news.

Finally got my refund from John Lewis today, spoke to someone yesterday wanting an update and they just said ok, PayPal refund received today?

They couldn’t tell me what the outcome was and whether the watch was found which I found strange???

Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad that worked out in the end.

The delivery/collection staff at Hermes are nothing but opportunists thieves. Had 2 occasions where I purchased online clothing from reputable retailers only for them to use Hermes delivery but never turned up. First time....ok lesson learned...second retailer using Hermes delivery??? Alarm bells went off but had no choice....didnt turn up. Regards I got refunded both times but end if the day a waste off time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Glad it worked out for you.

I shudder a little whenever I find out that something is being delivered by Hermes.

I've only ever had to return one thing via Hermes. Guess what? They lost it. It was a suit being returned to Charles Tyrwhitt. As I had proof of drop off, it was painless asking for a refund two weeks later when I still hadn't received any email or credit to my bank account, and CT were quick to sort that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gh0$T View Post
    The delivery/collection staff at Hermes are nothing but opportunists thieves. Had 2 occasions where I purchased online clothing from reputable retailers only for them to use Hermes delivery but never turned up. First time....ok lesson learned...second retailer using Hermes delivery??? Alarm bells went off but had no choice....didnt turn up. Regards I got refunded both times but end if the day a waste off time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app
    This is probably wrong.
    Are you actually saying that EVERYONE who delivers for Hermes is an opportunist thief????
    I really hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I ordered a pair of Timex Allied watches from Scotts which arrived yesterday via my hermes. Inside were two Timex boxes but only one watch. There was absolutely no way the parcel could have been tampered with as it was a sealed cardboard box with a tear strip to open it (unless the box was replaced by someone at my hermes, hmmm....?)
    Therefore it's more likely Scotts are at fault, and I'm awaiting a reply from them. Only £26 watches so not a disaster, but my hermes does seem to be springing up a lot lately!

Very glad it worked out for you.
    Scott's refunded me £30 so very happy with that also. But no expanation so no idea what if anything occurred between them and Hermes, so I'm assuming Scott's despatch department were at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    This is probably wrong.
    Are you actually saying that EVERYONE who delivers for Hermes is an opportunist thief????
    I really hope not...

That’s really funny