closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Impact of Coronavirus on the Watch Market

Received call from goldsmiths today that my rootbeer has arrived from the depths of their safe and ready if i am interested . 50% deposit and remaining 50% when shops open and collection.

Anyone else got call regards this approach ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    Received call from goldsmiths today that my rootbeer has arrived from the depths of their safe and ready if i am interested . 50% deposit and remaining 50% when shops open and collection.

Anyone else got call regards this approach ?
    Which part of the country are you in?

Very interesting as I too had a call about my root beer being ready today!,

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Northwest . Wonder where all this stock suddenly comes from . Stashed in safes With AD or Rolex UK delivered their stocks to AD ?
    Saw some posts on fb groups aswel that people are getting contacted by AD for certain watches .

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Which part of the country are you in?

Very interesting as I too had a call about my root beer being ready today!,

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

If you had to pick one month not to pay a deposit and hope that nothing would interfere.....

I got the same call last week from a mobile number saying your bi metal Daytona is in 50% deposit now to hold it and 50% once open and collected,
    So let me get this right 7k now and in one or two or three months if not longer collect the watch. How do I pay? give card details over for 7k ?
    To a mobile number

I sacked it felt WOS just trying to rake up money for when the they open clever really while they are closed

It's not right time to peel 7k for Daytona bi metal and wait months to have, I said give me a call when open and will seen what position I am in. She said plenty on list for that particular watch I said fine not a problem At all

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 8th April 2020 at 00:36.

50% now and 50% IF the stores ever reopen.

Damn sure I wouldn’t spunk 50% deposit on that particular gamble. Bigger retailers than Goldsmiths will go to the wall due to Corvid. Care required.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    Northwest . Wonder where all this stock suddenly comes from . Stashed in safes With AD or Rolex UK delivered their stocks to AD ?
    Saw some posts on fb groups aswel that people are getting contacted by AD for certain watches .
    A few watches held for preferred customers who then declined, hastily pulled from the safes with home working staff being given the task of working their way down the lists for 50% up front to support cash flow.

Will be a bit of a thankless task imo with most sensible people realising that spunking 50% on a 12k piece for collection "when things get back to normal" is not the wisest move right now.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    A few watches held for preferred customers who then declined, hastily pulled from the safes with home working staff being given the task of working their way down the lists for 50% up front to support cash flow.

Will be a bit of a thankless task imo with most sensible people realising that spunking 50% on a 12k piece for collection "when things get back to normal" is not the wisest move right now.
    I think it depends on the watch in a few cases, I don’t think they would have to ring many to secure a 50% on a steel Daytona, but I agree with some of the others they may not have as much joy. How times have changed from us ringing them ..to them ringing us for business !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

Hence why I told them to whistle

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk