closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Tudor ever make another 3 dial Panda dial again?

Will Tudor ever make another 3 dial Panda dial again?

I know everyone is clamouring for Tudor to re make the Sub, but for me I'd like them to make another Tudor Prince Date Panda, anyone think this would be something they could re-do?

I think if you were talking Omega then probably, but Tudor / Rolex don't tend to do these revisits of earlier models.

But you never know...

Just remembered: Red SD - so clearly I'm talking rubbish. There will be one out next year

Didn’t know Omega made a 3 dial watch lol...

Just think something like a 79180 or a 79280 remake would be a instant hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love that too. Sinn also had a few nice chrono designs, even re-released but the originals from Tudor and Sinn are still the best in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It would be a smash hit if they did.

I suppose the 58 is a revisit to the divers of the 50/60's and the P01 is certainly a deep dive into their archives so not a massive leap to get a nice vintage panda chrono reissue.

With the inhouse/breitling movement they made for the BB Chrono it would make sense to bring out more chronos to justify all the R+D that went into it.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think if you were talking Omega then probably, but Tudor / Rolex don't tend to do these revisits of earlier models.

But you never know...

Just remembered: Red SD - so clearly I'm talking rubbish. There will be one out next year

Plus of course the Home Plate and Monte Carlo Heritage and Snow Flake reissues, etc.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I used to own a 79280P reverse panda, the Tiger edition. It came on a Jubilee bracelet but I wore it on a Tudor 78500 with 605 end links.

It was a nice watch but I sold it about 10 years ago when I began clearing out my watches with the date function. I was never a fan of the date (especially with the cyclops) or the 7750 wobble and thickness so not one I miss a great deal. I did quite like the 40mm size, much better than the current 42mm versions IMO.

The only photo I can find without digging up an old hard drive.

I wish they would!

I’m extremely happy with my BB Chrono but accept that, although I can get just about away with it, the case is definitely pushing the outer size limits for me. If they could find their way to a classic reissue or simply bringing out a brand new panda, in a BB58(ish) size case, that would have me chomping at the bit. I still keep an eye on Tiger Princes but I’ve never quite pulled the trigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it would be a home run, and imho it’s inevitable they will at some point. Mine from 2000 ish cyclops suits the watch on this occasion I feel
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 16th March 2020 at 08:53.

I'm holding out for a Tudor Sub Snowflake, in a similar size but with modern movement etc. Then I'm in.

Craftsman
    Not a panda dial, but close, green with white sub dials.

Tudor Fastrider

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Maybe silver sub-dials, but still cool !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I think it would be a home run, and imho it’s inevitable they will at some point. Mine from 2000 ish cyclops suits the watch on this occasion I feel
    That's a good looking watch

Craftsman

Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by vortex89 View Post
    It would be a smash hit if they did.

I suppose the 58 is a revisit to the divers of the 50/60's and the P01 is certainly a deep dive into their archives so not a massive leap to get a nice vintage panda chrono reissue.

With the inhouse/breitling movement they made for the BB Chrono it would make sense to bring out more chronos to justify all the R+D that went into it.

Fingers crossed.

The chronograph models that Tudor have brought out have all been applauded initially by the watch community but they have in general failed to grab the attention of a wider audience and now languished at the back of displays. The case size has probably been the biggest fault, until they get control on that and present a more balanced model, then I feel that no matter what dial configuration they release they will still be a miss.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    The chronograph models that Tudor have brought out have all been applauded initially by the watch community but they have in general failed to grab the attention of a wider audience and now languished at the back of displays. The case size has probably been the biggest fault, until they get control on that and present a more balanced model, then I feel that no matter what dial configuration they release they will still be a miss.
    Strange isn’t it that one of the most sought after Tudor chrono’s of the past is the 79180 “big block” with the over sized, slab sided case, yet everyone says the modern Tudor chronographs are too chunky.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Craftsman

Daytona

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Strange isn’t it that one of the most sought after Tudor chrono’s of the past is the 79180 “big block” with the over sized, slab sided case, yet everyone says the modern Tudor chronographs are too chunky.

One of the appeals of the 79180 is the similarity to the Rolex Daytona of the period in looks, although a little fatter in the case, the Monte Carlo version is a funky Daytona in many a buyers eye.

With the updated heritage versions this similarity to the Daytona was lost, which after the initial excitement of their release became apparent to potential buyers who decided to leave it mostly sitting in store displays rather than on wrists.