closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TAG Heuer Aquaracer 41mm - Thoughts and Opinions?

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 41mm - Thoughts and Opinions?

Hi all, hope everyone is managing well and staying safe still.

I’m edging closer and close to pulling the trigger on a Tag 41mm diver. These come with the SS bezel, as opposed to the ceramic on the 43mm - but that size would just be too big on me. I prefer the SS bezel anyway as I want something toolish that will be used for swimming, beach, camping, adventuring, travelling etc rather than just being a desk diver.

I love the aesthetic, although am undecided between the black or white dial, but I just wondered if there were any user experiences or opinions to chuck in related to fit, finish, build quality etc?

I know TH gets a bad rap in some quarters but I had an F1 a few years back and it was excellent, and every review of these I see speaks well of the quality. With discount codes I have I can get a good few hundred off of RRP, I know they don’t hold value. Problem is in the current situation I can’t just go try one on hence the reach out.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that with the white face. I have the 43mm ceramic Aquaracer (chrono) and one thing I can say is it’s a heavy watch! I’m not sure how the 2 compare but I’d be inclined to hang fire until you’ve had a chance to try one.

Jon

TAG Heuer Aquaracer 41mm - Thoughts and Opinions?

Everyone loves to hate TH but I’ve had many and would be happy to have another (at the right price).

I’d go with either the blue or the white one but would prefer them to go back to slightly smaller sizes, 41mm is just about Ok though.

They are very reminiscent of the old 2000 series and I’d expect the bezel to be a but of a scratch magnet, particularly the polished bits.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 21st May 2020 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Hi all, hope everyone is managing well and staying safe still.

I’m edging closer and close to pulling the trigger on a Tag 41mm diver. These come with the SS bezel, as opposed to the ceramic on the 43mm - but that size would just be too big on me. I prefer the SS bezel anyway as I want something toolish that will be used for swimming, beach, camping, adventuring, travelling etc rather than just being a desk diver.

I love the aesthetic, although am undecided between the black or white dial, but I just wondered if there were any user experiences or opinions to chuck in related to fit, finish, build quality etc?

I know TH gets a bad rap in some quarters but I had an F1 a few years back and it was excellent, and every review of these I see speaks well of the quality. With discount codes I have I can get a good few hundred off of RRP, I know they don’t hold value. Problem is in the current situation I can’t just go try one on hence the reach out.

Cheers

The white face would be my choice as a summer watch and on some sort of orange strap, have looked at this a few times. Think the Tag outlet in Bicester had this model in 41mm. Just the cyclops to ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Everyone loves to hate TH but I’ve had many and would be happy to have another (at the right price).

I’d go with either the blue or the white one but would prefer them to go back to slightly smaller sizes, 41mm is just about Ok though.

They are very reminiscent of the old 2000 series and I’d expect the bezel to be a but of a scratch magnet, particularly the polished bits.
    Yeah every time I think I’ve decided on which colour, something draws me to the other one!

The white is different, doesn’t blend in - I have a BB41 so don’t really need another (mostly) monochrome sports watch. The white look is really fresh, a nice summer vibe. I love the touches of orange too.

But then I come back to the black - with the splashes of yellow which I also really like. The black has the polished indices which adds a shade more bling, whereas the white is totally matte and therefore 100% toolish. I want the watch primarily as a weekend/outdoors type piece, but in the winter months when there’s not so much going on I might wanna wear it to the office more and the black I think would be more discrete and versatile in that respect.

First world problems I guess.

Master
    I would say the 41mm is a better size to wear, the tag is a nice watch, I have the f1 gmt which is in a very similar case and I love how it wears if that helps

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Collector View Post
    I love that with the white face. I have the 43mm ceramic Aquaracer (chrono) and one thing I can say is it’s a heavy watch! I’m not sure how the 2 compare but I’d be inclined to hang fire until you’ve had a chance to try one.

Jon

My 41mm is quite hefty, you know it’s that it’s there, but doesn’t wear massive

Apprentice
    I love mine, doesn't look big or feel heavy.
    Orange hand is set off nice against the white face

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tatschris81 View Post
    I love mine, doesn't look big or feel heavy.
    Orange hand is set off nice against the white face

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Very nice - that’s the quartz model I believe? I failed to snag one of those off of SC recently!

Master
    Theres 41mm models with ceramic bezels also isn't there?

I've had many different aquaracers and my personal favourite is the previous models.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I am a big fan of white dial watches and that white aquaracer looks boss IMHO. The orange second hand give a it an EXP2 vibe which I really like. Would look great on orange rubber or NATO.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I hate Tag as a brand. I’d have a Heuer but dislike them from the period the Saudi’s owned it.

When did Tag Heuer start squashing their logo?

Master
    Trouble with TAG is that they are basically very ordinary watches at silly prices. Nothing wrong with them, but why pay a lot more for one of those over a Seiko? Is the magic word 'Switzerland' worth that much?
    Hate the textured dial....I know I'm being very old fogieish, but textured dials are one of these modern trends I can't deal with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Trouble with TAG is that they are basically very ordinary watches at silly prices. Nothing wrong with them, but why pay a lot more for one of those over a Seiko? Is the magic word 'Switzerland' worth that much?
    Hate the textured dial....I know I'm being very old fogieish, but textured dials are one of these modern trends I can't deal with!!!
    I kind of feel same about Seiko at the moment. Fed up with them putting prices up and quality down, shoehorning everything into the S5/Presage/Prospex/GS pigeon holes, discontinuing most of their best models and making the rest limited editions.

They don’t offer much at the Tag price point, ie £1200 - £1800. It’s either the £500 to £1000 mark where you have to deal with their weak QC and naff bracelets, or the + £3000 zone ie GS range which is way over budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    but why pay a lot more for one of those over a Seiko?
    Because we are buying male jewellery - if followed the line of argument you are proposed every thread would conclude with:

"Argos has an offer on Lorus"

Craftsman
    I think it's a great looking watch.

With the all steel bezel, my preference would be the white dial, or the blue.

The calibre 5 is just a 2824-2, or an SW200, but I don't regard either of those as negatives at this price point.

I think second hand, or reduced as they frequently are, these are good value for money.

I haven't owned one though, so feel free to disregard.

Buy a used one all day long

Just daft money even with a discount code

Master
    Pretty sure watchfinder would have this model at a good discount

Master
    I like them, tried One around Xmas time with a view to buying one as a (joint) gift and was impressed with the heft and generally solid feel. Like the cyclops and wavy dial. If you can get a deal on one then why not ?
    Get it bought OP.
    If you don’t like it utilise your consumer distance selling rights and send it back !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice

I actually just bought a used previous generation blue dial.

The build quality is good and it’s a comfortable wear in 41mm.

I’d suggest buying used as they drop in value considerably so if you do eventually decide to move it on you won’t take too much of a hit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Theres 41mm models with ceramic bezels also isn't there?
    yes, the WAK2110 for one.
    I have it on rubber with a deployant, makes for a good weekend watch

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_UY879_.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    yes, the WAK2110 for one.
    I have it on rubber with a deployant, makes for a good weekend watch

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._AC_UY879_.jpg

I’m fairly sure the 41mm with the ceramic bezel have been discontinued.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I’m fairly sure the 41mm with the ceramic bezel have been discontinued.
    that model is discontinued, but a browse on tagheuer.com throws up WAY211A

https://www.tagheuer.com/on/demandwa...328&height=996

I’ve got the white dialled auto version and love it. Before buying I looked at the other colour dial variants including green, but opted for white as I find that the black frames around indices and hands is a very legible combination set against the white background.

I opted for the 43mm version largely again for legibility (set against a background of deteriorating eyesight.) It looks fine on my 7.5ins wrist. I tried the 41mm and it wears very nicely too, but wasn’t as legible for me as the 43mm.

I tried several before purchasing and there seems to be a bit of variance in the bezel actions, with there being a bit of lateral and rotational play in a couple of the new watches I looked at. I ended up purchasing a pre-owned model from Watchfinder at a good discount with most of the original warranty still in place. There is no play in the bezel and it turns very crisply. So they are out there and may be the majority examples, with the couple I looked at just being down to bad luck.

It’s a great watch that is very versatile and can be worn on a variety of straps and in lots of colour schemes. Dress up with a black leather or, if you want a little colour a black leather strap with orange stitching. On the beach multicoloured NATO’s work very well.

Personally, I think it’s a lot of watch for the money particularly if you can find one pre-owned or with some discount. It’s very versatile and looks good in most settings, formal white shirt/suit, casual/jeans or shorts on the beach.

Last edited by Onespeed; 22nd May 2020 at 07:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Onespeed View Post
    I’ve got the white dialled auto version and love it. Before buying I looked at the other colour dial variants including green, but opted for white as I find that the black frames around indices and hands is a very legible combination set against the white background.

I opted for the 43mm version largely again for legibility (set against a background of deteriorating eyesight.) It looks fine on my 7.5ins wrist. I tried the 41mm and it wears very nicely too, but wasn’t as legible for me as the 43mm.

I tried several before purchasing and there seems to be a bit of variance in the bezel actions, with there being a bit of lateral and rotational play in a couple of the new watches I looked at. I ended up purchasing a pre-owned model from Watchfinder at a good discount with most of the original warranty still in place. There is no play in the bezel and it turns very crisply. So they are out there and may be the majority examples, with the couple I looked at just being down to bad luck.

It’s a great watch that is very versatile and can be worn on a variety of straps and in lots of colour schemes. Dress up with a black leather or, if you want a little colour a black leather strap with orange stitching. On the beach multicoloured NATO’s work very well.

Personally, I think it’s a lot of watch for the money particularly if you can find one pre-owned or with some discount. It’s very versatile and looks good in most settings, formal white shirt/suit, casual/jeans or shorts on the beach.

Cheers for taking the time to write that. Think I’m deffo gonna pull the trigger, just a case of deciding between black or white. Nudging towards white after reading your post! Will have to be 41mm for me though with a 6.75” wrist.

Master
    I have an older 41mm Aquaracer without the cyclops and love it.
    It's a comfortable watch and looks great in the sun.
    I don't remember seeing the white one when I got mine but would have probably picked it over the blue.
    The white one is beautiful when the dial is lit up.Attachment 17803

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I like them and had a 39mm Quartz for a while. It felt very good quality and wore well on the wrist.