closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help with shipping to UK adress

Help with shipping to UK adress

Morning all. I have just sold and shipped a watch to a UK address. It was sold via Chrono24 (after not selling here).

Track and trace shows delivery was unsuccessful, incorrect address. Package appears to be coming back.

The address came from chrono24 itself (as advised) and I copy pasted it to the package label without changes, e.g. the name does not have capitals.

I struggle to fully understand the address (I am Dutch) though as there is a flat and a house in there and also a street name. It has two numbers of which one is a range. Address is in London.

Is there someone willing to PM on how this address works? Check if I labelled correctly? Don’t want to post it in an open forum yet hard to discuss without disclosing.

Upon return I will need to resend, hence understanding the address/ address formatting may be of help.

Help appreciated.

Some more thoughts and context:

There may be another explanation. On posting my local post office enters the zip code and house number in a digital system. As there are multiple numbers this may have caused error. Although the full address is clearly printed on the package so the post man should be able to see it if digital systems are incomplete.

Also I contacted local post services (Dutch) who (after verifying my identity) sent a form where to submit the correct address. I did this yesterday morning, the “return to sender” message came late yesterday in tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am happy to have a look for you
    Pm me the address and I will see if it is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am happy to have a look for you
    Pm me the address and I will see if it is correct
    Thanks pm coming!

This site might help, goes on a bit but the links on the left could be useful, enter the post code you have and see if it matches the rest of the address you have?

https://www.postcodeaddressfile.co.u..._explained.htm

Thanks for all the help. Appears the address, although complex, is fine and I now understand all the elements of it (appartment, building, street). In addition I received helpful suggestions on how to label it on a package more clearly. Really appreciated!

I have had similar issues sending stuff overseas to places where the address looks very different. To keep things simple I just take a screen shot of the address as it appears on PayPal, print it out and stick it on the parcel. Sometimes causes fun at the Post Office, but you hope it's more meaningful to the delivery people in the country it's sent to. Been fine so far

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I have had similar issues sending stuff overseas to places where the address looks very different. To keep things simple I just take a screen shot of the address as it appears on PayPal, print it out and stick it on the parcel. Sometimes causes fun at the Post Office, but you hope it's more meaningful to the delivery people in the country it's sent to. Been fine so far
    Fully agreed. To me this UK address was a mystery. I did the same and copy pasted it on the package to avoid typos or messing it up somehow.

Hope to learn soon what went wrong though as two members here confirmed the address to be fine. Though suggesting slightly improved ways on formatting.

Then again status messages on tracking sites are somewhat limited, perhaps there was another issue altogether.

Master

That is a very good idea, never entered my mind to do that but will be now!

Thanks again for the help offered here. Package was returned to me safely. Reason for return was unclear as labels to return were added on top. Nothing legible and I could still read the intended address.

Using advice here I slightly reformatted the address and printed it on the package twice to avoid chance of both being covered up with labels along the way. Second attempt was successful.

Unless non-Western (Japanese etc.) can't you still just type/write it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Unless non-Western (Japanese etc.) can't you still just type/write it?
    You could, just easier to screen shot it and print it out. Even if you typed it you would still need to print it.

Master
    You could, just easier to screen shot it and print it out. Even if you typed it you would still need to print it.
    I always make sure to have the PM/email on my phone and hold it up to the glass for the PO to double check. Some of these foreign addresses look rather made up haha.

Fair enough!

Some people don't do themselves any favours with their PayPal address TBH, e.g. all lower case, post code merged into one 'word' etc.

Journeyman
    Well...One thing to remember is if a package is sent from a retailer like Amazon or think geek they will not mark packages as gifts, so even if it is a gift you can still get hit with customs and brokerage fees and this goes for a lot of countries when shipping internationally. Also if you want to send Epackeg you probably need to get more reliable information about it http://www.kake.com/story/41709177/w...ow-to-track-it
    Last edited by Derrils; 25th May 2020 at 10:51.

Some postmen/women are a law into themselves! It’s probably no fault of yours that it is being returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrils View Post
    Well...One thing to remember is if a package is sent from a retailer like Amazon or think geek they will not mark packages as gifts, so even if it is a gift you can still get hit with customs and brokerage fees and this goes for a lot of countries when shipping internationally.
    Gifts aren't necessarily free from charges either (believe no difference in duty and only VAT free under £40).
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 22nd May 2020 at 20:51.