closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tales from the workshop: Lancia Beta - without rust (!)

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Tales from the workshop: Lancia Beta - without rust (!)

A few years ago I showed a big lump of American iron here on the forum: a two-tone blue Packard with a Saoutchik body. The owner of that car has a couple of other classics as well, including this blue Lancia Beta.

First: this car 1979 car is absolutely rust free! A wise previous owner had all the cavities doused in ML Tectyl and it had a sheltered life as well!

The guys in the shop had to take the engine out because the engine leaked oil. It dripped between the bell housing and the engine block. The rear crank seal was the culprit. Lowering the whole front suspension and then lowering the engine proved to be the easiest way. A great moment to check the front suspension rubbers and brake hoses as well. They weren't to bad, but now easily changed. So why wait?

The engine is an interesting one. First look: an off-the-shelf FIAT product as found in the Ritmo (remember that car?). It came in 1300, 1600 and I think also in 2000cc form. This one is the 1600cc version. It looks like a Ritmo engine, but everything says 'Lancia' on the block and cylinder head!

The pics are from last Saturday. Today the engine was spic and span again, complete with the inside of the bell housing cleaned and a new clutch assembly.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 13th March 2020 at 23:07.