closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 54 of 178 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,700 of 8872

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Got any more info to back up that claim? Genuinely interested, otherwise it comes across as a bit pumpy and dumpy.
    DYOR.

But

7.4 million ounces of gold in the Measured and Indicated categories and 3.8 million ounces of gold in the Inferred category.

Keith Neumeyer, founding President and CEO of First Majestic Silver Corp. and a co-founder of First Quantum Minerals Ltd.

We started off being a mineral storage bank. Buy up mines on the cheap and hold and develop when viable. Approach has changed in the last year or so and partnership and development has been implemented.
    Instead of buying gold bars this is buying gold in the ground at loose change money.

I would never share my wealth secrets with anyone unless paid, but these times are hard and if I can help those in need just once, this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    Investing in gold is more rewarding picking a certain stock.

I have followed this outfit headed by one of the best in the field with proven track record.

https://firstmininggold.com/

This is one of the best potential “multi baggers” I have seen throughout my career and as it stands in the world currently.

You’re all most welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Got any more info to back up that claim? Genuinely interested, otherwise it comes across as a bit pumpy and dumpy.
    A Canadian penny stock, listed on the US pink sheets. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, maybe a hint that the company has sold new equity at least five times during the last half year. A couple of weeks ago, it received $22 mio from another company, First Majestic (FM) in a transaction where First Mining granted First Majestic the right to buy 50% of the silver produced for the lifetime of the Springpole Gold Project mine. However First Majestic seems to be as cash-poor as First Mining and paid 75% of the consideration in own shares rather than cash.

Oh yeah, and they are saying this:

Readers are cautioned that the PEA is preliminary in nature and includes Inferred mineral resources that
    are too speculative geologically to have economic considerations applied to them that would enable them
    to be categorized as mineral reserves. There is no certainty that PEA results will be realized. Mineral
    resources are not mineral reserves and do not have demonstrated economic viability.

But I suppose that's alright, because they also own shares in another obscure miner (Treasury Metals Inc.) and a property portfolio. I am sure they are well worth their 291 million market cap (it was half of that 3 months ago).

I refer to my earlier statement on this thread. LOLZ.

(...) Keith Neumeyer, founding President and CEO of First Majestic Silver Corp. (...)
    Ah, so it's even the same guy on both sides of the deal? That should alleviate any concerns, right?

Master
    Investing in gold is more rewarding picking a certain stock.

I have followed this outfit headed by one of the best in the field with proven track record.

https://firstmininggold.com/

This is one of the best potential “multi baggers” I have seen throughout my career and as it stands in the world currently.

You’re all most welcome.
    'potential multi bagger' hahahahahahah

take your pump and dump and shove it.

Blog Entries
    DYOR.

But

7.4 million ounces of gold in the Measured and Indicated categories and 3.8 million ounces of gold in the Inferred category.

Keith Neumeyer, founding President and CEO of First Majestic Silver Corp. and a co-founder of First Quantum Minerals Ltd.

We started off being a mineral storage bank. Buy up mines on the cheap and hold and develop when viable. Approach has changed in the last year or so and partnership and development has been implemented.
    Instead of buying gold bars this is buying gold in the ground at loose change money.

I would never share my wealth secrets with anyone unless paid, but these times are hard and if I can help those in need just once, this is it.
    Thanks for the info. Where you refer to 'we started off..', are you associated with this company in any way?

There are two possibilities here:

1. you have no idea what you are talking about or
    2. you are intentionally trying to mislead potential investors

"Canadian standards, including NI 43-101, differ significantly from the requirements of the SEC, and mineral resource and reserve information contained herein may not be comparable to similar information disclosed by U.S. companies. In particular, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the term "resource” does not equate to the term "reserves”. Under U.S. standards, mineralization may not be classified as a "reserve” unless the determination has been made that the mineralization could be economically and legally produced or extracted at the time the reserve determination is made. The SEC's disclosure standards normally do not permit the inclusion of information concerning "measured mineral resources”, "indicated mineral resources” or "inferred mineral resources” or other descriptions of the amount of mineralization in mineral deposits that do not constitute "reserves” by U.S. standards in documents filed with the SEC. Investors are cautioned not to assume that any part or all of mineral deposits in these categories will ever be converted into reserves. U.S. investors should also understand that "inferred mineral resources” have a great amount of uncertainty as to their existence and great uncertainty as to their economic and legal feasibility. It cannot be assumed that all or any part of an "inferred mineral resource” will ever be upgraded to a higher category. Under Canadian rules, estimated "inferred mineral resources” may not form the basis of feasibility or pre-feasibility studies except in rare cases. Investors are cautioned not to assume that all or any part of an "inferred mineral resource” exists or is economically or legally mineable."
    LINKY

I don't know which of the above two options reflects worse on you, I suppose it depends on the viewpoint.

Master
    DYOR.
    I don’t know you or anything about you so don’t take this personally, but anyone should exercise extreme caution before listening to a random tip. I’ve heard what you’ve said hundreds, no thousands of times on share forums for a couple of decades. Nearly all tips have self interest attached to them. Everyone also always puts the ‘DYOR’ caveat in which is also makes the poster seem one of the good guys.

Maybe it turns out to be a good tip, but I’d hate anyone on here to buy in to the unknown and lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Sh*t but less sh*t than Q2 and a big Q on Q growth
    Well, 3Q2019 grew 2.1% beyond 3Q2018, and higher than 2Q2019. So, 3Q2020 will be up against a larger mountain LY. Question is: Will U.S. seasonally-adjusted GDP be worse in Jul-Sep than it was in Apr-Jun?

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Well, 3Q2019 grew 2.1% beyond 3Q2018, and higher than 2Q2019. So, 3Q2020 will be up against a larger mountain LY. Question is: Will U.S. seasonally-adjusted GDP be worse in Jul-Sep than it was in Apr-Jun?

I meant Q3 2020 will be much better than Q2 2020 but will be much lower than Q3 2019. We won't get back to 2019 levels for at least 3 years I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    Close on 120,000 seemingly.

I wonder if they will like the news that Christmas came early at KODK this year.

https://twitter.com/JCOviedo6/status...208902658?s=19
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I wonder if they will like the news that Christmas came early at KODK this year.

https://twitter.com/JCOviedo6/status...208902658?s=19
    Some people are making serious money off the back off some of the Covid government actions.

I meant Q3 2020 will be much better than Q2 2020 but will be much lower than Q3 2019. We won't get back to 2019 levels for at least 3 years I'd imagine
    "Much better" meaning only down 10-15% to LY instead of down 32.9%?

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    "Much better" meaning only down 10-15% to LY instead of down 32.9%?
    It'll all be fine in the end. Just put all your trust into your president.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    SGLN is up 12% in the last 6 weeks.

How much further do we think gold might go?
    Just dipped my toe in and bought £3k worth of iShares Physical Gold SGLN. If it goes up 5% I've double my investment. If it sinks 10% I'll quit.

Gold has appreciated massively against the dollar, but not so much against the GBP, given the GBP recent strength against the dollar. It's only up 7% (only - wouldn't 7% return be nice when a bank pays 0.1%) in GBP terms since April.

If Brexit goes t!ts up then it will be a good investment as GBP will sink.

Hasn't GBP already sunk in the sense it's behaviour in the market is like the currency of an emerging, developing nation, sure I read that somewhere. Is there potential for a 'good' Brexit, I thought the general consensus was only less bad outcomes exist now, hence the pounds behaviour.

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Hasn't GBP already sunk in the sense it's behaviour in the market is like the currency of an emerging, developing nation, sure I read that somewhere. Is there potential for a 'good' Brexit, I thought the general consensus was only less bad outcomes exist now, hence the pounds behaviour.
    It’s 1.31 USD to 1 GBP today. It was 1.25 only two weeks ago and as low as 1.15 four months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    It’s 1.31 USD to 1 GBP today. It was 1.25 only two weeks ago and as low as 1.15 four months ago.
    Interesting isn't it. I just try and hold a distribution of sterling, dollars and euro and 'real' assets denominated therein, hopefully it all balances out.
    Last edited by Passenger; 31st July 2020 at 12:24.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Covid measures and stats worsening and a few deep red days ... gold charging ahead ... are we seeing the end of the bear rally?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Covid measures and stats worsening and a few deep red days ... gold charging ahead ... are we seeing the end of the bear rally?
    Nah we'll get some good news soon like WHS Smith report 10p profits the only way is up!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Master
    BT dipped below 100p this afternoon - grabbed £5k worth

OK - no final dividend this year, but they have paid 4p interim and 10p final in recent years so that could return in 2021 or 2022

IMHO not a bad keeper for future income

(I know BT has been a "dog" - but every dog has it's day)
    Last edited by BillN; 1st August 2020 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post

OK - no final dividend this year, but they have always paid 4p interim and 10p final so that could return in 2021 or 2022

Out of curiosity, what was the reason for them starting their descent at the beginning of the year (pre-covid)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

OK - no final dividend this year, but they have always paid 4p interim and 10p final so that could return in 2021 or 2022

Hasn’t BT got a massive hole in their pension fund they need to plug ?

Master
    Hasn’t BT got a massive hole in their pension fund they need to plug ?

apparently not as "massive" as it was

https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/BT-de...es-decline.php

Master
    Blog Entries
    apparently not as "massive" as it was

https://www.pensionsage.com/pa/BT-de...es-decline.php

That will help then ...

Master
    That will help then ...
    Directors have also been buying - (if that means much!!)

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-s...director-deals

Master
    https://www.investcentre.co.uk/artic...ng-silver-wave

May be worth a read for all interested in silver and it’s comparison to gold pricing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This thread has been a interesting read over the recent months with some interesting specific diversions on specific stocks.

I’m wondering what people’s views are in general on the current markets.

It feels like there isn’t really any new major news to come, we will be battling second waves for some time to come and we are slowly coming to terms with the new “living with Covid” reality and probably the only really major news ahead is the arrival, or not, of a vaccine.

So ... are markets now correctly priced or are people forecasting further change?

I’m starting to think that the current levels are likely to hold for some time and my bearish thoughts are probably now over cooked.

It’s clear we will be living with ‘zero’ interest rates for a long time and that central banks will ‘do what it takes’ so is it time to start re-investing ?

The fact the markets react daily to any noise at all shows how jittery they are and it's impossible to predict.

The game changer will be a vaccine, tested and working and in production .

Job losses probably factored in, as is a Brexit deal.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

My current strategy is based on a soft landing of US stocks, and low or no growth of UK and other markets. But as Murray Walker used to say "anything can happen and it usually does". Having made about 25% on my equities riding the Covid recovery I had cashed out of equities. I'm now drip feeding back in about 10% per month so that I'm not too badly hit by further drops but equally don't completely miss out on any rise off the back of a vaccine. I've also put a little bit into a Gold ETF for the first time, but will be keeping a close eye on it.

Put 25% of my SIPP into the Ishares Physical Silver ETC this am. Will be bumpy but I reckon that 25% will become 40% with growth over the next few months. Also have 15% of the SIPP in Ishares Physical Gold ETF.

Master
    Put 25% of my SIPP into the Ishares Physical Silver ETC this am. Will be bumpy but I reckon that 25% will become 40% with growth over the next few months. Also have 15% of the SIPP in Ishares Physical Gold ETF.
    Might be worth a read:

https://www.investcentre.co.uk/artic...ng-silver-wave

Gold is a funny one. I went to a Merrill Lynch meeting years ago with the fund manager for their Gold and General fund (now BR). They highlighted the history of it, how it’s been the currency of choice for thousands of years, how the original banks started off on the back of it, how Gordon sold off a load of ours and how gold is the safest haven of all for investing in . . . . Slightly ironic really as on a scale of 1 to 10 for investment risk, it’s a 10. Single asset class. Had many years where it went nowhere.

For 25% to become 40% over the next months, silver will have to go from $26 to $38 - if you assume zero return on the rest of the portfolio. Since you have invested some of your portfolio (I lost track which fund or pharma was the latest), I assume you are expecting silver to double or your statement wouldn't make sense.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    My current strategy is based on a soft landing of US stocks, and low or no growth of UK and other markets. But as Murray Walker used to say "anything can happen and it usually does". Having made about 25% on my equities riding the Covid recovery I had cashed out of equities. I'm now drip feeding back in about 10% per month so that I'm not too badly hit by further drops but equally don't completely miss out on any rise off the back of a vaccine. I've also put a little bit into a Gold ETF for the first time, but will be keeping a close eye on it.
    What is a soft landing of US stocks?

I assume you mean the US economy? That's a funny thing to say, a soft landing usually refers to a scenario where a recession is narrowly avoided. Doesn't really fit into an environment where we are in the deepest recession since mankind started to track economic numbers.
    Last edited by Raffe; 4th August 2020 at 12:44.

Master
    Extraordinarily high risk play. Best of luck

What is a soft landing of US stocks?

I assume you mean the US economy? That's a funny thing to say, a soft landing usually refers to a scenario where a recession is narrowly avoided. Doesn't really fit into an environment where we are in the deepest recession since mankind started to track economic numbers.
    I think the Nasdaq will gradually decline over a period of months rather than a sharp fall - my definition of a soft landing for US stocks. It wasn't a comment on the US economy avoiding recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Extraordinarily high risk play. Best of luck
    I'm 43 so plenty of time to rectify if need be. AZN was down a couple of points earlier so put some more into that.

For 25% to become 40% over the next months, silver will have to go from $26 to $38 - if you assume zero return on the rest of the portfolio. Since you have invested some of your portfolio (I lost track which fund or pharma was the latest), I assume you are expecting silver to double or your statement wouldn't make sense.

Good luck.
    AZN is only pharma. I had some pharma funds but cashed out my original investment and left the profit part in play. Still 35% cash overall. The money I pay in monthly goes mostly o n Vanguard LS100 and Baillie Gifford American

Master
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't really fit into an environment where we are in the deepest recession since mankind started to track economic numbers.
    So what is your forecast for markets?

Seems the markets are not as coupled with the economy as you might hope, with so few decent homes for capital seems equities can defy the economic outlook.

Master
    I bought some Platinum via an ETC recently (not a huge amount). Gold was sky high (higher than now) and unusually, Platinum remains considerably cheaper - though with good reason, given that it’s used in the automotive industry. In the long term it might come good though, or something interesting might happen to it in the shorter term if there’s a meltdown. Probably I just liked the idea of owning some and needless to say it’s already cost me money. I felt reasonably confident I’d be ok if I picked my moment though. Raffe, feel free to tell me why it’s a mistake!

Master
    So what is your forecast for markets?

Seems the markets are not as coupled with the economy as you might hope, with so few decent homes for capital seems equities can defy the economic outlook.
    Doesn’t seem much point in forecasting the markets - I decided a couple of months back that logic and common sense have gone out of the window. From the lows of the market, some shares seemed to climb and climb all based on not a lot. I personally came out and saved a lot of money, though I missed a lot by not going back in enough. I contacted the clients I dealt with, reviewed their risk - a few de risked, most wanted to stay put and the odd one, invested more. I still think we’re in for really tough times, everyday job losses announced, but the markets aren’t really saying that, so who knows.

My wife mentioned earlier about how devastating another lockdown would be in November and December - retailers do most of their annual business then. Also the pubs and restaurants. Could be awful.

Let’s just hope that the housing market interest continues and they can keep any lockdowns to a minimum. We’ve become very buy again and a lot of companies I know are the same.

The disconnect between the economy and the markets cannot go on forever. Ultimately, companies have to make money to justify their valuation. The time will come when we see emperors without clothes (cf Buffet, W.).

Silver went nuts in late UK trading. Shame I was in a meeting else I'd have traded out with a 5% profit on a day's investment

Silver went nuts in late UK trading. Shame I was in a meeting else I'd have traded out with a 5% profit on a day's investment
    You couldn't make it up. Ready to sell for 5% profit, but sitting out any loss. Sure recipe for disaster.

You couldn't make it up. Ready to sell for 5% profit, but sitting out any loss. Sure recipe for disaster.
    Only because it would dip tomorrow so I'd buy more and rinse and repeat. I view Silver not as a long term hold just something to scalp along the way. Other assets I would hold for a long time

Only because it would dip tomorrow so I'd buy more and rinse and repeat. I view Silver not as a long term hold just something to scalp along the way. Other assets I would hold for a long time
    Recipe for disaster.

Recipe for disaster.
    +1 - I spit my coffee out in disbelief while reading that statement. All the best Ryan....

The more I read this thread the more I'm happy with my work employees share scheme. It's the only guarantee in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I'm happy with my work employees share scheme. It's the only guarantee in the market.
    I always used to think the same... a few years ago mine were worth £4 a share, bought as buy 2 get 1 free, taken at source pre tax, no brainier and can’t lose surely.... they have currently recently recovered to a whopping 49p after dropping to around 30p!!

Craftsman

OK - no final dividend this year, but they have paid 4p interim and 10p final in recent years so that could return in 2021 or 2022

BT staff don't even want to hold on their free shares.

Brave on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The disconnect between the economy and the markets cannot go on forever. Ultimately, companies have to make money to justify their valuation. The time will come when we see emperors without clothes (cf Buffet, W.).
    Do companies have to make money or do they just have to convince people of future riches?

Seems to me that investors a desperate for a return and p/e’s of 50 or maybe 100 will become the new norms