closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 8873

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Master
    TW are falling this morning

maybe a stock to look at and research

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Ask yourself do you see gold doubling from here to ~$4000/oz any time soon? If your answer is no then I am not sure why you would be so sure that silver will do so. Yes the Gold/silver ratio is at an all time high but there are reasons for that, silver is just not as useful or desirable as it once was. I have a bit put by so would love it to spike but I can’t see it breaking upwards quite so dramatically as suggested above any time soon, unless fashions change or a new industrial process requires it on a vast scale as happened with Palladium and Rhodium. It might happen or it might not. The VAT situation doesn’t exactly help here either.
    I don't see gold going $4K soon - but I can see it going to $2-3K range, silver on the other hand is gold on steriods and has the power to double within quite short time frames. If gold makes a 1.5X move then often silver does a 2.5X + jump. Silver is a tiny market if investors start to show interest (already started in my book) it can drive the price very quickly. I'm bullish med term on both metals but silver is a bigger gamble with more potential - upside & down!

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    TW are falling this morning

maybe a stock to look at and research
    Think it’s always been one to look at since the initial crash due to their financials. Dipped today off the back of 40m loss from what I read online but it’s been one that slowly worked back up since falling.
    Be interesting to see how the housing market does as in the short-term at least, the markets round my way that I’ve property in are still going strong. Seems the pent up sales have been met with pent up demand. Time will tell once job losses kick in more whether the demand will stay across the board, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the stamp duty freeze

Personally I think it's clearing through some pent up demand and the true picture will be seen next year , and I suspect it will won't be great

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I don't see gold going $4K soon - but I can see it going to $2-3K range, silver on the other hand is gold on steriods and has the power to double within quite short time frames. If gold makes a 1.5X move then often silver does a 2.5X + jump. Silver is a tiny market if investors start to show interest (already started in my book) it can drive the price very quickly. I'm bullish med term on both metals but silver is a bigger gamble with more potential - upside & down!
    I take your point about the market size but in the recent past the silver price moves have mirrored the gold price pretty strongly, or if anything lagged slightly. For the reasons I mention above, I see silver as gold with headwinds!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Plus the stamp duty freeze

Personally I think it's clearing through some pent up demand and the true picture will be seen next year , and I suspect it will won't be great

I expect the same. Decent run til the end of the year possibly and also a bit of ‘feel good’ factor as people want to make some changes to their life. But then things will catch up as redundancies and other factors come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1stof View Post
    I expect the same. Decent run til the end of the year possibly and also a bit of ‘feel good’ factor as people want to make some changes to their life. But then things will catch up as redundancies and other factors come into play.

I'd totally agree with this. I was looking to sell my property and move about 2 years ago but the whole ongoing Brexit saga was surpressing things...in fact ever since the 2016 referendum the uncertainty has flattened the market. Things were looking better following the December election with some clear direction...then coronavirus hit. I guess there are a few like me that just can't hold off any more and must move.

I suspect we will see a good number of transactions until the end of the year to release the pent up demand before the economy catches up with the market.

Other than wishful thinking, any other reasons why silver should double?

Master
    Think it’s always been one to look at since the initial crash due to their financials. Dipped today off the back of 40m loss from what I read online but it’s been one that slowly worked back up since falling.
    Be interesting to see how the housing market does as in the short-term at least, the markets round my way that I’ve property in are still going strong. Seems the pent up sales have been met with pent up demand. Time will tell once job losses kick in more whether the demand will stay across the board, however.

I bought £5k worth this morning, I think that they are worth a "punt" for recovery in 1 or 2 years time...... and as a "keeper"

They have been buying development Land

Crazy, totally crazy, bat-shit crazy, Kodak.

Monday: low $2.13, high $2.65
    Tuesday: low $6.00, high $11.80
    Wednesday: low $17.50, high $59.98

The news? it won a $765 million government loan to help produce chemical ingredients used in key generic medicines to fight the coronavirus. The company has long had a small chemicals/pharma division which produced these types of chemicals and with the help of the new loan, they are now investing into this business area. The mere fact that they were granted a $765 million loan has now moved their market cap from $100 million on Monday to almost $2 billion on Wednesday. Nice.

Last edited by Raffe; 29th July 2020 at 17:21.

Master
    ^What a total farce

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    ^What a total farce
    Not possible to borrow any stock, unfortunately.

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Thinking of buying a bit of gold as an ETC, and as per the link.

EDIT - seems like the copy and paste of the link is blocked. But, it is iShares Physical Gold ETC. It is traded in GBP but domiciled in Ireland

https://www.youinvest.co.uk/market-research/LSE%3ASGLN

I’ve already used my ISA allowance this year, so will buy this outside an ISA wrapper.

Just want to make sure it is subject to normal CGT rules rather than any surprise taxation. The the fund is domiciled in Ireland according to the info.

Anyone can confirm it is taxed like a normal investment?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 29th July 2020 at 22:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Thinking of buying a bit of gold as an ETC, and as per the link.

EDIT - seems like the copy and paste of the link is blocked. But, it is iShares Physical Gold ETC. It is traded in GBP but domiciled in Ireland

https://www.youinvest.co.uk/market-research/LSE%3ASGLN

I’ve already used my ISA allowance this year, so will buy this outside an ISA wrapper.

Just want to make sure it is subject to normal CGT rules rather than any surprise taxation. The the fund is domiciled in Ireland according to the info.

Anyone can confirm it is taxed like a normal investment?
    Yes- normal rate of CGT

SGLN is up 12% in the last 6 weeks.

How much further do we think gold might go?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Not possible to borrow any stock, unfortunately.
    Bah such a wuss you should be buying, not wanting to short it .

We're seeing bitcoin increasing, along with gold while the stock market seems more flat. Are we seeing people in the States using their corona-cheques to 'diversify' away from the stock market?

Master

You don't put in place an SDLT freeze at an estimated cost of £4bn if the market does not have structural problems. The only way prices hold up post freeze is if the whole economic position is looking better by the time the freeze ends, as you rightly say, that does not look the most likely of the possible outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bah such a wuss you should be buying, not wanting to short it .

We're seeing bitcoin increasing, along with gold while the stock market seems more flat. Are we seeing people in the States using their corona-cheques to 'diversify' away from the stock market?
    Considering it was trading at > $45 when I tried to short it and closed at $33, I'd rather be short now.

But who knows where it will open later today?

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/07/29/th...re-recrashing/

- - - Updated - - -

https://wolfstreet.com/2020/07/29/thezoohasgonenuts-kodak-after-crypto-scheme-in-2018-caused-its-stock-to-surge-300-before-recrashing-gets-trump-pump-worth-2190-before-recrashing/

Master
    another "red" day

Yes, and the news was apparently known for a full week to insiders before the announcement on Tuesday. Funnily, Kodak stock soared 25% on Monday on no (official) news:

The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday attributed Kodak’s 25 percent gain on Monday on heavy volume to websites of the ABC and CBS affiliates in Rochester reporting on news of the government loan ahead of embargo. Both stories were removed after Kodak balked, but it had already been collected by internet data scrappers like Meltwater, a global media intelligence company.
    NYPost

I hate to share a NY Post article, but it quotes a WSJ article which I cannot share as I don't have access. Anyone?

Considering it was trading at > $45 when I tried to short it and closed at $33, I'd rather be short now.

But who knows where it will open later today?

KODK trading $38.75 pre-market, by the way.

KODK trading $38.75 pre-market, by the way.
    The pumpers did well to get it up to >$45. $38 is still strong money.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    The pumpers did well to get it up to >$45. $38 is still strong money.
    $45 now.

One of the biggest problems in today's financial markets is the complete lack of brains inside most of the actors. Just saying.

Thoughts on Lloyds? Tanked 9% today so could be cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thoughts on Lloyds? Tanked 9% today so could be cheap?
    I went in at 36p.
    Gotta be worth it now. Seems market jitters on their economy forecast

One of the biggest problems in today's financial markets is the complete lack of brains inside most of the actors. Just saying.
    Close on 120,000 seemingly.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    I went in at 36p.
    Gotta be worth it now. Seems market jitters on their economy forecast
    Market jitters on their economy forecast?

They only said that the pandemic could force them to write off £5.5bn of loans this year alone. They already lost £600 mio in the first half of 2020, compared to a profit of £2.9 for H1/2019.

The future is bright!

At this rate I'm going to start transferring organs in my fund

With the way things are sliding across the board I can’t help but believe that this is the beginnings of what is really going to happen on the markets.
    After the excitement of ‘propping up promises’ have shown to be void and that things aren’t just going to bounce back to how they were, with figures beginning to show what’s really happening.

Just my thoughts but I’m beginning to cash out (and also wish I’d done so a week or two ago).

Well all pension funds are long term blah blah etc etc

Worst thing that's ever happened to fund managers is people like me getting a log in and checking fund values every day

Well all pension funds are long term blah blah etc etc

Worst thing that's ever happened to fund managers is people like me getting a log in and checking fund values every day

I’m with you there. Even for my casual investing, the addition of not only being able to app check it...but having a bloody widget show an up-to-date return does not help keep it emotion-free; which let’s be honest it has to be if you want to do well.

Yeah I blame him for every stock drop, want him linked to Operation Wheeting and his family disgraced and ruined

Perhaps I should log out

Blog Entries
    Anyone else feel like we are standing on the edge of the cliff, finally? Brutal day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Anyone else feel like we are standing on the edge of the cliff, finally? Brutal day out there.
    Just gained a percent back in last 30 mins

Master
    Christ knows

Yeah I blame him for every stock drop, want him linked to Operation Wheeting and his family disgraced and ruined

Perhaps I should log out

Perhaps I should log out

I think I’m going to shift out my investing account money back to my bank ready for property stuff, leave the ISA money in and work on a decent list to diversify into...then delete the app and only log on once a week say, or less. Fire and forget, to an extent and maybe some sell orders in place long-term if it’s possible. Ironically the ISA account has done the best for me anyway.

It’s becoming a downer on the day when it drops, I can’t even imagine how frustrating it is for you constantly looking mate. Definitely not the way to go unless you’re trading daily.

I know, bought a new camera last week, should have been a 1970s Kodak at this rate not an A7

U.S. 2Q GDP imploded -32.9%. Glad I sold everything Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    They expected -34% , everything is fine!

Week Friday non farm payrolls will be interesting

Banned
    Blog Entries
    -1% point on the Dow, just over. Not sure they are that bothered.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Seems to me the only thing that matters is the actions of the Fed and other Central banks.

Master
    Yeah, it's good news. Buy.

Yeah but isn't that obvious and not an surprise? Pandemic innit. What matters is what's happening now. Oh wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Yeah but isn't that obvious and not an surprise? Pandemic innit. What matters is what's happening now. Oh wait.....
    We're 1/3 through 3Q2020...how does it look compared to 3Q2019?

Master
    Investing in gold is more rewarding picking a certain stock.

I have followed this outfit headed by one of the best in the field with proven track record.

https://firstmininggold.com/

This is one of the best potential “multi baggers” I have seen throughout my career and as it stands in the world currently.

You’re all most welcome.

We're 1/3 through 3Q2020...how does it look compared to 3Q2019?
    Sh*t but less sh*t than Q2 and a big Q on Q growth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post

I have followed this outfit headed by one of the best in the field with proven track record.

This is one of the best potential “multi baggers” I have seen throughout my career and as it stands in the world currently.

You’re all most welcome.
    Got any more info to back up that claim? Genuinely interested, otherwise it comes across as a bit pumpy and dumpy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post

You’re all most welcome.
    What career you in?