closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 178 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 8873

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    [picture of douche bag]

I think this one fits far better:

I prefer the pictures where he's bald, before the hair transplant.

Tesla don't just make cars, but I wasn't sure from reading their Report and Accounts how much of their revenue comes from cars vs batteries and solar.

Craftsman
    The question with Tesla is who is paying £80k for a Model S, more than that for a Model X...I get the Model 3 introduces it to a broader audience but ultimately they are too expensive and the price will come under massive pressure.

Who is purchasing a Tesla S over a Porsche Taycan?

I suspect we are 12 months away from mainstream catching up, at which point the dealership network and support services will differentiate Tesla and not in a good way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    Who is purchasing a Tesla S over a Porsche Taycan?
    Not Bill Gates. Elon didn't take it well.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1229568241552502784

Does anyone have any views on Invesco High Income finds. My adviser, belatedly perhaps is advising to dump and shift to another fund. They’ve not done well at all but is moving from them a ‘safer’ haven a good idea to prevent monies going lower or could they recover with new manager?
    Thanks

Master
    Tesla - looks like "they" are still buying - up 5% already on yesterday's close

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Tesla - looks like "they" are still buying - up 5% already on yesterday's close
    Yeah, you know analyst man said it was worth USD 2,322 - can I have the money now?

2007:

Master

The article from which this chart has been taken from is discussing/inferring a fall to say US$ 40

with so many commentators talking the stock down, you just wonder what the real reason is for a price of US$ 1,500

When i see parabolic moves on charts they only end one way.

Automatic orders sold both my Tesla holding funds today. I'm left in profit, but they had dropped more than the Tesla price in % terms indicating a wider malaise in the sector?

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Automatic orders sold both my Tesla holding funds today. I'm left in profit, but they had dropped more than the Tesla price in % terms indicating a wider malaise in the sector?
    Tesla holding funds? What is that?

And what is an automatic order?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Tesla holding funds? What is that?

And what is an automatic order?
    Funds such as SMT which hold Tesla reaching a predetermined lower limit at which to automatically sell. Using the Interactive Investor platform to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Funds such as SMT which hold Tesla reaching a predetermined lower limit at which to automatically sell. Using the Interactive Investor platform to do this.
    Do you know if such funds have executed leaving the stock then? When I looked earlier SMT held 10% approx in them

It's just a stop loss order I had set based on a fund price (where I would still be making profit based on when I bought them). So it's not directly related to Tesla price. But the fact it had happened with these 2 funds indicated the drop was more than just Tesla.

At the point the automatic order executed, Tesla was down 3%ish but the SMT fund was down approx 6%ish.

Other holdings of SMT: https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-s...nary-shares-5p
    Last edited by Caruso; 15th July 2020 at 01:27.

Vaccine optimism driving a push, nice

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Vaccine optimism driving a push, nice

Haven't we been here before, many times? Seems like a good opportunity to take some gains and buy back in on the inevitable dip.

Finally my AZN punt based on research I'd done as to the efficacy of their vaccine is paying off. I think it will go up a further 6% minimum today as a report is supposedly coming out to say their vaccine (actually Oxford Biomedical but they are arranging the production) is successful. I'll trade out at that point.

Disclaimer - I have no clue what I'm doing so don't use my advice to form investments as you will probably lose money. I make money but I trade in and out like a lunatic but YMMV
    Last edited by ryanb741; 16th July 2020 at 06:43.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Finally my AZN punt based on research I'd done as to the efficacy of their vaccine is paying off. I think it will go up a further 6% minimum today as a report is supposedly coming out to say their vaccine (actually Oxford Biomedical but they are arranging the production) is successful. I'll trade out at that point.

Disclaimer - I have no clue what I'm doing so don't use my advice to form investments as you will probably lose money. I make money but I trade in and out like a lunatic but YMMV
    This is aging well lol

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is aging well lol
    At least the disclaimer was accurate!

Master
    This is aging well lol
    It's creeping back

I have been following this thread with interest despite having no investments myself. I thought I would share this article as it may be of interest.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cn...ids-2020-07-15

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    I have been following this thread with interest despite having no investments myself. I thought I would share this article as it may be of interest.

He's basically predicting bad news when the furlough scheme starts to be withdrawn in its current guise

Blog Entries

Love the comments section.

Lol 'July 20th is my date cheers '

He's basically predicting bad news when the furlough scheme starts to be withdrawn in its current guise

He’s right. I know loads of people in my industry alone (furniture) who have been laid off, myself included, sadly.

What I find morally wrong is that my company/employer told me Last week that they were terminating my contract of employment and would pay me up till the end of October using the government furlough scheme money.

I did point out in my response that that money is from what’s called “The Job RETENTION Scheme” and not the “sack people for free” scheme.

Not cool. It’s happening a lot more than anyone knows. Today’s new jobless figures showing a rise of over 600,000 is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not saying he's wrong, in saying he's saying the same as everyone else except putting a day on it seems silly

Master
    Can anyone suggest a safe haven that's accessible within an ISA, if there is such a thing? It would be convenient to shield some ISAs from what feels like the inevitable, without withdrawing everything.

I see that precious metal ETFs have reached their highest level in seven years, though are some way from their peak in 2011. I don't pretend to know what to read in to this.

Drugs cartels?

Master
    Drugs cartels?
    I would expect increased consumption in the short term but in the longer term there could be significant headwinds due to lower consumer confidence.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I just put 50 quid in the TZ fundraiser.
    Cheers P.

Cramer LOL . To be fair he does sometimes talk sense.

Re the reason I was optimistic my AZN stock would.pump yesterday was because of a Lancet article that was apparently going to praise the efficacy of the ChAdOx vaccine. Apparently this article is getting published on monday and not yesterday as I believed.

Of course the article could say the vaccine is a load of pap but this is unlikely. Once again I have no idea if the vaccine is priced into AZN or not but thought it might be interesting.

Quite a few vaccines being developed so maybe the pump won't be nearly as high as you think in a number of drug companies.
    Last edited by miguelh34; 17th July 2020 at 08:15.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelh34 View Post
    Quite a few vaccines being developed so maybe the pump won't be nearly as high as you think in a number of drug companies.
    Agreed and is in line with what Raffe said a month back. My reasoning was that with the US on its knees and the probability that CHaDoX would be first to market that it would cause a stock pump. I am frequently wrong however so anyone that takes my thoughts and buys stock as a result needs their head testing:)

US breaking records every day, seem they are actively in herd immunity programme now,

Cramer LOL . To be fair he does sometimes talk sense.
    Really? When was the last time anything he said made any remote sense?

I will never forget this one, remember him actually touting this on CNBC at the time. If there was ever a stock list for the ages...

Craftsman
    I have a small amount of Pharma stock including AZN, however even if the vaccine research is positive I don’t see a big jump. They have stated it will be sold at near to cost, and I think the jump the other day may have taken account of this.

I do think positive news on a vaccine may boost airline/travel significantly though and as I type I see IAG is down 4%. Not sure if I’m brave enough to take a punt

Really? When was the last time anything he said made any remote sense?

I will never forget this one, remember him actually touting this on CNBC at the time. If there was ever a stock list for the ages...
    I said sometimes not many times!! He is a shill.

I said sometimes not many times!! He is a shill.
    ...and I asked when was the last time?

I challenge you to give me an example where he spoke anything only remotely resembling sense.

...and I asked when was the last time?

I challenge you to give me an example where he spoke anything only remotely resembling sense.
    It would take me along time I admit it. Maybe when he did I was drunk!

Big changes within GVC at the moment. King kenny is going. So there may be a North American take over. At just over £8 a share at the mo it could be a decent short.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jim Cramer when he had hair. Is it just me or does he look a bit like Kevin Keegan in the last photograph?

PS Whilst you're there you might like to check out this piece as well, which also pertains to recent discussion in this thread.

SIPP finally back to pre covids

Only question now how far down or how far up

I'm the OP who sold everything February 25 and avoided the pending train wreck. But, I'm also the guy who sold Amazon on February 25 at $2,025 (aren't I smart!), which today is 46% higher at $2,962. D'oh! You win some you lose some, I guess.

I've slowing been investing small amounts in various stocks and funds on whims that I've had, but more than half my portfolio is still in cash. As an American investor, I'm getting VERY concerned about the rapidly rising COVID cases here, and the ambivalent attitude of a large portion of the citizenry toward taking aggressive action. Trump has basically abdicated any real leadership role in the pandemic, and has taken the CDC and Dr. Fauci out of their leadership roles. So, we're now a captainless ship heading further into a storm for the ages.

Despite the "strong" recent financial markets, I've decided to bail out on Monday morning...again!

(But what the hell do I know, so you're on your own! )

Master
    SIPP finally back to pre covids

Only question now how far down or how far up

I'm betting down

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I'm the OP who sold everything February 25 and avoided the pending train wreck. But, I'm also the guy who sold Amazon on February 25 at $2,025 (aren't I smart!), which today is 46% higher at $2,962. D'oh! You win some you lose some, I guess.

I've slowing been investing small amounts in various stocks and funds on whims that I've had, but more than half my portfolio is still in cash. As an American investor, I'm getting VERY concerned about the rapidly rising COVID cases here, and the ambivalent attitude of a large portion of the citizenry toward taking aggressive action. Trump has basically abdicated any real leadership role in the pandemic, and has taken the CDC and Dr. Fauci out of their leadership roles. So, we're now a captainless ship heading further into a storm for the ages.

Despite the "strong" recent financial markets, I've decided to bail out on Monday morning...again!

I think you did right (all the way). I have stubbornly sold again the Dow on Friday, up (well, down) 150 points since. We'll see how next week plays out.

And don't get me started about the Tesla implied volatility collapse on Friday, that was expensive (despite absolutely zero move in the underlying stock for a change).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post

Trump seems to now be going with the herd immunity tactic ...

New cases in the USA is ramping up big time but deaths are not, until the deaths figures increase people will just dismiss the new cases as a testing increase issue.

Still some way to go to return to some global normality.

But that said I’m starting to come round to the mantra that the market is not the economy. Although a disconnect as large as the current gaps seems unsustainable. But where else do you put your capital?