closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 114 of 178 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,700 of 8872

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Sorry to hear that Raffe. That sucks.

Would it really be Elon himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    BUY NOW. Don't ask. Buy (not Tesla).
    Bought some PRTA, INO, TIGR, KOPN and BBIO yesterday at lower levels.

Looking to buy more if we see a dip, maybe also more NQ (Nasdaq) futures (currently long half position @ 13,082).

Staying away from new SPAC positions at the moment, the CCIV debacle may have damaged retail investor trust a bit. Watching the market.

Tesla trading $725 in Germany, I am pretty confident we haven't seen the lows yet but may try higher before another attempt at downside. What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    Sorry to hear that Raffe. That sucks.

Would it really be Elon himself?
    There are plenty of people in the bubble around him who have a strong interest. Elon himself would be in breach of disclosure rules if he did it, but no shortage of people whom he has made very rich and who are willing to do his bidding. There is so much manipulation going on (remember the Softbank Nasdaq manipulation from last year?), but Congress thinks Roaring Kitty is the problem.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There are plenty of people in the bubble around him who have a strong interest. Elon himself would be in breach of disclosure rules if he did it, but no shortage of people whom he has made very rich and who are willing to do his bidding. There is so much manipulation going on (remember the Softbank Nasdaq manipulation from last year?), but Congress thinks Roaring Kitty is the problem.
    Tough break. I’m pretty sure about 50 pages ago you said you were through with taking positions on TSLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Tough break. I’m pretty sure about 50 pages ago you said you were through with taking positions on TSLA.
    LOLZ, yes I said that. But this time it's different (I know) ....

DMYI popping today, based on the fact that the team behind it has filed paperwork for the next SPAC which triggers expectations of imminent deal announcement for this one.

DMYI announced deal yesterday, I hadn't even noticed but my order at $16 got executed this morning. Thanks and bye.

For the likes of us investing simpletons how did the Tesla investment go wrong for you?... and sorry to hear that.

I take it you bet against it rising which was how it was heading until the big stock take up which threw it the other way, am I correct in saying that?
    I ask as all I do is just buy stock/shares and hope it goes up, I have not delved into other practices although I find the likes of spread betting/forex and other investments interesting but don't know enough to risk any money..

Master
    By the amount of speculative day trading bets this thread has become, we should change the title to, "when stocks rebound, where best to TRADE".

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    For the likes of us investing simpletons how did the Tesla investment go wrong for you?... and sorry to hear that.

I take it you bet against it rising which was how it was heading until the big stock take up which threw it the other way, am I correct in saying that?
    I ask as all I do is just buy stock/shares and hope it goes up, I have not delved into other practices although I find the likes of spread betting/forex and other investments interesting but don't know enough to risk any money..
    It's not that it went wrong.

I was up $75k on my put option shortly after market opening and closed at $20K profit 20 minutes later. Stock shot up like a rocket within a few minutes of the huge option order going through.

I understand that is till a good result for a day like yesterday but very frustrating to have gotten it perfectly right and then somebody with deep pockets and the means can destroy your position in a matter of minutes.

I was up $75k on my put option shortly after market opening and closed at $20K profit 20 minutes later. Stock shot up like a rocket within a few minutes of the huge option order going through.

I understand that is till a good result for a day like yesterday but very frustrating to have gotten it perfectly right and then somebody with deep pockets and the means can destroy your position in a matter of minutes.
    Thanks Raffe..

Well, $20k up isn't a bad day is it, convert that into £ and you could treat yourself to that lovely 1665 on SC, go on be a Yuppie!

TIGR being sold this morning on news that Hong Kong over night announced an increase in stamp tax - from 0.1% to 0.13%. Shares of HK stock exchange down 8.8%.

Just when you thought it was a great buy after the recent day's sell-off. Will have to think about this one.

A salutary lesson for those of us neophytes watching and trying to learn a bit more about how the games' played.

This thread really shows how true wealth is generated, you almost made more money in a day than most people earn in a year.

TIGR being sold this morning on news that Hong Kong over night announced an increase in stamp tax - from 0.1% to 0.13%. Shares of HK stock exchange down 8.8%.

Just when you thought it was a great buy after the recent day's sell-off. Will have to think about this one.
    Be interesting to see what you think on this. I looked at these a little while ago at $23.90 and wondered about them

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    This thread really shows how true wealth is generated, you almost made more money in a day than most people earn in a year.
    Unfortunately those opportunities don't come up every other day, which makes it even more disappointing that somebody smashed it.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Be interesting to see what you think on this. I looked at these a little while ago at $23.90 and wondered about them
    Think I am just going to ride it out. Unfortunate that I increased my position a bit higher yesterday just before the close but strategically I am happy with owning TIGR, target still >$50.

Ahem. ARK getting killed today.

Everybody knows what they own, retail investors are selling their funds, making ARK a forced seller in the names which everybody knows they will sell. Big accounts and hedge funds are frontrunning them, heavily selling their core holdings. In a way poetic justice, as the same happened on the way up when all sorts of accounts were buying their holdings.

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/stat...45932681846784
    ARK bought $124 million worth of Tesla yesterday. They also had redemptions of $456 million (never ever happened before, previous record was $140 mio). They sold Apple, Salesforce and Amazon to finance the $600 mio hole.

Great strategy, they are really setting themselves up as an easy target.

Edwin Dorsey has followed up from his initial articles on the subject.

Edit: here some more analysis by Brad Munchen. Truly scary stuff.
    Last edited by Raffe; 24th February 2021 at 14:43. Reason: added another link

Think I am just going to ride it out. Unfortunate that I increased my position a bit higher yesterday just before the close but strategically I am happy with owning TIGR, target still >$50.
    That looks like a wise decision now. After having been down 15% right after the pre-market open, TIGR is up by 6% now. Happy trading!

Master
    That looks like a wise decision now. After having been down 15% right after the pre-market open, TIGR is up by 6% now. Happy trading!
    I only have a grand in TIGR since 2nd Feb but it's been a wild ride so far. Up 30+%, down again, back up....still up about 4% but holding long term.

Wish I'd put more into NSF as they're up 53% since I bought in on the 15th!! Only stuck in 200 quid as was all I had left of my play money.

Microstrategy under $700
    They just released info they spent another $1.03 bln to buy 19,452 bitcoins - that is an average of $52,950. BTC trading at $49,800 as I type this, making this purchase $61 mio under water.

Equity up by 7% (+ $460 mio market cap) on the news, yeah sure.

I found this video very helpful in explaining how Michael Saylor is planning to do things. It's not just about buying Bitcoin and hoping to track the price. He says he isn't too worried about what price he pays for them at this time.

It's a 5-10 year bet rather than the other BTC punts which are far more near term bets.

He sees BTC going stratospheric once the next halving comes and they become almost impossible to mine. At that point, supply dries up and there are none left in open circulation, so the price sky rockets and MSTR starts to lend theirs out. That's where the profits start to be huge.

It's an interesting video.

https://youtu.be/zbMYUMilWYQ

ETA - And no-one can slap him down to hard, as no one knows what's going to happen with BTC. Who would have predicted BTC at $57,000 back in 2019?

DMYI announced deal yesterday, I hadn't even noticed but my order at $16 got executed this morning. Thanks and bye.
    Congrats on that one. I'm waiting for CLA to pop.Hope they will merge soon and switch their ticker.

I found this video very helpful in explaining how Michael Saylor is planning to do things. It's not just about buying Bitcoin and hoping to track the price. He says he isn't too worried about what price he pays for them at this time.

It's a 5-10 year bet rather than the other BTC punts which are far more near term bets.

He sees BTC going stratospheric once the next halving comes and they become almost impossible to mine. At that point, supply dries up and there are none left in open circulation, so the price sky rockets and MSTR starts to lend theirs out. That's where the profits start to be huge.

It's an interesting video.

https://youtu.be/zbMYUMilWYQ

ETA - And no-one can slap him down to hard, as no one knows what's going to happen with BTC. Who would have predicted BTC at $57,000 back in 2019?
    Is that a joke?

About as coherent as the myPillow CEO's ramblings about the US election. Complete bonkers. Saw an article about Michael Saylor's CNBC interview and the guy is seriously nutz.

No-one can slap him too hard because we don't know what's happening? Well, I just spend all my money to buy a call option to buy the moon. No-one can slap me because you don't know what's going to happen. Hilarious.

Thanks for your thoughts

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Hi Raffe,

May I ask your opinion on Acacia (ACTG)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Hi Raffe,

May I ask your opinion on Acacia (ACTG)?
    I added to my position yesterday, was looking very good until market open today. Don't know what's going on, will research why it's weak when my daughter is in bed a little later.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
    Completely nuts, went 24.50 - 29.80 - 26.14 - 28.62 today. Each of these moves would have been at least a week, if not a month, under normal circumstances.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

...when my daughter is in bed a little later.
    How you can be so prolific on this thread (never mind the forum as a whole), have a young child, and work, is beyond my comprehension.

*I'm attributing your trading and market knowledge to being 'work'

More power to you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    How you can be so prolific on this thread (never mind the forum as a whole), have a young child, and work, is beyond my comprehension.

*I'm attributing your trading and market knowledge to being 'work'

More power to you sir!
    And that's before he goes hunting down closet dealers and dual ID offenders.

One day the truth will come out and we'll find out Raffe is three different people working 8 hour shifts with 24 hour coverage.

Re ACTG: cannot find any news, feels like it's just one account that is selling today. Also read the bullcase from Grego again, I am fine holding this. Might buy a little more if it dips further.

This kind of volatility is to be expected when investing in volatile small caps. No pain, no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Raffe is three different people working 8 hour shifts with 24 hour coverage.
    Haven't been entirely happy with the night shift recently, we will probably have to increase resource allocation. Currently we are three of us for the morning and evening shifts and only one for the night.

--> We are hiring, only qualification is to be fast and not back down.

PS: shorting some Nasdaq futures here 13,237.50
    Last edited by Raffe; 24th February 2021 at 20:34.

They just released info they spent another $1.03 bln to buy 19,452 bitcoins - that is an average of $52,950.
    The 'hot air' component was already starting to dissipate. Chart updated as of last night.

I read the first page (out of 119) from the MSTR Form 8-K filing [PDF link] (three times) and the press release (twice). In the end I've simply added a further $1.026 billion of debt as of 19/02/2021.

Re ACTG: cannot find any news, feels like it's just one account that is selling today. Also read the bullcase from Grego again, I am fine holding this. Might buy a little more if it dips further.

This kind of volatility is to be expected when investing in volatile small caps. No pain, no gain.
    Thank you! I was wondering. I only have a couple of shares in ACTG (150 iirc) and the sudden drop made me wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    The 'hot air' component was already starting to dissipate. Chart updated as of last night.

I read the first page (out of 119) from the MSTR Form 8-K filing [PDF link] (three times) and the press release (twice). In the end I've simply added a further $1.026 billion of debt as of 19/02/2021.
    Ahh, I must have misunderstood. The announcement from today relates to the financing from last week? I thought it was yet another round.

Either way, totally bonkers. If the financial markets are just a little bit like they used to be, they are going to take this train wreck of a company and their bat-shit crazy CEO down before long. But then, maybe one shouldn't rely on markets to do that - I could give you at least one other example of a bonkers company with a bat-shit crazy CEO who seem to be everybody's darling.

GAMESTOOOONK ! ! !

GAMESTOOOONK ! ! !

To THE MOON WITH ELON... 🤣

Has the squeeze squoze? 🥳😉

That is more bonkers than MSTR!

Still about 200$ to go before a lot of people get back into profit.

Master
    Has wsb started their Tesla short? Or did that plan fall on its arse?

That is more bonkers than MSTR!

Still about 200$ to go before a lot of people get back into profit.
    Reason being this tweet. Read the comments to understand why*.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Has wsb started their Tesla short? Or did that plan fall on its arse?
    That wasn't r/WSB - it was in another reddit subforum, one for intelligent people so it had no chance of ever taking off.

* Solution: nobody knows what this is supposed to mean. This is the best explanation I found so far. Or this? Definitely this!

I hope y'all bought plenty. I actually considered it for a minute or so when the stock was halted and opened at $88. Obviously, I didn't. Well, ....

* Helpful. Thanks.

Gamestonk just hit $200

Gamestonk just hit $200
    Dow Jones also hit a record high of just over 32k today(finished just under), I remember it being 22k in Dec 19 during a "healthy economy",US market rises have been phenomenal over the past 2 years considering all thats happened.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gamestonk just hit $200
    What the hell is happening with this? I thought the game was up and it would decay back to value?

Is there still short positions being shaken out?

Craftsman
    Apparent a coordinated pump of meme stocks by members of a discord server. All of the meme stocks have shot up yesterday and in post market

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Michael Saylor has quite a canny ability to pick winners. He understood domain name scarcity before many others, hoovered them up and made millions.

He was a massive Apple advocate for their shares before they went ballistic.

https://youtu.be/HLNZy3rjxSo

Some of the predictions he makes now seem bonkers, but stranger things have happened.

Market looks set for a strong move up - might be choppy short term with daytraders re-allocating money from recent winners to the r/WSB names (GMR, AMC etc), but surprised if we didn't have a go at S&P500 4,000 level.

Been loading up on cheap SP call options.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    Apparent a coordinated pump of meme stocks by members of a discord server. All of the meme stocks have shot up yesterday and in post market

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    My lad who is 14 and interested in investing wants to use £100 of his own money to invest on the back of tips from some geeky teens using a discord server.

Says he’s going to be making stacks (a stack = £1000 apparently!) I said surely it’s not legal under 18s trading, but he says thousands of kids are doing it, there are 16 year olds going out and buying houses with the profits!

Im almost tempted to let him do it as a life lesson..

Can you ask him to find out which discord server we all need to be looking at, please.

I'd say, let him! As long as he understands limits and that "once it's gone , that's it." A good lesson to learn early, and if he does well, you'll not need to buy him a house.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    My lad who is 14 and interested in investing wants to use £100 of his own money to invest on the back of tips from some geeky teens using a discord server.

Says he’s going to be making stacks (a stack = £1000 apparently!) I said surely it’s not legal under 18s trading, but he says thousands of kids are doing it, there are 16 year olds going out and buying houses with the profits!

Im almost tempted to let him do it as a life lesson..
    Why not indeed? Hopefully he won't find a way to place leveraged trades though...that could be a very expensive life lesson.

Let him do it. Take an amount from his future pocket money and put it into an account. Or agree on another way he can pay it back (20 times washing the car?). He needs to understand it doesn't come for free.

I would also agree on a periodic review of activity. Which bets did he place, why and how did he perform. What lessons learned from mistakes, etc.

I would be very interested to hear how he is doing and how the journey goes. May daughter is unfortunately too young, she is only six.