closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Victorinox - returns

Blog Entries

Victorinox - returns

I'm after some advice as I'm sure somebody else here has done this before....

I recently bought a new rucksack from Victorinox - it was delivered by DHL and apparently came direct from Germany. I'm not very happy with the bag and would like to return it - I've been through the Victorinox return process, which in turn directs me to the DHL returns page to complete the details. It says I have to complete a Customs Declaration (CN23) and attach it to the outside in a clear document wallet etc.

First time I'm sending something to the EU, my question is would I better off sticking an A4 document wallet to the package (it's certainly large enough) - so the whole CN23 is visible or should I fold it and pop it in a smaller wallet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    I'm after some advice as I'm sure somebody else here has done this before....

I recently bought a new rucksack from Victorinox - it was delivered by DHL and apparently came direct from Germany. I'm not very happy with the bag and would like to return it - I've been through the Victorinox return process, which in turn directs me to the DHL returns page to complete the details. It says I have to complete a Customs Declaration (CN23) and attach it to the outside in a clear document wallet etc.

First time I'm sending something to the EU, my question is would I better off sticking an A4 document wallet to the package (it's certainly large enough) - so the whole CN23 is visible or should I fold it and pop it in a smaller wallet?
    Can you just get one of the self adhesive CN23’s from the post office they are about 3” square

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Can you just get one of the self adhesive CN23’s from the post office they are about 3” square
    Didn't know that was an option.

I've gone through the Victorinox/DHL returns site and it's generated a (pre-filled) CN23 in A4 format for me to print out.

I know all above does seem rather petty in the scheme of things - but just annoyed that Victorinox and DHL don't seem to be totally aligned in their guidance, despite having a joined up returns process.
    Last edited by vagabond; Yesterday at 10:32.

Master
    I’d have guessed it needs a CN22 unless it over 2kg or €425

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    I’d have guessed it needs a CN22 unless it over 2kg or €425
    Doesn't say anything about a CN22 - FYI the package is only 1Kg.

To quote Guernsey Post:

• If the CN22/CN23 is too large to fit on your item, you can then fold it and attach it to the item, ensuring that as much information as possible is on the visible side of the item.

• Officially, CN23s are used for posting items with a value of £270 and above, whereas CN22s are used for goods valued at less than £270 (although you can use a CN23 for all items if you prefer).

Blog Entries
    Thank you - hopefully all sorted now.

Just need to trek down to the PO to get it in the post.