Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
The truth is that absolutely no one really knows the answer to that. This is not not a financial market crash in the true sense, it is a crash due to the uncertainty of globalisation. Can a retailer sell a product in a few months time when a bit of it is made in China, another bit in Mexico and another bit from Korea. No one knows how long it will take for normal business to resume and even if companies can survive in the meantime. The pandemic may last but a few months but the effects in the long term are still guessable.

To say that the market has clearly bottomed out is a bit blaise. It will undoubtably bounce up and will probably bounce back up with a vengeance once supply chains are re established but the timing is far from certain.
I don’t think anyone has said “the market has clearly bottomed out”, certainly not me in my post, but I guarantee that some stock prices saw their bottom price or damn close to it already - some not.

Likewise - Some companies, and markets have intrinsic value that were overly affected by panic selling - but they, the ones that have value in any market, will be fine in the mid to long term.

While I’m sure others on here have seen more market drops than me over the years, but I’ve seen my fair share and ran share dealing departments in the past - this is nothing new, only the cause.