closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 130 of 178 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,500 of 8866

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That would be in theory 25% more tax. 5% for each day of the week worked at home.

Guys mock all you like. Just wait and see. I don't like the concept either. But it seems like it is getting done.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    How would HMRC know how many days a week a person works from home? Are they going to expect all employers to track this - not exactly cutting red tape, is it?

Bite the bullet and put tax rates up - breaks a manifesto pledge but won’t be the first time and paying for the pandemic is as good a reason for doing so as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Just sold at $713.

50bln market cap increase for a 10k delivery beat ($500mln revenue)? There is no vocabulary for this madness.
    Missed my take profit at $682 by $2.50 - then it went back to $705.

Just covered at $693.
    Shorted some SP500 futures at 4057.
    Sold more at 4,068 but it just doesn't want to go down (4,061 low). I think I will keep this one open over night with a trailing stop.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Sold more at 4,068 but it just doesn't want to go down (4,061 low). I think I will keep this one open over night with a trailing stop.
    Good luck with that!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Moving funds/shares into your ISA

I was thinking that on the HL platform, I would be able to move £20k of shares from my Fund & Share account into my ISA today. I thought this is what a “Bed and ISA” is.

But looking into “how to do a bed and isa transfer” on the HL website, it says I have to sell the funds or shares I want to transfer, wait 2-4 days for the sell order to settle, transfer the cash into my ISA and buy the shares back again.

Anyone know if this is the only way to do it?

Why would they have a name of “Bed and ISA” for a process which has zero benefit or difference over doing it that way?

It’d be Sod’s law that during the ~4 days it takes, the market moves up 225%. 🙄

That seems perfectly logical, you hold shares in the fund not individual shares , any money removed is just selling the fund shares

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I am resisting putting my 20k and my missus 20k into a new stocks and shares isa at least until the end of May.

I may kick myself for missing out on a few %, but not a much if I ploughed all the money in and then it corrected.

Everyone is bullish at the moment which is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I am resisting putting my 20k and my missus 20k into a new stocks and shares isa at least until the end of May.

I may kick myself for missing out on a few %, but not a much if I ploughed all the money in and then it corrected.

Everyone is bullish at the moment which is scary.
    Agree.

I think you will have plenty of opportunities to buy cheaper than today.

When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Anyone had an email regarding their stake in THCA???

Looks like they want to buy the shares back @ $10.10...

Not sure what to do now...

Have until tomorrow to decide what to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THCA - Are you not able to sell up now? Have they closed the market already?

I sold out of my THCA with about a 10% loss about 3 weeks ago as I decided I could put the money to better use. (Bought Porsche shares)

Raffe will no doubt tell you what the process is, but I expect if they "de-spac" (refund the shareholders) then you'll recieve back the shares value at about $9.50 or so as they'' take some for admin fees.

I am similarly stuffed with the SPAC that was CLA and merged with Ouster to become OUST. I bought in at about $10.10 luckily (it had been to $18 pre IPO) thinking it'd rocket up once the ticker changed on the Nasdaq and it became OUST. Since then, the share price has dropped to $7.50. Doh........

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post

I sold out of my THCA with about a 10% loss about 3 weeks ago as I decided I could put the money to better use. (Bought Porsche shares)

Raffe will no doubt tell you what the process is, but I expect if they "de-spac" (refund the shareholders) then you'll recieve back the shares value at about $9.50 or so as they'' take some for admin fees.

I am similarly stuffed with the SPAC that was CLA and merged with Ouster to become OUST. I bought in at about $10.10 luckily (it had been to $18 pre IPO) thinking it'd rocket up once the ticker changed on the Nasdaq and it became OUST. Since then, the share price has dropped to $7.50. Doh........

Yes I could sell now if I wanted, just not to sure what their plans are now going forward, if they are wanting to buy back then do they have nothing lined up yet???

Last edited by Martylaa; 6th April 2021 at 16:13.

Bit of life in TIGR today, good to see.

I have no idea what's going on with THCA, but the way the trading goes it looks like there is a danger that the price collapses once the possibility to sell at $10.10 disappears.

Ouch, I’m struggling to find anything out about THCA activity apart from the fact they are yet to announce a deal tbh...

Might sell and stick it all in Gamestock or Tesla haha...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no idea what's going on with THCA, but the way the trading goes it looks like there is a danger that the price collapses once the possibility to sell at $10.10 disappears.
    Thanks, its food for thought on what to do...

Are you down a lot on it?

I'd say it may be best to cut your losses if they're telling you the space is going to close down.

In fact I'm surprised there hasn't already been a rush to the exit.

Are you down a lot on it?

I'd say it may be best to cut your losses if they're telling you the space is going to close down.

In fact I'm surprised there hasn't already been a rush to the exit.
    No I’m down about 10% tbh and I’ve literally just sold them on ii...

I’ll look for something else on the Nasdaq, i do like the look of Open doors recommended by a bloke i follow on the money markets but I’ll watch it a while longer...

Raffe, any idea why Ibere Pharma (IBER) has not appeared to be open for business today?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/I....tsrc=fin-srch

It's been static at 10.05 all day.

Raffe, any idea why Ibere Pharma (IBER) has not appeared to be open for business today?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/quote/I....tsrc=fin-srch

It's been static at 10.05 all day.
    Traded 100 shares today, complete bonkers. Suppose everybody who had shares to sell has done so and in the absence of news, that's that.

I am happy to sit and wait. You can split out the warrant and return the ordinary at $10 - I'd say pretty protected on the left side. Only downside is the time it will take until something happens.

I also hold some THCA. Could the price really collapse? I'm about 15% down but was waiting to see if anything happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    I also hold some THCA. Could the price really collapse? I'm about 15% down but was waiting to see if anything happened.
    I sold my stake earlier, it’s bound to go up now lol...

The market has delivered the new highs which I expected, it is now time to prepare for a more meaningful correction.

I am looking to sell all of my remaining single equity positions over the next days. As you will remember, I already sold most of the US small caps a couple of weeks ago, many of those still trade lower today than where I sold despite the SP500 and Nasdaq being substantially higher.

*** This is a trader approach, as we have discussed before, timing the market is extremely difficult and there is no guarantee that you can time the re-entry so that you are actually better off than keeping your exposure in the first place. Also breast in mind, I have access to futures and options and trade these regularly. ***

Not financial advice.
    Last edited by Raffe; 7th April 2021 at 09:06.

Thanks Raffe, very interesting... phew, now gonna have conversations with Mrs P to assess our positions and take a view, maybe/maybe not action in some cases. Extremely well explained/put btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Thanks Raffe, very interesting... phew, now gonna have conversations with Mrs P to assess our positions and take a view, maybe/maybe not action in some cases. Extremely well explained/put btw.
    Selling my single stock positions doesn't mean that I am not long the market anymore. I am just replacing illiquid stocks with liquid futures, which I can liquidate in an instance.

I still think there is some juice left in the market and am looking for higher prices for at least another couple of days. Ideally a blowout top at 4,150 to 4,200 (SP500) sometime next week.

So are you suggesting that those of us who are less knowledgable and unable to access the tools that you use, would be better to ride the storm rather than try to time and exit and a repurchase?

I certainly learned that lesson the hard way with my SMT experience.

Maybe the clever route for those of us in similar (amateur) positions like myself, would be to sell a third or half of the more risky positions, or maybe even sell a percentage of all positions, and aim to rebuy lower?

I shifted a lot of my more risky plays over to tracker funds a month or so ago, HMWO, XLYP, VNRT...... but I still have a few single equity stocks like PAH3, TIGR, INO, OUST,.

Also have a chunk still in Microstrategy and ARB. I actually averaged these down during the last big dip, so they're currently sitting around the breakeven point. No idea if a market crash will affect Bitcoin too, or if much of the money taken out of the equity markets might get pumped into Bitcoin.....?

The economic forecasts for next 2 years are very bullish and it seems the bulls are rampant

For now

I’ve got about 3 or 4 different stocks in the Nasdaq I’d like to sell but all currently running at around 20% loss at the moment, stick or twist time...

I’ve sold a few where i was up and took the profits and ran but, what to do...

Selling my single stock positions doesn't mean that I am not long the market anymore. I am just replacing illiquid stocks with liquid futures, which I can liquidate in an instance.

I still think there is some juice left in the market and am looking for higher prices for at least another couple of days. Ideally a blowout top at 4,150 to 4,200 (SP500) sometime next week.
    Oh I get that totally Raffe and we've decided to stand fast with nearly all our picks, there's one I reckon we might/likely sell as it's doubled, which we're happy with, and we'll take that profit and hold it on the sidelines with a view to perhaps adding to our holdings of one/ more of our others if we see this dip...alternately we could just pour it into our tracker fund. It's all good.

Cheers for more of your analysis. CAVEAT EMPTOR ALWAYS.

Everybody will have to decide what they want to do with their portfolios, I am just reporting what I do with mine. As you know, I am trigger happy and don't mind to buy back today what I sold yesterday, even if it's trading higher.

I see a few warning signs which make me vigilant, I want to be able to act fast and decisive and don't want to be stuck selling illiquid positions when everybody does. So I switch my exposure from stocks to futures, no reason to take it off at the moment. If and when something happens, I am very flexible to adjust. If nothing happens, I am still long and may go back to where I started.

Ouster 25% up in first 40 mins of trading today.

https://g.co/kgs/mUn5gQ

Shame it is only back to where it was last week.

Jeeeeze. OUST now 35% up today. Nice to have something positive happen for a change and actually be in profit on a stock!

Citibank did a review of them this morning and put a price target of $17 on the stock.

Looks like some big institutions are buying in. Maybe there's news they've sold their digital lidar gear to someone like Apple.

Or Institutions are just throwing darts in a board

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Or Institutions are just throwing darts in a board

Easy when its not your money

Had a little bonus wit one of my AIM stocks today, RMS they make Covid masks and apparently BoJo wore one on TV hence it shot up this afternoon 35%, thanks BoJo...

Grand Master
    Only really played with it once and that was to buy Novacyt shares a year ago.

That was a bad move!!!!
    RIAC

I've been trying to see if there's been any news on THCA, but all I can find is the rumour from Bloomberg back in December about digital freight brokerage Transfix being their target. Is anyone else holding on? Is there a downside much below $10?

Blog Entries
    Historical forum favourite, NCYT, RIP

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Historical forum favourite, NCYT, RIP
    Sad to see it tank today on the news. It was what got me into trading during lockdown but the trading update was a shocker, and taking legal action against the government.. bridges and burning comes to mind.

Hope those that invested managed to escape with some profits intact.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Only really played with it once and that was to buy Novacyt shares a year ago.

That was a bad move!!!!
    Fingers crossed you took some profits along the way...!

COVID has pulled medical diagnostics stocks so far out of shape it’s hilarious. And NCYT is one of the better ones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Sad to see it tank today on the news. It was what got me into trading during lockdown but the trading update was a shocker, and taking legal action against the government.. bridges and burning comes to mind.

Hope those that invested managed to escape with some profits intact.

Are you still 100% in on Avacta?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Are you still 100% in on Avacta?
    I'm 21% in Avacta, and 70% crypto and crypto stocks. Remainder in various other biotech plays.

Craftsman
    (Bought Porsche shares)
    What's your plan / price target / fair value / expectations for PAH3?

Obviously had a nice run since the March '20 lows, so I'm expecting a correction / consolidation in the near term. Longer term looks to be a great hold though.

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    What's your plan / price target / fair value / expectations for PAH3?

Obviously had a nice run since the March '20 lows, so I'm expecting a correction / consolidation in the near term. Longer term looks to be a great hold though.
    FYI, I sold my PAH3 on Thursday.

Craftsman
    FYI, I sold my PAH3 on Thursday.
    I've yet to buy, I think will likely see resistance around 100euros so sitting on my hands until that plays out.

I want to buy in after a bit of a drop from here, rather than buy now for a small pop only to (potentially) sit in it underwater for a couple of/few months.

My portfolio is almost 100% liquid by now, final preparations for a period of increased volatility. I see extreme optimism and complacency, as usually it is the highest after the market has performed best.

I am still long equities, looking for a rally to 4,130-4,140 in S&P futures to offload my longs and start building a short. I have bought some cheap short term call options for the case of a blow-out rally to 4,200 - 4,250, but that's not my main scenario.

Interesting weeks ahead.

Good to hear your take on the situation.

Interesting weeks ahead.
    Kicking off with US CPI data tomorrow.

Should be interesting after PPI data out last week surged 1% in March alone (12% annualisation equivalent)

Quote Originally Posted by benwisback View Post
    What's your plan / price target / fair value / expectations for PAH3?.

My plan is to sell them for more than I paid for them. Doesn’t happen to me very often when I buy single equities.

My plan is to sell them for more than I paid for them. Doesn’t happen to me very often when I buy single equities.
    Good plan. I should try it one day.

BAB +24%

A few more days of this please so I can get out alive.

Edit: now +32%
    Last edited by Justin Case; 13th April 2021 at 09:37.

Just tried to book a roofer, called two both now fully booked all year

Trying builders also for an extension looking well into next year

Do you own diligence, not all roofers will go up in price