closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 75 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 8873

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Master
    You’re usually such a stickler for the rules. How disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    You’re usually such a stickler for the rules. How disappointing.
    You are so full of hate that you can't even see that you are writing porkies. No surprise.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Yeah, “full of hate,” that’s me. Grrrrrrr. I know you are dying for me to ask, what porkies am I telling?

Yeah, “full of hate,” that’s me. Grrrrrrr. I know you are dying for me to ask, what porkies am I telling?
    Find out yourself.

Master
    Weil if it’s the use of f*** then yeah I believe you were second after Chr1stof, so congrats.

Weil if it’s the use of f*** then yeah I believe you were second after Chr1stof, so congrats.
    You are really too stupid for this world.

You've made your point

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Dow moving backwards fast as lawyers sharpen pencils

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    You are really too stupid for this world.
    And you are a tedious, self-important no-mark. I’ll leave you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I don't think the supreme court will anything other than uphold the law, even a Trump judge wants evidence

You would hope but there is stuff like this which is worrying

"Amy Coney Barrett dodges Klobuchar question on voter intimidation law - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-54531577

Master
    Blog Entries
    And you are a tedious, self-important no-mark. I’ll leave you to it.
    Give it a rest, this thread has been running months with regular members contributing and you are not adding any value with this direction.

Let’s all move on and look at how the results will impact the market, or not.

Biden just taken Michigan, he only needs 27 more college votes and that’s it..

Makes the markets interesting tomorrow?

I think that increasing clarity about the result (either way) will boost markets while the threat of a protracted process and consequent continued risk of disorder will depress them.

Yep. They can recount as much as they want, but that won't change anything about the outcome.

I have a modest S&S ISA with H&L. Contains a few of the usual suspects like Fundsmith, Lindsell Train, JPMorgan Emerging Markets, a global tracker etc. I'm looking to start feeding some more into it and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for interesting funds to have a look at?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    I have a modest S&S ISA with H&L. Contains a few of the usual suspects like Fundsmith, Lindsell Train, JPMorgan Emerging Markets, a global tracker etc. I'm looking to start feeding some more into it and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for interesting funds to have a look at?
    Depends on your risk profile. Many people find it easier to just stick in low cost global trackers like Vanguard Lifestrategy etc.

So the supposed nightmare scenario of protracted legal wranglings has already been priced in and the markets seem to like the idea of a Dem Pres and Rep senate, some calmer law making and rhetoric, would that be about right? Seems rather surprising to have clawed back all the losses from last week so quickly

BoE announce 150b stimulus , pre trading looks pos again

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Depends on your risk profile. Many people find it easier to just stick in low cost global trackers like Vanguard Lifestrategy etc.
    Thanks, its fairly high as half is for my son and he's only 9 and it's not particularly large amounts. I keep roughly 50% in a low cost tracker. I haven't really been researching funds recently and have been holding cash. Before starting to invest again I was just wondering if there were some interesting fund picks / ideas / suggestions for me to have a look at.

I had my quarterly review yesterday, we are a firm hold in an 80% equity tracker

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalVilla View Post
    Thanks, its fairly high as half is for my son and he's only 9 and it's not particularly large amounts. I keep roughly 50% in a low cost tracker. I haven't really been researching funds recently and have been holding cash. Before starting to invest again I was just wondering if there were some interesting fund picks / ideas / suggestions for me to have a look at.
    Ah cool. So from personal experience (and of course your mileage/that of others will differ) these seem to be pretty decent:

Scottish Mortgage Trust
    Fundsmith Equity
    Smithsson Investment Trust
    Blue Whale
    Baillie Gifford American

I'm sure others here will have some ideas as well - again this isn't advice just some funds/ITs I've found useful

Master
    Can anyone recommend biotech and clean energy funds? Thinking long term these will do well so planning to invest my kids ISAs into these.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Can anyone recommend biotech and clean energy funds? Thinking long term these will do well so planning to invest my kids ISAs into these.

I’ve had a decent chunk of my ISA invested in the Polar Capital Biotech fund for about 4 years now and it has performed better than I had hoped originally. I liked the portfolio from the outset so have stuck with it

Thanks for the ideas - I'll have a look 👍

Friday's always up right? That's the rule

Master
    Bitcoin through 15k USD

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Bitcoin through 15k USD
    Yes, preparing some humble pie as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    just noticed Bitcoin has doubled since March, are we going to see Ł10k+ per coin soon? I really need to dig out that old 128gb drive!
    Oct 17th

Quote Originally Posted by wainy001 View Post
    Is bitcoin still a good investment?
    Sure, plough it in.

To the moon!
    Quote Originally Posted by wainy001 View Post
    Seriously ?
    Oct 24th - I wonder if he took your financial advice Raffe and is now a rich man?
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 6th November 2020 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Oct 17th

Oct 24th - I wonder if he took your financial advice Raffe and is now a rich man?
    If he did, I hope he doesn't forget to sell them before it turns around. My long term forecast stands firmly.

The next 5k movement in bitcoin is down. You read it here first.
    Yes, preparing some humble pie as we speak.
    No sweat. Given it was trading around $13.8K at the time of your prediction, you've still got plenty of headroom.

Master
    If he did, I hope he doesn't forget to sell them before it turns around. My long term forecast stands firmly.
    With institution money now getting involved, I think it might gain some credibility, but I accept its hard to see where it will end up.

I have some BTC that I bought when the price was ~ Ł7k but it's 'duck or no dinner' for me -- I won't sell until 100k (unless some personal catastrophe forces my hand)

Big swing to pos last 30 mins, Biden takes lead in Transylvania

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Bitcoin through 15k USD
    I jumped out of most of my position a couple of week ago at 10k Euros :facepalm:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post

I've done quite well with 'International Biotechnology Trust PLC' over the last 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    i was thinking about Lifestrategy but have seen articles in the FT etc saying bonds are now pointless- basically no yield, and also lacking a diversifier effect (apparently in the last selloff T-bills were correlated with equities)

so i've ended up just buying trackers for the S&P/MSCI World, with the remainder in cash. doesn't seem ideal but i don't know where else to put the non-equity part. (i have a little gold too but that also sold off in the fall!)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post
    i was thinking about Lifestrategy but have seen articles in the FT etc saying bonds are now pointless- basically no yield, and also lacking a diversifier effect (apparently in the last selloff T-bills were correlated with equities)

so i've ended up just buying trackers for the S&P/MSCI World, with the remainder in cash. doesn't seem ideal but i don't know where else to put the non-equity part. (i have a little gold too but that also sold off in the fall!)

in that case I believe Lifestrategy 100 is entirely equities. LS 80 is 20% bonds, LS 60 is 40% bonds and so on.

That has been my experience of holding the l&g gilts fund over the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by robinsongreen68 View Post

T-bills were correlated with equities?

Never has happened, never will happen. Technically not possible.

Thoughts this week? Looking to start off well. Senate won't be decided until January but would be a miracle if it's not Republican , unless Biden comes out and promises things on guns and stuff hard to see how that changing which should please the City. Maybe some stimulus news this week

Looking to sell the rally a bit higher.

12,425 in the Nasdaq futures, with a tight stop 100 points higher.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Biden win is going down well as expected ... are we now in the new COVID norm?

Markets are moving on with life but seems to me the economic impact of COVID-19 is still under estimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Biden win is going down well as expected ... are we now in the new COVID norm?

Markets are moving on with life but seems to me the economic impact of COVID-19 is still under estimated.
    Yeah for sure, how much of that have they discounted already though, lots of funny money to be stimulated on its way and there still seems an appetite for stocks who knows

Nasdaq up 10% since start of November

FTSE backmto where it was a month ago, Dow will follow

Looking to sell the rally a bit higher.

12,425 in the Nasdaq futures, with a tight stop 100 points higher.
    Looks like I have been too greedy this time. It was trading at 12,380 when I entered my order....

What just happened? 1% up to 4% , is it the vaccine news?!

CRAZY!! My shares have shot up in seconds, vaccine, Biden and Brexit could all be happening in a short amount of time, I said last week this could happen..

Wish I'd sold my house and bought Pfizer shares and hour ago I almost did ngl

Even at 90% effectivness, a lot of coronavirus will still be in circulation. The UK has ordered 30 million doses. And each person requires 2 doses. This will result in 15-20% of the population having vaccination induced immunity.

That is not enough to stop this. Wonder if the traders care