closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178
Results 8,851 to 8,866 of 8866

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    The FTSE trackers are abysmal. I can’t believe I spent 20 years with a good chunk of my SIPP and ISAs in FTSE100 & 250 tracker funds.

The long term returns are a joke. No wonder not even UK based companies want to IPO in London anymore.

FTSE 100 has returned 5.5% in last 5 years and a poxy 23% since 2001.

Almost as terrible as being invested in gold!

Global trackers are the way to go. Agree you'd have to be a bit thick to invest in a FTSE100 tracker but disagree in the concept of trackers being poor investment vehicles - for a passive investor a global tracker is about as good an investment as you can get assuming fees are low.

For contrast, the S&P500 tracker fund has retuned 80% over 5 years and about 5000% since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Global trackers are the way to go. Agree you'd have to be a bit thick to invest in a FTSE100 tracker but disagree in the concept of trackers being poor investment vehicles - for a passive investor a global tracker is about as good an investment as you can get assuming fees are low.
    I didn’t say they’re poor, I said above I’d only put 50% into global trackers now, rather than nearly all of it like I used to.

I’ll bet Tesla alone will massively outshine all the trackers put together over the next 5 years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I didn’t say they’re poor, I said above I’d only put 50% into global trackers now, rather than nearly all of it like I used to.

I’ll bet Tesla alone will massively outshine all the trackers put together over the next 5 years.
    When comparing indexes you can’t just compare the index you need to take into account dividends and the compound effect of reinvestment. FTSE 100 has a much higher yield than the S&P500. Plus it’s main constituents are not fashionable right now compared to the tech heavy US. But maybe things will be different going forward. Diversification is key.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got a very varied spread of funds. I just checked my portfolio analysis & about 7% is invested in UK company funds. That's enough for my taste in the current economic climate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I've got a very varied spread of funds. I just checked my portfolio analysis & about 7% is invested in UK company funds. That's enough for my taste in the current economic climate.
    Also keep in mind the domestic focus of an index.

E.g. FTSE100 80% of revenue is overseas. S&P500 60% revenue is domestic.

Global companies are listed somewhere, so a for example Shell is FTSE 100 but is hardly a UK company.

Microstrategy up another 25% today. $1350.

Up nearly 100% since I was advised to sell at $700.

I’m sure I’ll end up crying into my tea again, but I very much expect it to keep going all the way to $2000 over the coming months, if Bitcoin keeps doing its thing.

Master
    Blog Entries

I’m sure I’ll end up crying into my tea again, but I very much expect it to keep going all the way to $2000 over the coming months, if Bitcoin keeps doing its thing.
    Great news for you ... I have completely lost track of where you are with your BTC related investments ... I know you were big underwater at one point ... are you now up? Are your ARGO shares up now?

Is this why Raffe has disappeared, has he now lost all his bets?

Raffe was probably short MSTR, short Bitcoin, short miner stocks, expecting it all to go to zero.

Must be rekt now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    He’s more than keen to buy more BTC with other peoples money. Done this before I believe.

Master

Dangerous territory to expect a market to behave in a particular way. Nonetheless you are right to ride this move. It would be prudent to trail a loose stop up to be sure to lock in gains.

Master
    Anybody own any European defence stocks?
    I have BAE, which have had a really good run, but am considering what others are a potential buy,

Hi all, I wondered if anyone was holding any an idea stock and if they were tempted to sell now or hold on tight?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER View Post
    Gold is around all time high and the miners are doing nothing... Ive most of my money parked in Goldminers (Alamos, Agnico Eagle, New Gold) and Uranium (Cameco, Kazatomprom, Denison). Hoping commodities will keep doing well in 2024.

Gold up $100 since this post, and at all time high levels. Urianium had a big surge and a pullback, buying opportunity now in the miners. Not as exciting as Bitcon perhaps, but it's stuff we actually need, not magic internet money ;)