closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 101 of 178 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,050 of 8872

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Question if I may, in the event of negative interest rates what's going to happen to savers, boring I know compared to STAWKS, sorry...Raffe, or anyone, thanks.

Am I showing my naivety, perhaps, you're all already into crypto.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th February 2021 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Question if I may, in the event of negative interest rates what's going to happen to savers, boring I know compared to STAWKS, sorry...Raffe, or anyone, thanks.

Am I showing my naivety, perhaps, you're all already into crypto.
    Usually banks are not charging retail clients for negative rates, at least not initially. Experience shows that there may be an end to banks' patience in this respect (most banks in Switzerland are charging negative rates now, but that is after 5+ years of negative rates).

In the end, what is the difference if you get 0% or -0.5%? I understand it's a big difference psychologically, but not at the end of the year. And you can always rent a bank safe and deposit your cash there.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Moved 25% of my index trackers into my best 4 performing funds (BG American, BG Pacific, JPM Emerging Markets, SMT).

More news around indicating economic improvements than a crash so who knows but those funds have done super well for me so far over the past 6 months
    At least you won't be with too little Tesla exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Usually banks are not charging retail clients for negative rates, at least not initially. Experience shows that there may be an end to banks' patience in this respect (most banks in Switzerland are charging negative rates now, but that is after 5+ years of negative rates).

In the end, what is the difference if you get 0% or -0.5%? I understand it's a big difference psychologically, but not at the end of the year. And you can always rent a bank safe and deposit your cash there.
    Should I just admit defeat/accept the system as I imagine I understood it is morally/in reality bankrupt and just go all in on Dogecoin for example...it's a joke if retail savers now get the bus reversed back over them, the first pass starting in 2009 or thereabouts...I mean most poor schmucks save in cash, have a mortgage and maybe a managed pension if they're lucky, they really can't expend the sort've time and energy, have the knowledge like we see on this thread...they get paid and what they don't have to spend to survive/ service the mortgage maybe gets put into the bank...but now as well as inflation they could end up paying the bank to hold their cash..,. Meanwhile Musk tweets and the funny munnneee goes to the moon...

Sorry, a belated thank you for your answer btw R.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th February 2021 at 19:05.

The Tigr is on the loose.

Master
    It is...was expecting a more slow and steady growth to be honest, but great to see.

Already another excellent tip - thanks!

Another one I missed. 🙈

I should pay more attention rather than messing around with the day job!

Did actually try to buy yesterday but HL was being useless as usual and wasn't allowing limit orders. F&K only, which got rejected and cancelled. 🤯🤬

That feel when you short Tesla right at the opening bell

Well this blue horseshoe believes that people will want to take holidays even when they can't or don't want to get into airplanes or share crowded hotels with lots of other people.

Check out CWH, a long term holding of mine.
    ...up another 4% today.

Don't they know camping is literally self harming and frankly should be banned?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    ..I mean most poor schmucks save in cash, have a mortgage and maybe a managed pension if they're lucky,
    Anyone with a mortgage over the last decade has been laughing, compared to previous decades.

TIGR is looking strong 13% up since I got in, THCA is slow not much action so far but 1.55% up hopefully it jumps up.

Sold my small holdings of SPCE for 111% gain but only on £500. Will buy back if it dips again

What is the sell point for TIGR?

I understand it's a big difference psychologically, but not at the end of the year. And you can always rent a bank safe and deposit your cash there.
    I think that's illegal in the UK, or at least outside of policy.

At my safe deposit box I'm not allowed to store "anything illegal or cash".

Master
    Blog Entries
    In Japan they had a huge issue with people hording cash when rates went negative ... even if the issue is minor psychologically people wont wear it and will horde cash under the mattress ... not a good situation.

I would expect retail customers to not get hit with negative rates ...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think that's illegal in the UK, or at least outside of policy.

At my safe deposit box I'm not allowed to store "anything illegal or cash".
    If I had to guess then I suppose it is for insurance reasons rather than it's illegal.

The UK is not exactly leading in the field of ant-money-laundering regulations...

Won’t people also spend even more on ‘assets’ that they think won’t depreciate, like classic cars and watches?

Come to think of it, could TZ-UK be the new WSB? We all pick a watch brand that has a limited supply and currently low demand. We swamp the grey dealers with WTB requests and bid them up on eBay, buying up as many as we can. Rope in the bloggers, Hodinkee etc. Then sell them all at the top of the market.

It can’t fail.

Buying Qualcomm at $147.35

Master
    Synairgen. They produce nebuliser that delivers interferon into the lungs. Focussed now on COVID , but will work against the usual respiratory viruses every winter that kill millions.

The only double blind placebo trialled therapeutic to show outstanding results in phase 2 trials against COVID 19 . Phase 3 trials now started in 20 countries. US have placed in their warp speed trials. This could be pretty dam big. But as always dyor...I’m a Dentist and no financial advisor ! I’ve done very well off these already, but reckon a lot more to come.

Just a bit of friendly advice if someone fancies a punt 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Won’t people also spend even more on ‘assets’ that they think won’t depreciate, like classic cars and watches?

Come to think of it, could TZ-UK be the new WSB? We all pick a watch brand that has a limited supply and currently low demand. We swamp the grey dealers with WTB requests and bid them up on eBay, buying up as many as we can. Rope in the bloggers, Hodinkee etc. Then sell them all at the top of the market.

It can’t fail.
    Houses too potentially., interests rates go negative, an Englishmans castle is his home, whatever, the totemic nature of bricks and mortar, supply/demand disequilibrium, the flood of Hong Kongers with cash in hand...might still be even more life in the old dog yet...

Hongkongers will be great for London/Manchester prices as I cant see them moving to the countryside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oranges10 View Post
    Synairgen. They produce nebuliser that delivers interferon into the lungs. Focussed now on COVID , but will work against the usual respiratory viruses every winter that kill millions.

The only double blind placebo trialled therapeutic to show outstanding results in phase 2 trials against COVID 19 . Phase 3 trials now started in 20 countries. US have placed in their warp speed trials. This could be pretty dam big. But as always dyor...I’m a Dentist and no financial advisor ! I’ve done very well off these already, but reckon a lot more to come.

Just a bit of friendly advice if someone fancies a punt 
    Have still held on to mine from March 2020 at 20p , Southampton based company, now showing around the recent placement price of 1.75p, as always bound to soar again if I sell

I think we will see another SP500 high before the meltdown comes.
    S&P hit new all-time high today (but still a few points short of my immediate target price).

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    I bet GME jumps back up again. $125 to buy in will be too tempting for many.

I bet we see $250 again today.

$250 today?

Currently trading at $90, so more likely to hit $50 than $250 anytime soon.

We may never see $250 again. I still haven't heard about a secondary, that may come on top of the heavy selling by WSB investors.

GME just hit $50. Just saying.

Are we in a position to say who the winners and losers are yet? I'm presuming that the bulk of the retail investors who jumped in are looking at paper losses already?

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Anyone with a mortgage over the last decade has been laughing, compared to previous decades.
    My first wife and I bought a new home during the Nixon Administration. Mortgage rates were about 9% but because my wife worked at a Savings & Loan, we got the "employee rate" of only 6%. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven!

Master
    Managed to get in on TIGR at 23.45 at the start of trading yesterday. Will be a long term hold as the prospects seem good.

Other buys yesterday were BDTX at 27.12 and CRTX at 45.15 for at least a 12 month hold.

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    Are we in a position to say who the winners and losers are yet? I'm presuming that the bulk of the retail investors who jumped in are looking at paper losses already?
    Paper losses? What is that?

Losses are real, that is one of the most important principles of trading. This 'it's not a loss until I sell' B/S ist responsible for more portfolio blowouts than any other rookie mistake.

And I can promise you that the bulk of retail traders is not only sitting on steep losses, but are looking at bankruptcy. In order to not be deep in the red by now, you would have to be an early buyer, not have used any leverage and not doubled up higher. There won't be more than a handful of those.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Just sold a third of my SP500 futures position here (3,875), will try and sell another third at 3,885.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    My first wife and I bought a new home during the Nixon Administration. Mortgage rates were about 9% but because my wife worked at a Savings & Loan, we got the "employee rate" of only 6%. We thought we'd died and gone to heaven!
    Long term average, before the new normal, was around 6 per cent give or take... iirc our first home so mid 90's was 4.79 per cent, which we considered pretty good even then.

The difference today though vs mortgages of yore is that the amount needed to mortgage in £ is much higher. I guess what the repayment at the end of the month is is what really matters of course but I'm 43, still have nearly £400k mortgage left to pay on a 2 bed London flat and I'm pretty standard for my age. No point trying to pay that off early, it would be soul destroying so better to pump the SIPP. Goodness knows how the millennials are coping as they will need to borrow even more.

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
    There was an interesting programme on radio 4 last night about GameStop.

Their thinking was quite a few institutions were involved either side. Some won big,some lost big. A lot of retail investors who didn’t really know what they were doing a believed all the “hold the line, diamond hands” stuff would lose a lot.

I was bored so had a read of yesterdays daily thread on WSB. I honestly didn't know how many deluded people there are...still holding with an exit strategy of buying more the more it drops to bring their average share price down, then selling when the shares reach their average...which in most cases is still over a hundred dollars. prior to the pump-and-dump, it's a $20 stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I was bored so had a read of yesterdays daily thread on WSB. I honestly didn't know how many deluded people there are...still holding with an exit strategy of buying more the more it drops to bring their average share price down, then selling when the shares reach their average...which in most cases is still over a hundred dollars. prior to the pump-and-dump, it's a $20 stock.
    It was exactly like that in the 2000/2001/2002 sell-off. They don't stop until they are bankrupt.

It is the 'paper loss' philosophy which is bringing them to believe that it's not a loss until they have sold, so they avoid that until somebody else (their broker, their wife) does it for them.

I was in private banking in the early 2000's, I have seen people losing millions because they kept 'averaging down' until there was nothing left. It leaves broken people behind, tragic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Managed to get in on TIGR at 23.45 at the start of trading yesterday. Will be a long term hold as the prospects seem good.

Other buys yesterday were BDTX at 27.12 and CRTX at 45.15 for at least a 12 month hold.

Hi Bonesey, which broker dashboard is your screenshot from?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The difference today though vs mortgages of yore is that the amount needed to mortgage in £ is much higher. I guess what the repayment at the end of the month is is what really matters of course but I'm 43, still have nearly £400k mortgage left to pay on a 2 bed London flat and I'm pretty standard for my age. No point trying to pay that off early, it would be soul destroying so better to pump the SIPP. Goodness knows how the millennials are coping as they will need to borrow even more.
    They're perforce now not buying until their 30's, AVERAGE ftb is/was around 33 in Londres, unless Bank of Mum and Dad can help, knock on effect delaying having children, smaller families.

It was exactly like that in the 2000/2001/2002 sell-off. They don't stop until they are bankrupt.

It is the 'paper loss' philosophy which is bringing them to believe that it's not a loss until they have sold, so they avoid that until somebody else (their broker, their wife) does it for them.

I was in private banking in the early 2000's, I have seen people losing millions because they kept 'averaging down' until there was nothing left. It leaves broken people behind, tragic.
    Wow. Looking at the fundamentals of that stock specifically, it's an ailing company in a bygone era of buying video games in a mall that had been on the decline for 7-years. People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

Buying KPTI for a squeeze play.

Someone once tried to rebirth Blockbuster never forget someone will try anything

GME just hit $50. Just saying.
    It's lucky you're giving the tips and not me! 😘

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    It's lucky you're giving the tips and not me! 

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    Hi Bonesey, which broker dashboard is your screenshot from?
    It's https://www.tipranks.com/

I will be looking to lighten up a bit on risk at these levels.

Have sold two thirds of my S&P500 (3,885), have reduced my GBP/USD ($1.3685) bet and sold a third of my TIGR ($28.10) and KOPN ($8.68) positions around here (might further reduce them to half if the strength continues).

Also looking to reduce my SPAC positions a bit, probably all by one third.

I will be looking to lighten up a bit on risk at these levels.

Have sold two thirds of my S&P500 (3,885), have reduced my GBP/USD ($1.3685) bet and sold a third of my TIGR ($28.10) and KOPN ($8.68) positions around here (might further reduce them to half if the strength continues).

Also looking to reduce my SPAC positions a bit, probably all by one third.
    Are you still holding in THCA?

TIGR seems to have stalled a little around $27 yesterday, hoping it goes to mid $30 and might sell up at that point

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Are you still holding in THCA?

TIGR seems to have stalled a little around $27 yesterday, hoping it goes to mid $30 and might sell up at that point
    THCA is my largest SPAC, looking to reduce it like all other SPACS by roughly a third today.

TIGR trading at $28.45 at them moment pre-opening. I have sold a third of my position (I bought three times) a little lower at $28.10

Craftsman
    Also spac related selling 60% of my CCIV

Will keep the other as they are now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    THCA is my largest SPAC, looking to reduce it like all other SPACS by roughly a third today.

TIGR trading at $28.45 at them moment pre-opening. I have sold a third of my position (I bought three times) a little lower at $28.10
    I am not selling, this has legs to go to $50 or higher.
    What’s changed? . If you think that TIGR has the legs to go to $50+ then what is the rational for selling now?
    I’m just trying to understand the thinking behind it so I can understand a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    What’s changed? . If you think that TIGR has the legs to go to $50+ then what is the rational for selling now?
    I’m just trying to understand the thinking behind it so I can understand a bit more.
    I just bought too much and want to take a bit risk off. The last week was one of the best in my life and I have over 100% equity exposure and would like to prune that a bit. The S&P sits at 2 standard deviations above it's 20 day average and I see limited short-term upside, no point sitting in so much risk if you think the market is overextended.

The core positions won't go anywhere.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I just bought too much and want to take a bit risk off. The last week was one of the best in my life and I have over 100% equity exposure and would like to prune that a bit. The S&P sits at 2 standard deviations above it's 20 day average and I see limited short-term upside, no point sitting in so much risk if you think the market is overextended.

The core positions won't go anywhere.
    ok...thanks. I understand that. Cheers.

Buying KPTI for a squeeze play.
    This one doesn't go very well, currently a Dollar below my purchase price. I won't die on this hill, especially not on a Friday.

Want to see the opening and will decide then what to do.

Well done on the best week of your life, there is money to be made for those that know how .