closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 176 of 178 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,800 of 8873

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

The bots and taxis alone could make it the most valuable company on the planet. The cars may end up being one of the lower sources of revenue in 20-30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    By 2030. Ok.
    GIGALOLZ.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

The bots and taxis alone could make it the most valuable company on the planet. The cars may end up being one of the lower sources of revenue in 20-30 years.
    Which taxis? Robotaxis? Of which we should have 1 million on the road since three years, right? And the laughable robot that can hardly master things that othe robots have done ten years ago?

What other stocks do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Sub $ worth a punt or two.
    Since we are in prediction mode tonight, just a quick follow up: AMC stock down another 70% since this post.

I know, the evil shortsellers are to blame. Of which the biggest seller is the company itself: they increased share count by another 30% since then. And the next dump is only ever a few weeks away.

Apes together strong!!

Such a negative Nelly!

😭

Such a negative Nelly!

ðŸ˜*
    Not like anyone except the most deluded Tesla fanbois saw anything positive yesterday. This was the most hyped Tesla event of the year, and the shares were down in a flat overall market. People sick and tired of Tesla overpromising and underdelivering.

Yesterday wasn’t flat. Goog and meta went down by similar amounts yesterday. (-1.82% and -1.52%)

The Pepsi Semi truck breakdowns have been related to a software switch glitch in the program that causes the dash to flicker or turn off. Drivers pull over as a precaution.

Pepsi ordered another 18 trucks in May, so they’re hardly unhappy with them. They’ve ordered 54 now and Tesla has sold over 70 in total from their first production run.

CyberTruck has more preorders than any vehicle in history.

The following, from a real online Tesla fanboi….

Key Features

First the AWD version has a higher range than expected - 340 miles

Second - the CT has a range extender - not sure how it works but wow it adds 38% more mileage.

Third - not many people noticed this but in the early days people expected the top of the range model to have four wheel steering. But talking to the engineers today I found it all models will have four wheel steering. This is huge this means this thing can literally turn on a dime..

Fourth - pricing is of course higher than expected from four years ago where they said the base model will come out at 39,900 now the base model is about 61,000 but that base model which is just rear wheel drive is not available until 2025 so if you were in the market for the base model it's not gonna come for a while. The other two are available decide released at $99,000 and the all-wheel-drive at basically $80,000

Fifth - the demo showed obviously the beast mode doing not to 60 and 2.6 seconds it also beat a Porsche Turbo towing a Porsche turbo and a quarter-mile sprint. That was just mind blowing.

Sixth - the car is extremely thin talk about a low center of gravity. I measure may be six or 7 inches from the floor of the vehicle inside to the bottom floor of the car see image for details.

Seventh - Secret compartment in the trunk is kind of cool see image for details.

Eight - you can charge a car or your house from the vehicle.. 11.5 kw

Ninth - Drag coefficient: 0.335 - unreal for a vehicle this size

Tenth - windshield wiper is vertical which is very impressive but remember the slope of the front of the car is completely flat so logically when it does snow and the wiper falls down first if you just kick all the snow off the window unlike in the traditional windscreen wipers it has to push it up and get stuck. This actually is not only very aerodynamic but also very logical you think about it and also very efficient because there's only one wiper granted it's a huge wiper.

Eleventh Feature - Electrical system: 48 volts - unreal and very efficient. Cars began 6volts, then 1960 12 volts, now Tesla CT first car to have 48 volt arech and will be future for all tesla products - Benefits of 48-volt electrical systems for electric vehicles: Increased efficiency: Smaller wires reduce resistance and improve efficiency. Improved performance: More power to accessories like air conditioning, headlights, and infotainment systems. Reduced emissions: More efficient energy recovery when braking. Lower costs: Smaller wires and components are less expensive to manufacture.

Specific benefits of 48 volts for Tesla vehicles:

Increased range: More efficient use of battery power extends the range.
    Faster acceleration: Increased power from the 48-volt system accelerates faster.
    Improved regenerative braking: More energy capture when braking improves overall efficiency.
    Twelfth - Tyres - they are huge 35.6 inches - 3 feet or nearly 1 meter.

Thirteenth - car stainless steel body is bullet proof - get ready for the end times.

Fourteenth - Exterior glass: Armored, resists baseball at 70 mph or class 4 hail

Fifteenth - Steer by Wire like a jet airplane - turn on a dime - complement to the 4 wheel steering.

Sixteenth - Air suspension: Electronically adaptive, up to 17 inches of clearance

Seventeeth - Touchscreens: 18.5-inch infinity touchscreen in front, 9.4-inch touchscreen in back

Eighteenth - Sound system: 15 speakers, including 2 subwoofers and distributed amplifiers

Nineteenth - HEPA air filter: Yes

Twentieth - Outlets USB-C and 120V/240V outlets: Yes

Overall - no car like it on earth

Yesterday wasn’t flat. Goog and meta went down by similar amounts yesterday. (-1.82% and -1.52%)

The Pepsi Semi truck breakdowns have been related to a software switch glitch in the program that causes the dash to flicker or turn off. Drivers pull over as a precaution.

Pepsi ordered another 18 trucks in May, so they’re hardly unhappy with them. They’ve ordered 54 now and Tesla has sold over 70 in total from their first production run.

CyberTruck has more preorders than any vehicle in history.

The following, from a real online Tesla fanboi….

Key Features

First the AWD version has a higher range than expected - 340 miles

Second - the CT has a range extender - not sure how it works but wow it adds 38% more mileage.

Third - not many people noticed this but in the early days people expected the top of the range model to have four wheel steering. But talking to the engineers today I found it all models will have four wheel steering. This is huge this means this thing can literally turn on a dime..

Fourth - pricing is of course higher than expected from four years ago where they said the base model will come out at 39,900 now the base model is about 61,000 but that base model which is just rear wheel drive is not available until 2025 so if you were in the market for the base model it's not gonna come for a while. The other two are available decide released at $99,000 and the all-wheel-drive at basically $80,000

Fifth - the demo showed obviously the beast mode doing not to 60 and 2.6 seconds it also beat a Porsche Turbo towing a Porsche turbo and a quarter-mile sprint. That was just mind blowing.

Sixth - the car is extremely thin talk about a low center of gravity. I measure may be six or 7 inches from the floor of the vehicle inside to the bottom floor of the car see image for details.

Seventh - Secret compartment in the trunk is kind of cool see image for details.

Eight - you can charge a car or your house from the vehicle.. 11.5 kw

Ninth - Drag coefficient: 0.335 - unreal for a vehicle this size

Tenth - windshield wiper is vertical which is very impressive but remember the slope of the front of the car is completely flat so logically when it does snow and the wiper falls down first if you just kick all the snow off the window unlike in the traditional windscreen wipers it has to push it up and get stuck. This actually is not only very aerodynamic but also very logical you think about it and also very efficient because there's only one wiper granted it's a huge wiper.

Eleventh Feature - Electrical system: 48 volts - unreal and very efficient. Cars began 6volts, then 1960 12 volts, now Tesla CT first car to have 48 volt arech and will be future for all tesla products - Benefits of 48-volt electrical systems for electric vehicles: Increased efficiency: Smaller wires reduce resistance and improve efficiency. Improved performance: More power to accessories like air conditioning, headlights, and infotainment systems. Reduced emissions: More efficient energy recovery when braking. Lower costs: Smaller wires and components are less expensive to manufacture.

Specific benefits of 48 volts for Tesla vehicles:

Increased range: More efficient use of battery power extends the range.
    Faster acceleration: Increased power from the 48-volt system accelerates faster.
    Improved regenerative braking: More energy capture when braking improves overall efficiency.
    Twelfth - Tyres - they are huge 35.6 inches - 3 feet or nearly 1 meter.

Thirteenth - car stainless steel body is bullet proof - get ready for the end times.

Fourteenth - Exterior glass: Armored, resists baseball at 70 mph or class 4 hail

Fifteenth - Steer by Wire like a jet airplane - turn on a dime - complement to the 4 wheel steering.

Sixteenth - Air suspension: Electronically adaptive, up to 17 inches of clearance

Seventeeth - Touchscreens: 18.5-inch infinity touchscreen in front, 9.4-inch touchscreen in back

Eighteenth - Sound system: 15 speakers, including 2 subwoofers and distributed amplifiers

Nineteenth - HEPA air filter: Yes

Twentieth - Outlets USB-C and 120V/240V outlets: Yes

Overall - no car like it on earth
    There are so many lies and half-truths in there that I cringe, but I am not spending an hour to disprove them because you wouldn't accept the facts anyway.

You keep doing the noble winning investment strategy, I do mine. I am still very interested which other stocks you like?

Master
    Tesla chart looks quite interesting here actually. Consolidating around a 2 year trend line resistance. Not one I've been watching but will now.

I watched some of the Cybertruck launch, does look pretty cool though obviously Europeans aren't the target market.

Not my review but from a good source who’s know for being factual and correct, so I’m interested to know what he’s got wrong and how you’d know better than him when he spent a day on the CT production line last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Since we are in prediction mode tonight, just a quick follow up: AMC stock down another 70% since this post.

I know, the evil shortsellers are to blame. Of which the biggest seller is the company itself: they increased share count by another 30% since then. And the next dump is only ever a few weeks away.

Apes together strong!!
    Took my profit a while back and moved on.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

Took my profit a while back and moved on.
    You are making me curious.

It was trading at $22.00 when you typed that and it's at $6.73 today. You said that you wanted to buy at $1.00 (equivalent of $10 after the reverse split), even if you waited for this to happen before you bought, how did you take a profit and moved on given it spent only a handful of days above that price since first crossing it and the very highest it traded was $11.43 (=$1.14 pre split)? You sold the absolute top?

I wasn’t holding any stock, had already sold it last year. Just enjoyed the bet.
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”

I wasn’t holding any stock, had already sold it last year. Just enjoyed the bet.
    Good for you, and I am sure the charities enjoyed the bet as well.

Master
    Not my review but from a good source who’s know for being factual and correct, so I’m interested to know what he’s got wrong and how you’d know better than him when he spent a day on the CT production line last week.
    You know it's a fluff piece from a fanboi when he writes this -

...windshield wiper is vertical which is very impressive but remember the slope of the front of the car is completely flat so logically when it does snow and the wiper falls down first if you just kick all the snow off the window unlike in the traditional windscreen wipers it has to push it up and get stuck. This actually is not only very aerodynamic but also very logical you think about it and also very efficient because there's only one wiper granted it's a huge wiper.
    To describe this -

https://x.com/jimmyvs24/status/17303...EWGpd8P93me7Rg

Interesting info about Microstrategy shareholder value in BTC terms over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    You know it's a fluff piece from a fanboi when he writes this -

To describe this -

I don’t get your point. (I get his).

#12 is and well worth scrolling forward through the lengthy NordVPN ad.

The Cybertruck represents a lot of what's wrong with the U.S. transportation system — even as it purports to address those problems.

https://usa.streetsblog.org/2023/12/...rtruck-edition

Amazing.

Scary.

Still not priced in.

https://youtu.be/klwq5EdqXsg?si=VUm9MXHo8dmu9cYu

Anyone know how to embed the video?
    Last edited by mr noble; 13th December 2023 at 08:15.

Amazing.

Scary.

Still not priced in.

https://youtu.be/klwq5EdqXsg?si=VUm9MXHo8dmu9cYu

Another fake video from the fraud company. Now they claim that their robot can do what Honda's bot could do 20 years ago, they only have been very sloppy in their video edits again.

Fact of the matter is that they don't need to put a lot of effort into the video faking, because the faithful will lap up anyway whatever bullshit Tesla throws out.

Master
    Tesla recalling 2m cars

You serious?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You serious?
    I tried using the button above this box a few times but it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Another fake video from the fraud company. Now they claim that their robot can do what Honda's bot could do 20 years ago, they only have been very sloppy in their video edits again.

Fact of the matter is that they don't need to put a lot of effort into the video faking, because the faithful will lap up anyway whatever bullshit Tesla throws out.
    I look forward to your future posts in 10 years when millions of households globally have a Tesla bot, car, power wall, use robotaxis and Tesla is by far the most valuable company on the planet. Maybe then you'll get it....

I look forward to your future posts in 10 years when millions of households globally have a Tesla bot, car, power wall, use robotaxis and Tesla is by far the most valuable company on the planet. Maybe then you'll get it....
    I see that being the dream but I don’t think reality will ever match it. Not from Tesla anyway. They are a second rate company and the quality simply isn’t there.

The wifi module in my car is about 15+ years old. Been through it with Tesla support for months going through the logs when they told me the reason the car rarely connects to my wifi is my wifi broadcasts on channels which weren’t invented when the cars wifi module was created. Only time I’ve ever had the same issue was with a 2010 MacBook Air.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The wifi module in my car is about 15+ years old.
    How old is the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    How old is the car?
    Dec 2021 Model 3

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I see that being the dream but I don’t think reality will ever match it. Not from Tesla anyway. They are a second rate company and the quality simply isn’t there.

The wifi module in my car is about 15+ years old. Been through it with Tesla support for months going through the logs when they told me the reason the car rarely connects to my wifi is my wifi broadcasts on channels which weren’t invented when the cars wifi module was created. Only time I’ve ever had the same issue was with a 2010 MacBook Air.
    But what would you know, you are only a Tesla customer. Greg on the other side is a fully paid-up cult member!

I don’t own any Tesla shares, currently, and have never been a customer.

I do like to read about what they’re up to and the progress they’re making on so many levels.

I firmly believe that the market struggles to put a real value on all of the future revenue streams and hasn’t priced in many of them at all yet.

The market will wake up to the potential sooner or later. SP in 2030 could be well over $5000 if they achieve the majority of their goals.

The full FSD roll out alone will add a colossal amount of extra “free” revenue to their bottom line, at zero additional cost.

You may start to notice a lot more Tesla chargers going into the UK from now on. Another huge revenue stream is allowing other brands to use their charging network which is superior to all others.

I don’t think the revenue from this is fully understood or priced in. On the global scale, it’s huge.

Master
    You may start to notice a lot more Tesla chargers going into the UK from now on. Another huge revenue stream is allowing other brands to use their charging network which is superior to all others.

I don’t think the revenue from this is fully understood or priced in. On the global scale, it’s huge.
    Don't even ask the question. The answer is yes, it's priced in. Think Amazon will beat the next earnings? That's already been priced in. You work at the drive thru for Mickey D's and found out that the burgers are made of human meat? Priced in. You think insiders don't already know that? The market is an all powerful, all encompassing being that knows the very inner workings of your subconscious before you were even born. Your very existence was priced in decades ago when the market was valuing Standard Oil's expected future earnings based on population growth that would lead to your birth, what age you would get a car, how many times you would drive your car every week, how many times you take the bus/train, etc. Anything you can think of has already been priced in, even the things you aren't thinking of. You have no original thoughts. Your consciousness is just an illusion, a product of the omniscent market. Free will is a myth. The market sees all, knows all and will be there from the beginning of time until the end of the universe (the market has already priced in the heat death of the universe). So please, before you make a post on wsb asking whether AAPL has priced in earpods 11 sales or whatever, know that it has already been priced in and don't ask such a dumb question again.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

They need to get a grip as this stuff can cause major damage reputationaly

Tesla recalls nearly all vehicles sold in US to fix Autopilot system

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/gallerie...ve-system.html

I remember the Ford / Firestone saga it was a crippler at the time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Don't even ask the question. The answer is yes, it's priced in. Think Amazon will beat the next earnings? That's already been priced in. You work at the drive thru for Mickey D's and found out that the burgers are made of human meat? Priced in. You think insiders don't already know that? The market is an all powerful, all encompassing being that knows the very inner workings of your subconscious before you were even born. Your very existence was priced in decades ago when the market was valuing Standard Oil's expected future earnings based on population growth that would lead to your birth, what age you would get a car, how many times you would drive your car every week, how many times you take the bus/train, etc. Anything you can think of has already been priced in, even the things you aren't thinking of. You have no original thoughts. Your consciousness is just an illusion, a product of the omniscent market. Free will is a myth. The market sees all, knows all and will be there from the beginning of time until the end of the universe (the market has already priced in the heat death of the universe). So please, before you make a post on wsb asking whether AAPL has priced in earpods 11 sales or whatever, know that it has already been priced in and don't ask such a dumb question again.

I get you point but unfortunately you are wrong.

If the market was as efficient as you think we’d never have stocks that crash to zero or race off to the moon … which of course happens frequently because some item of news wasn’t priced in.

Master

If the market was as efficient as you think we’d never have stocks that crash to zero or race off to the moon … which of course happens frequently because some item of news wasn’t priced in.
    It's copypasta

Well just as KK suggests, the market must have known that Tesla was about to recall 2,000,000 cars as the SP has barely shifted. Amazing!

In the U.S., the Dow Jones Average closed Wednesday at its highest mark in history, at 37090, up 500 points for the day. The Federal Reserve chose not to further raise interest rates, expecting the CPI to fall to around 2% in the next year. Many analysts believe the U.S. economy will perform even better than the Fed forecast.

I'm tempted to re-enter the equity market, although to do so I would need to involve my financial management firm, which now controls all trades. Hmm...

The Tesla 'recall" is just an over the air software update. The cars don't physically have to go into a dealer.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 14th December 2023 at 02:23.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The Tesla 'recall" is just an over the air software update. The cars don't physically have to go into a dealer.
    Except that the recall is very clearly a recall: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...3V838-8276.PDF

As always, Tesla claims that they will be able to fix it via an over the air update, but the NHTSA released an email statement saying “NHTSA’s investigation remains open as we monitor the efficacy of Tesla’s remedies and continue to work with the automaker to ensure the highest level of safety". So let's see if the fix is accepted, there are plenty of people who think it won't.

In any case, there is a much bigger investigation going on by the NHTSA about other aspects of autopilot and FSD that should lead to more recalls coming soon:

https://apnews.com/article/technolog...f253558ed1f925

Master

Indeed, everyone predicted interest rates to be frozen, when it is actually announced the markets surge upward, you’d think it would be priced in but doesn’t seem to be.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Indeed, everyone predicted interest rates to be frozen, when it is actually announced the markets surge upward, you’d think it would be priced in but doesn’t seem to be.
    Exactly, everything is priced in until it isn’t ….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Think the morning surge was more to do with the Fed's dovish rhetoric last night and Europe catching up. US markets lead everything else. However I agree rational the stock market certainly isn't! It's fear and greed turbocharged with algo's.

Truflation indicating that UK inflation is for the first time in 2 years below 3%.

Just wait for the Inflation Tsunami. It's coming!
    Yeah.

Crypto miners flying again.

At this rate I might get out of my crazy Argo position unscathed (apart from two+ years of sleepless nights)

Microstrategy still buying big chunks of BTC. Mr Saylor now well over $2bn in profit.

Tether making a mint.

Binance surviving to live another day.

I think 2024 is going to be a wonderful year.

Happy Christmas and NY to you all.

Master
    Blog Entries

At this rate I might get out of my crazy Argo position unscathed (apart from two+ years of sleepless nights)

Microstrategy still buying big chunks of BTC. Mr Saylor now well over $2bn in profit.

Tether making a mint.

Binance surviving to live another day.

If the market offers you the ability to escape your Argo position I’d grab it with both hands.

If the market offers you the ability to escape your Argo position I’d grab it with both hands.
    I can’t wait for the opportunity, Sir!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can’t wait for the opportunity, Sir!
    Don’t wait too long. Sometimes a small loss is better than waiting for a small gain and ending up at square 1. Looking at the recent uptick it doesn’t look driven by anything fundamental.

I agree that they appear to have regained at least some of their 'value added' premium. However I remain somewhat perplexed as to how it can be considered sustainable.

https://www.blockchain.com/explorer/charts/hash-rate

Here's to hoping for the same.
    Last edited by petethegeek; 28th December 2023 at 12:13. Reason: Added hash rate chart link