closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Austria ski resorts closed

Master

Austria ski resorts closed

I have three very upset teenagers now Austria have followed Italy and closed the Alps.
    I just hope the insurance pays out to poss. get two ski trips next year.
    Why did the Chinese try and bull shit the world and pretend Coronavirus wasn't and issue !!
    Hope you and your families all keep well.

Master
    Supposed to be going to Alpe d’huez in a couple of weeks. They’ve just issued a notice saying they are still open and offering 100% refund on lift passes if they have to close. Our flights have both changed times by 5-6 hours too.
    I’m not holding out much hope though.

I was thinking of leaving it to the last minute, driving to avoid the unwashed/risk of cancelled flights, and picking up a cheap chalet for the week. If anywhere is still open, of course. If you're self-catering, I would have thought the Alps would be a pretty safe place to be.

All Swiss resorts close from Sunday 15th March too. Sad times. Keep safe all; and your loved ones.

Tnx mate. My cousin is working in ski resort, he told me season is finished, and still needs to get home...
    Take care everyone

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Had a fantastic 4 days last weekend in Morzine, great snow, great food, great apres, timed that well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Had a fantastic 4 days last weekend in Morzine, great snow, great food, great apres, timed that well.

Been in the house an hour returning from Morrillion/Flain, Snow was receding fast anyway.

Master
    Got back from Kaprun Thursday after three and a half days there, feel sorry for those who’ll miss there trip this year.

We were due to go to Austria too, now all cancelled!

All people had a fantastic time untill they got the call

Master
    The latest French edict "the closure of all non-essential public locations" will can all the Ski resorts now.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Yep Chamonix Valley now officially closed from tomorrow, not sure if it affects ski touring as well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice

Our trip to Val D'isere has just been cancelled. We were due to fly tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G977B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Urgent efforts to repatriate 30,000 British tourists from ski resorts in France are under way amid warnings of “widespread failures” in the travel sector in the face of the coronavirus pandemic.
    French mountains resorts closed at midnight on Saturday just hours after tens of thousands had landed for their annual holiday in the snow.
    Leading ski and summer activity holiday company Neilson has called for the government to step in with “emergency measures”.
    There were reports of chaos and confusion across the Alps with one source saying local police had taken the French government’s message into their own hands and going round hotels and restaurants telling marooned Britons to go home immediately.
    Diane Palumbo, sales and marketing director at SkiWorld, said she had 900 customers across the Alps and they had been in talks with all the key resorts on Friday to warn them that if they were to close not to do so on Saturday when a fresh influx of tourists were scheduled to arrive.
    “We are getting over our anger. It was literally not until 10pm last night that we were confident of the information we were receiving. The same people who had assured us on Thursday, Friday or even Saturday that they would remain open, have now all closed,” she said.
    from https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...088d7575593aed 12:01 update