closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TUDOR ICONAUT

TUDOR ICONAUT

If you were undecided about the Tudor Black Bay P01, what would you make of this?

The Tudor Iconaut was their first GMT Model ahead of the brilliant Black Bay GMT launched Basel in 2018, with the addition of a chronograph and Tachymeter scale & Date. You can probably fry an egg on it too!

Released around 2013 it didn't make the cut to be in the relaunch of Tudor in the UK in September 2014.

[IMG][/IMG]

The case is 43mm....

[IMG][/IMG]

....and a big 14.8mm deep

[IMG][/IMG]

On Chrono 24 they are selling second hand for between £2-2500 if you think your man-enough!!

There is a write up on Moodys website by Ross Povey with more details via the link http://www.moodys1883.com/ross-povey...t-of-the-gmts/

Not my cup of tea, and I had a couple of Tudor Hydro 1200m’s
    It's just a matter of time...

Rather a lot going on, on that dial.

It just all looks a little out of proportion to me. Not very balanced. Small fonts, big fonts, fonts that don't match, fonts that are different colours. Pretty sure I can count 3 different fonts for the number 2 alone. Not my cup of tea for sure.

A bold choice, not unlike the Monte Carlo Homeplate of yesterday. The bezel would worry me as it will be a scratch magnet.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I do like to see companies being adventurous and moving away from the boring well-established designs, but this looks a bit of a dog to me.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

"A face for radio..." Gopping. £2,000-£2,500 seems a LOT given the plethora of Tudors that will buy that won't make babies cry...

Master
    Had one of these recently bought off the forum. White / silver dial rather than black / red. Very Art Deco and actually quite cool. Priced at more like £1100 and at that level it made sense

I have to say it’s not for me. (Strangely I don’t mind the 3 hander though)
    It’s almost as if the designer thought “let’s design something people won’t buy”
    That said I am sure because of it’s challenging design and possible lack of sales it will go down as a classic collectible in years to come.

I had one from the forum, paid around £1200 I think and sold it within a week, didn’t bond with it at all, great value if you do like the style.

Master
    Aeronaut is slightly less 'fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down then the tree fell on it' but still not a looker.
    A lot cleaner than the iconaut though. Never got to the bottom of whether it was true or office gmt which always put it as a 'maybe' on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have to say it’s not for me. (Strangely I don’t mind the 3 hander though)
    It’s almost as if the designer thought “let’s design something people won’t buy”
    That said I am sure because of it’s challenging design and possible lack of sales it will go down as a classic collectible in years to come.
    I think that is a very valid point about it becoming a classic collectable.
    My wife used to collect the Royal Doulton Limited Edition figures of the Raymond Briggs Snowman. The only one she didn't want was the sad last figure of the Snowman after it had melted i.e a hat and scarf on a blob. That became the most valuable. A bit sick really......

I agree with everyone's comments which is what makes it such an interesting watch strangely.

I don't know what led to the change of design direction, but I'm glad it happened after seeing these!

Sent from my SM-N970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Aeronaut is slightly less 'fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down then the tree fell on it' but still not a looker.
    A lot cleaner than the iconaut though. Never got to the bottom of whether it was true or office gmt which always put it as a 'maybe' on my list.

I can’t see the photos of the Iconaut, but to be honest I think this one is a bit of a dogs dinner, too

Simon

Journeyman
    I google iconaut and trust me,it’s worse than aeronaut..

Wow, that's fugly.

It has the look of having been designed by someone who thought to themselves:
    "Design looks easy - I'll take a bash at it! We can prolly lay-off the entire design team!
    [opens MS Paint...]"

TUDOR ICONAUT

Here’s a few photos of this piece

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post

That’s the only Tudor that I’ve ever seen with “Geneva” on the face and not “Geneve”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid1ni View Post

Here’s a few photos of this piece
    And we moan about the Rolex six-digit fat lugs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Looks like something Captain Scarlet would wear to me. Definitely a love or hate design I reckon.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdairmc View Post
    That’s the only Tudor that I’ve ever seen with “Geneva” on the face and not “Geneve”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good spot !

Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app