closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Noise cancelling earphone recommendations

Noise cancelling earphone recommendations

Does anyone know of and/or can recommend wireless earphones that are like the in ear hearing aids that are advertised for the hard of hearing.

I have the opposite problem as I hear too much!

I want something that isn't obvious.

Its not to listen to music just to cancel out as much noise around me as possible.

At home I wear some big earphones that are really effective - they reduce the volume if chatter and other repetitive noises significantly. Some loud noises come through if course as the noise suppression system doesn't have time to dampen it. There no way that I would go out and about wearing these though - they are huge.

Someone at work showed me a set of wireless noise cancelling ear buds which he links to his phone to listen to music. I tried then and even without the music they dampened things down nicely. However, they were very obvious and had a bit sticking out - I would rather not walk around looking like an extra from Dr Who.

At the moment I quite often use wax ear plugs when out and about especially at social gatherings and pubs (which are an absolute nightmare for me) and they are not that noticeable. However they only last so long and are a faff.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks
    Ian

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Not a cheap option but have you thought about something like this:

https://www.acscustom.com/uk/product...ion/pro-series

I have a pair for gigs and loud places as my tinnitus became significantly worse and I needed to protect my hearing some. They came in around £200 if memory serves and I have the pro17's and where they differ from normal ear plugs is that they simply reduce the volume to more comfortable levels, all the frequencies remain (so you don't get that dull thumping from bass notes) and its just like hearing things at a reduced volume.

Master
    These are brilliant but possibly not as discreet as you want:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Macks-MCKEON623793-Ear-Seals-Earplugs/dp/B0009PVSMA

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ac82 View Post
    At £20 and looking at the reviews and discreet design I will give these a go. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

They arrived today and are very comfy.

Fitted with the maximum strength inserts they cut background noise down considerably.

Obviously they are not electronic noise cancelling things - more high quality ear plugs.

Good all the same.

Many thanks for the replies and suggestions folks.

Craftsman
    Hi, I have used the Jabra Elite 65t for over a year and the blocking of exterior noise is very good. Might be worth giving them a go?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thomas Reid
    When listening to music or audio books, I use IEMs (Inner Ear Monitors) with foam tips. They block quite a bit of ambient noise. I don't think that I would want more noise blocked than what they do.

I have some Shure SE215s, but prefer the Tennmak Pros, which are a lot cheaper, but have the same general shape as the Shures. Since they all have mmcx connectors, they can be used with wires or bluetooth and switched around. So, I have the following. 1 set of SE215s with wires, 1 set of Tennmaks with wires, and 1 set of Tennmaks with bluetooth (neckband).

Best wishes,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    They arrived today and are very comfy.

Fitted with the maximum strength inserts they cut background noise down considerably.

Obviously they are not electronic noise cancelling things - more high quality ear plugs.

Good all the same.

Many thanks for the replies and suggestions folks.
    I think you’ve probably got the best solution other than custom moulded earplugs. I don’t think anything noise cancelling would be discreet enough, or work well enough in the situations you described.

I bought the Sony MDR ZX770BN off here. They are superb!

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    I think you’ve probably got the best solution other than custom moulded earplugs. I don’t think anything noise cancelling would be discreet enough, or work well enough in the situations you described.
    That's as I suspected

I guess at some point someone will produce something that is hardly noticeable but cancels or reduces noise

I don't like having music in my ears so its not about cancelling out background noise so that I can hear that better - its more about having problems with too much sensory input in noisy environments especially when multiple conversations are going on. I have a large family and when everyone is gathered I sometimes put on my noise cancelling headphones - no music, just the noise cancelling function turned on. They don't stop all noise but muffle it to a point where my attention is not continually drawn to every interaction that is happening. As they know me then no one really comments on this - apart from a little teasing at times of course. They are not really an option at work and when I am out and about.

Ive been wearing the silicone ear plugs a bit more since I last posted and they really do help.

I can highly, highly recommend custom moulded ear plugs. I got some made a few years ago for music (gigs, clubs etc) and they're so comfortable and extremely effective. You can also choose which filter is most appropriate in dampening. I think it's worth the investment.