closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Good price for a Hulk Submariner 116610LV?

Apprentice

Good price for a Hulk Submariner 116610LV?

Hi Everyone,

New guy here :D

Just after some opinions regarding a preowned Hulk Submariner 116610LV I've found. It's being advertised at £10700 and is being sold by a watch store in London. It's described as perfect condition but there are no box or papers and they haven't advertised an estimated year. I haven't yet viewed the watch but plan to do so soon. The store has lots of positive reviews on google.

Do you guys think this is a good buy?

Thanks.

Master
    I'd never personally buy a current model watch without box and papers. Maybe a vintage piece, but definitely not this one.

I wouldn't spend that on a loose LVc.

https://www.miltonaires.com/product/8871

You could do worse than the one linked above which will be 100% genuine and no concerns.

Master
    you would have to go to Chesterl to see that and have the money in the bank as they don't do finance (I think) but you will know it's the real deal from a genuine shop. It's dated and comes with all the paperwork and it will be fetching a good price in a couple of years (if the bubble doesn't burst). might be a £1000 more but caveat emptor is the mantra for this model
    Last edited by mrushton; 10th March 2020 at 16:20.

Good price for a Hulk Submariner 116610LV?

What’s the watch like ???
    You seem more interested in box and papers which can be bought on eBay does it have any service documentation
    You say described as perfect which in my book on an older watch means it’s been polished... there are polished watches and polished watches.. condition is everything.
    £11.5k buys you an older full set hang tags with serial number etc etc possibly original purchase receipt...
    £12500-1300 buys new unmolested with provenance...
    Remember it’s a falling market but if it’s a keeper then it doesn’t matter
    Do the leg work plenty out there to choose from..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SteveM112; 10th March 2020 at 14:20.

Master
    You will get one for a 4 pack of bog roll in a couple of weeks
    Sit tight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    it’s a falling market
    No.

The greediest sellers had pushed their prices too far and have had to wind them back a bit.

Realistic selling prices for many Rolex models remain strong or rise still.

2013 bicolour Submariner 116613 put into stock at £9,899 on Saturday....sold within 24 hours. A week before, a Pepsi GMT 16710 at £9,499 was snaffled at speed, unseen, by a buyer who had to travel a long way to collect it.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 10th March 2020 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    No.

The greediest sellers had pushed their prices too far and have had to wind them back a bit.

Realistic selling prices for many Rolex models remain strong or rise still.

2013 bicolour Submariner 116613 put into stock at £9,899 on Saturday....sold within 24 hours. A week or so before, Pepsi GMT 16710 at £9,499 snaffled at speed, unseen, by a buyer who had to travel a long way to get it.
    We can always quote exceptions but in general the overheated pieces have seen steady falls in the past 6 months
    The older 5 digit models remain strong and for me still offer the best value..

Master
    We can always quote exceptions but in general the overheated pieces have seen steady falls in the past 6 months
    The older 5 digit models remain strong and for me still offer the best value..

I was giving examples to make my point, not exceptions. Small-time dealer myself - price up a few watches every day, money-where-my-mouth-is stuff, always hoping to have enough to feed the kids.

I was giving examples to make my point, not exceptions. Small-time dealer myself - price up a few watches every day, money-where-my-mouth-is stuff, always hoping to have enough to feed the kids.
    I do the leg work in and around London weekly and whatever you thoughts prices on the overheated models have taken a fall in the last 6 months with maybe the Daytona the exception holding relatively firm..
    Greedy dealers are maybe coming back into line but there is plenty of good stock available and a deal to be done..
    Stay well

Master
    in and around London
    Ah! I think we've found the problem.

Other cities and markets are available.

You could always open up somewhere down south ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Can’t argue with that..

OP - In short, pay extra for the piece of mind. And never, ever suggest Rolex are dropping in demand / price on this forum!

Apprentice
    Thanks for all the feedback so far.

Here's the link to the watch - https://www.officialwatches.com/coll...-date-116610lv

The bezel looks really bad but when I asked them about it via e-mail they responded and said the watch is in perfect condition.

They also have a buy back policy which is interesting - https://www.officialwatches.com/page...back-guarantee

I'd be looking to purchase the watch as a keeper and not as an investment.

Looks like a dog's dinner but they are a good outfit.

Master
    How old is it? The Chester one is 2014 but the London one may be 10(?) years older. If you want to keep it then another £1k on top for a mint one with everything is where I'd go. it gives you more options should you decide to sell
    Last edited by mrushton; 10th March 2020 at 16:22.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Looks like a dog's dinner but they are a good outfit.
    Lol, it really does

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    How old is it? The Chester one is 2014 but the London one may be 10(?) years older. If you want to keep it then another £1k on top for a mint one with everything is where I'd go. it gives you more options should you decide to sell
    Agreed. A mint one with everything is the better buy.

think I would be buying the one suggested in link from Haywood

what you have to consider as much as the initial buying price is how easy or hard it would be to flip a non papered one should you get bored...everyone will wan't to get it verified or be asking for service history...

at this age / watch papers and box all the way and lets be honest the one with B+P is actually costing you no more because long term it will always be ahead of a non b+p...

great watches fab in sunshine.....

Master
    I don't know...something just looks off with that watch. Add on top no B&P...walk!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I don't know...something just looks off with that watch. Add on top no B&P...walk!
    You don't know.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    think I would be buying the one suggested in link from Haywood

what you have to consider as much as the initial buying price is how easy or hard it would be to flip a non papered one should you get bored...everyone will wan't to get it verified or be asking for service history...

at this age / watch papers and box all the way and lets be honest the one with B+P is actually costing you no more because long term it will always be ahead of a non b+p...

great watches fab in sunshine.....
    Makes total sense. I'll give this one a miss. Wish the one from Haywood was in London lol

Thanks for the great advice everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NAD33M View Post
    Makes total sense. I'll give this one a miss. Wish the one from Haywood was in London lol

Haywood's shop is across the road from Liverpool Lime Street Station. Take a train ride Euston to L'pool - you would be back home for your tea

Plenty for sale in the regular haunts in and around London.. get the best you can for your budget..

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Since the OP has elected not to purchase -

It was genuine.
    It was also in mint condition following a healthy dip through the ultrasonic but it did arrive looking like it hadn't seen a clean since original purchase.

OW doesn't sell fake/replica watches and does have a strong buy-back guarantee / warranty / service centre.

I don't want to sell on here or play bidding as TZ is my playtime, but if you have concerns about the authenticity of OW stock let me know so I can at least keep the name clean on the forums.

Properly lolled

Master

Worth taking the day to go up and back for total peace of mind to me.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

It was genuine.
    It was also in mint condition following a healthy dip through the ultrasonic but it did arrive looking like it hadn't seen a clean since original purchase.

OW doesn't sell fake/replica watches and does have a strong buy-back guarantee / warranty / service centre.

I don't want to sell on here or play bidding as TZ is my playtime, but if you have concerns about the authenticity of OW stock let me know so I can at least keep the name clean on the forums.
    I never had any doubts about the authenticity. The reason for the thread was to find out people's thoughts on how important papers are.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I was replying to comments regarding something looking off and reassurances about genuine watches elsewhere. Not to anything you said :)

Apprentice
    I was replying to comments regarding something looking off and reassurances about genuine watches elsewhere. Not to anything you said :)
    Phew! I read your post probably 10 times wondering if I inadvertently implied something was wrong. I'm actually really impressed with Official watches, especially the buy back policy.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    All good in the hood.

I don't get it when people aren't wiling to travel for something they want. This is a circa £10k watch so if the right one pops up, why wouldn't you be prepared to travel? Make a day of it. To me, part of the ownership experience is the thrill of the chase!

It was genuine.

Out of interest why would the picture be uploaded pre-cleaning? The state of the bezel would massively put my off (coming from a complete novice collector, but I do own an LVC).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    I don't get it when people aren't wiling to travel for something they want. This is a circa £10k watch so if the right one pops up, why wouldn't you be prepared to travel? Make a day of it. To me, part of the ownership experience is the thrill of the chase!
    Different people have different circumstances. Some are able to take time out to travel, and others aren’t due to other commitments. For some, £10k is a big purchase, for others it is not

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Out of interest why would the picture be uploaded pre-cleaning? The state of the bezel would massively put my off (coming from a complete novice collector, but I do own an LVC).
    Volume and turnover really.
    Take pictures as soon as used watch comes in, send it to service centre, update pics on return if unsold.
    If it's an unworn watch we can use stock images or awaiting image markers before they're photographed but with used it's better to go warts n all and let people know that it's being inspected/cleaned and will be ready to view in x days.