closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Identification assistance

Identification assistance

I was hoping that someone might be able to throw some light on this thing I have had for many years, I haven't been able to find anything similar, I was hoping the symbol which looks like an "N" with a line over the top might ring a bell , thanks in advance ...

Is it a watch?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Hmmmm…
    I am guessing early Victorinox Swiss Army watch that sort of looks like a Heuer Bund if you squint a bit, but…
    The markings on the rear are interesting. They don’t follow any format I am familiar with but could ST be an abbreviation for Staffle = Squadron
    536 = a unit
    And then the number below be a serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Hmmmm…
    I am guessing early Victorinox Swiss Army watch that sort of looks like a Heuer Bund if you squint a bit, but…
    The markings on the rear are interesting. They don’t follow any format I am familiar with but could ST be an abbreviation for Staffle = Squadron
    536 = a unit
    And then the number below be a serial number?
    Thanks for that, I don't imagine it is a proper military watch, the case back is just a push fit so, not very water resistant. The movement is nice in that the centre chrono second hand seem to advance in 0.25 sec increments rather than 1 sec.

The line over the N is called a 'vinculum'. It's usually a mathematical term & I'm not sure of its purpose here.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Thanks for that, I don't imagine it is a proper military watch, the case back is just a push fit so, not very water resistant. The movement is nice in that the centre chrono second hand seem to advance in 0.25 sec increments rather than 1 sec.
    Plenty of issued watches have poor water resistance, some have press on case backs

it looks more like TT to my untrained eye. too wide for N.