closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Why is Ryan's Watch Red

Why is Ryan's Watch Red

*** These ramblings of a madman contain spoilers if anyone is thinking of watching Godzilla King of Monsters. ***

Okay, let's set the scene. Saturday night and the football has finished and I am thinking about watching a film. Before I get to my chosen film, I should add that every film that I watch seems to involve a gang of baddies who run into a room and kill everybody with automatic guns, followed by the master criminal who strolls in with a smug self satisfied look on his chops. Believe me, if I watched Mary Poppins it would happen in the bank just before they are off to the park to fly a kite.

After searching for ages I came up with Godzilla King of Monsters. Now instead of worrying about baddies I immediately thought of the recent Seiko limited edition and of course Ryan's watch. I thought I will watch this film and see if I can discover why his watch is Red. Completely sad, but true.

The film starts and we are in an underground bunker, lots of scientist types with computers and a huge grub like thing suspended by strange electronic forcefields. A few minutes in and the baddies dressed in snow coats looking like extras from Where Eagles Dare pile in and gun everybody down followed by our master criminal who on this occasion was Charles Dance. Thank you Hollywood, two boxes ticked already, baddies with guns and a British villain. If it hadn't have been Charles Dance it would have been Mark Strong.

The baddies head off to Antarctica because a three headed hydra is encased in ice and after loads of explosions it is freed. At this point my mind is wandering and I am thinking of Jason and the Argonauts and how fit Kim Novak was before she messed with her face. Anyway back to the plot, the hydra turns out to be a baddie as well and wants to rule the Monsters.

At this point Godzilla has been missing for years, but they find him, wake him up and somehow tell him to go after the hydra. Now at this point Godzilla starts omitting blue lights and attempts to bring the hydra down with a powerful blue beam, not unlike the avitars on here. But wait, does that mean that Seiko got it wrong and Ryan's Watch should in fact be blue.

If Godzilla won it would be a boring film, so the hydra win at this stage. Think Ali v Frazier, there are bound to be rematches before this thing is sorted. Eventually the military step in and decide they need to release an atomic bomb by Godzilla in order to wake him up again and give him extra powers. He seems to spend a lot of time resting does old Godzilla. Anyway, a brave Japanese scientist decides to sacrifice himself in order to deploy the bomb and off it goes.

Godzilla awakes and starts to glow, only this time it is red. There is cheering from the couch at this, well done Seiko. He goes after the hydra and gets redder and redder, the scientists keep shouting he's going to blow and eventually he lets off huge powerful red beans and kills the hydra and in a scene reminiscent of The Lion King all the other Monsters crowd round to bow down before their new king and the film ends.

So what have we learnt. 1) Seiko got it right 2) Ryan's watch should indeed be Red and finally 3) I really must stop watching crap films

You heard it here first: Scouse scientist discovers crack is an effective corona virus cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    The case back image doesn't quite look like any of the Godzilla's I remember. Also why red dial? I would have thought blue to match his atomic flame breath would have been the more obvious choice.

Love the Godzilla link up, but for me it could have been better thought out.
    I'm working my way through the Showa Era boxset as we speak, have always loved the old Godzilla movies. New ones have been a disappointment overall.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 9th March 2020 at 14:38.