closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Generation Seiko Laurel Alpinist - A Restoration Tale

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Let's be honest, anything is more interesting than that.
    Less responses on this thread though, the AD kept my cards got 500 responses

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Less responses on this thread though, the AD kept my cards got 500 responses

The bund strap has arrived from Hong Kong (incredibly quickly given the current circumstances) and is a great piece of kit for very little money. Less than £13 as I recall.

Perception is a wonderful thing, as soon as I put the watch on this strap it suddenly looks and feels a lot bigger. On the bracelet it looks and feels 35mm, but on this strap it wears more like a 38mm watch. The strap is also very comfortable and gives it that original look. Just need to find some Japanese mountains to climb now

Bunds can do that - my smallest watch is a UG Wilhelmina and one makes a 30mm watch wearable.

I can't help thinking that the grain on that strap is a little busy and overwhelms the patina of the dial a little; I think I would have looked for a grey Bund.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I can't help thinking that the grain on that strap is a little busy and overwhelms the patina of the dial a little; I think I would have looked for a grey Bund.
    Can always buy another at some point. I did look at the plain colours such as Black, Brown, Grey etc and the earlier pics I posted of the watch on a Black leather strap do sort of drain the Watch a little. I wanted something with a bit of a pattern on it. I think I was looking for something that would blend with the Watch rather than be almost invisible behind it if that makes sense.

Yes, I think it does.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

This thread deserves a bump just because it's very interesting and informative, but in case it also inspired some one to be on the lookout for a Laurel Alpinist there's an interesting option out there. Apparently NOS and not cheap (certainly not in my budget) but you don't see this every day:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/h1021194613

Craftsman
    Yikes.. 4.5k currently and not done yet... there was one of these that went through YJ a couple of months back - minus box/tags/bund - think that was a shade under 2k finishing price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    This thread deserves a bump just because it's very interesting and informative, but in case it also inspired some one to be on the lookout for a Laurel Alpinist there's an interesting option out there. Apparently NOS and not cheap (certainly not in my budget) but you don't see this every day:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...on/h1021194613
    Thanks for bumping up the thread, I must have missed it before.
    No thanks for making me eyeball the SPB245 again, though!