closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cloning an electric garage door remote

Cloning an electric garage door remote

Can any recommend a garage door remote cloning fob? I have a need to copy our only working fob.

Looking on Amazon the reviews for all the cloning replacement fobs were very mixed so ordering the best of a bad bunch I feared the worst and was proved correct!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboy View Post
    Can any recommend a garage door remote cloning fob? I have a need to copy our only working fob.

Looking on Amazon the reviews for all the cloning replacement fobs were very mixed so ordering the best of a bad bunch I feared the worst and was proved correct!

Tom
    I have electric gates where I live and the gate supply company wanted 25 quid for a single fob so I purchased these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know they're currently listed as unavailable but search for others, there was loads when I looked at the time.

They work an absolute treat

Google the instructions for your receiver/motor, and then go to this site: https://www.garage-door-remotes.co.uk/

there will most likely be a ‘synchronise’ function in the garage unit, that pairs a new remote.

Pretty sure that the supplying company includes the intstructions with each fob

Worked for me.

Craftsman
    Can you tell me the make or post a picture of the original remote, I work with Roller doors & have a few old spares here that may be suitable. If I do happen to have a matching one I'll post it to you.

Regarding cloning, some companies used a specific code that isn't easy to copy in order to be able to charge a small fortune for replacements.

If your opener is 2 wire bell switch style opener , it could be cheaper to buy a complete set I bought one from amazon with two remotes for £30. Also then added a smart opener i can open from my phone for £20.

We’ve got electric gates and garage and they use different modes. The gate remotes can be cloned as the security is “static” but the garage uses a “rolling code” or something meaning you can only buy from the supplier who will code it to your specific unit. Apparently. I bought a gate remote from amazon and cloned it using the current unit and it worked fine.

Worth checking though.

Quote Originally Posted by wads View Post
    Can you tell me the make or post a picture of the original remote, I work with Roller doors & have a few old spares here that may be suitable. If I do happen to have a matching one I'll post it to you.

Regarding cloning, some companies used a specific code that isn't easy to copy in order to be able to charge a small fortune for replacements.
    Really generous offer thank you. I will get some pics up tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    If your opener is 2 wire bell switch style opener , it could be cheaper to buy a complete set I bought one from amazon with two remotes for £30. Also then added a smart opener i can open from my phone for £20.
    My garage door controller unit recently packed in and I was quoted £470 for a new one!
    Instead I got a different one inc 2 remotes from ebay for £35!

Have you got a link for the smart opener as I’m looking to add this functionality.