closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hermes. Postal Disaster.

Master
    Blog Entries

Hermes. Postal Disaster.

Ordered a cheap beater from Amazon (USA). Got an email from Hermes saying your parcel has been delivered to your porch with a photograph attached as proof of delivery.

Went down stairs. NO parcel, neighbours hadn’t taken it in.

Looked at the delivery picture, which was a blurred image of the colour brown.

Fkg splendid. Tried to contact Herpes, no joy, an email address that bounced back...... Total Dog sh1#t service

Contacted Amazon.com. They bent over backwards to apologise and refunded the total amount.

I asked them to escalate the problem as Landmark get the watch from the US to UK then Hermes do the final local delivery.

Can’t believe how bad Hermes is.... Anyone else had problems??

10/10 for Amazon.

Master
    Yup! My mrs is complaining that her parcel was supposed to arrive yesterday and got a message saying attempted delivery at 19.30 but we haven’t heard the doorbell or anyone on our cctv....

Same again today, supposed to be delivered between 7-9pm, still no news.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Ordered a cheap beater from Amazon (USA). Got an email from Hermes saying your parcel has been delivered to your porch with a photograph attached as proof of delivery.

Went down stairs. NO parcel, neighbours hadn’t taken it in.

Looked at the delivery picture, which was a blurred image of the colour brown.

Fkg splendid. Tried to contact Herpes, no joy, an email address that bounced back...... Total Dog sh1#t service

Contacted Amazon.com. They bent over backwards to apologise and refunded the total amount.

I asked them to escalate the problem as Landmark get the watch from the US to UK then Hermes do the final local delivery.

Can’t believe how bad Hermes is.... Anyone else had problems??

10/10 for Amazon.

Hermes UK are no problem (450+ parcels all successfully received/delivered).

Hermes International however are the only company to use if you don't want your parcel delivered. They outsource to Landmark who are simply dreadful, as per the online reviews easily findable via Google. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/la...bal.com?page=3

Master
    Wasn't with Hermes, but DPD Local left a fully boxed guitar on my doorstep in plain view even though I had asked them to deliver to my neighbour. Worked out OK in the end but shocking behaviour. Their system showed it as being delivered somewhere else!

Master
    Must admit that Hermes have always been flawless for me. Although aroudn my neck of the woods, they all seem fantastic, smiles and have a nice day etc. Perhaps they just don't have the stressful workload couriers in other areas do. When I was in London, now that's when I had some crappy experiences with most of them (other than DPD), and I once spent almost a week sat on a sofa waiting for them to finally work out where my datejust was meant to be delivered.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn't recommend Hermes.

In the UK totally depends on the agent who does the "last mile".

Hermes are in a race to the bottom with Yodel. I used to run an online retail business - endless problems with Hermes, sending and receiving, ended-up only using Royal Mail, despite the higher cost.

Most parcels carriers have problems, and in almost all cases it is with the depots where people thieve out-of-sight of anyone that might care. With Hermes, the delivery drivers are so badly paid and treated they last only for a very short period of time (IME), and supplement their appalling pay with other people's goods....

Avoid at all costs.

Master
    Hermes has been v reliable for me in rural Scotland.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    No major problems with Hermes here in Shropshire.
    Usually the same driver.
    Intelligence and friendly.

Best not give my thoughts on Yodel.

Journeyman
    I'm trying to remember who delivered my JLC Master Chronograph (sector dial). I bought it via Chrono24 (new) and whoever delivered it left it outside the door of my flat while I was at work. A £6k watch?! Luckily nobody pinched it, but I'm not sure what would have happened if it had gone - or even if I had come back and it was "gone".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    In the UK totally depends on the agent who does the "last mile".
    In my experience, exactly this.

I get a lot of delivery by Hermes and, so far(!), it's been good.

My impression is that all mass market couriers, not just Hermes and Yodel, are cutting costs to the absolute minimum possible and making delivery agents deliver effectively impossible numbers of items per day.

Here's the truth though: Mostly it works. Mostly it works very well indeed. Whilst there are problems, there will be problems for any mass market service no matter what price it is pitched at. Taken at a large scale commercial level, it seems that the proportion of deliveries that go wrong for Hermes, Yodel, etc. is still acceptable.

There’s a Hermes depot over the back from my warehouse. Every morning there’s 10 drivers laying out hundreds of parcels on the floor outside (wind, rain, snow - whatever the weather) to number them and sort them into their cars or vans. Having seen the state of some of these items I’d never use them to send anything.

Our local Hermes driver at home, however, is really good.

Journeyman
    Hermes in the US are not reliable

Hermes. Postal Disaster.

All parcel companies are exactly the same .. I have this probably 3-4 times a week with them all.. signed for parcels left on step in full view of anyone passing and most of the time I am at home they don’t even knock or ring the bell...
    Luckily I have CCTV which alerts me to any event.
    Our local Hermes driver is great we always have a chat and very reliable..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SteveM112; 7th March 2020 at 08:09.

Master
    I find Hermes unreliable, they have left parcels in my porch which was not mine(ours) also lost parcels of ours...not good!

Master
    I’m not sure I have ever had anything successfully delivered by Hermes to my current address! In their defence, I am often out when they try to deliver but I have never received a calling card or a delivery even when I am in.

I assume too many deliveries on the route and driver doesn’t stop at half of them. All the items just go back to the sender and I haven’t ordered anything which has knowingly been shipped by them as a result for the last year or so.

Perhaps I am just unlucky with the driver as where I used to live, driver was great and I have sent things to other people with no problem?!?

Master
    Hermes seem to have lost two small parcels I wanted returned to Amazon, so I'm not overly impressed.

Not had issues. I have, however, had Fedex leave a watch outside in the rain on my doorstep - which was meant to be a signed for service.

Hermes are shocking round my way, delivered a parcel yesterday with card through door saying “over fence”
    Not in my garden but my neighbours, in the grass and raining most of the day.
    I would never use Hermes or Yodel as they are consistently bad, but then in fairness I use UPS for business and they are not great, constantly lying about delivery times even though they know the truth is on cctv.

Craftsman
    Hermes left a parcel what cost £400 at my side door in the rain

Had a 'delivery' on Thursday (ebay - 'Other 48hr Courier'). Hermes tracking says package delivered ('Signed for by business' ??). Except it wasn't. Nor was it with neighbours. So I'm stuffed. Not a particularly expensive item (£30). Have to wonder (a) why drivers do this and (b) what do they do with all these undelivered parcels. Toss 'em over a hedge somewhere?
    Last edited by Geralt; 7th March 2020 at 09:31.

Master

Hermes. Postal Disaster.

I’ve had several bad experiences with them. Their customer services is non existent.

I simply won’’t buy from a company that dispatches via myherpes.

I ordered a rugby shirt for my father during the World Cup. They claimed it had been delivered and he’’d signed for it. We have CCTV on his house and no attempt was made. It was after we reported the theft to the Police that we started to get any action via the Rugby Store as we did not get an answer fromHerpes.

Avoid if you can .
    Last edited by joe narvey; 7th March 2020 at 09:50.

We use Hermes several times a week to send parcels via Parcel2Go.
    Never had a problem in nearly 3 years of business that hasn’t been resolved
    Any parcel company is only as good as the delivery driver and that I guess is lucky dip.

My step mum ordered some shoes that Hermes failed to deliver, company apologised sent another pair. Card through door saying left in doorstep... Nothing. Ending up collecting them from a store.

Fast forward to the winter when the leaves fell off the large bush in the front garden revealing 2 plastic bags containing shoes.

I had yodel leave a watch I'd bought on eBay on my doorstep, gone when I got in. eBay claimed signed delivery even though I pointed out their card said left outside so how could it be signed for? Luckily my neighbour handed it to me a week or so later when they came back from their holiday. They'd seen it on the doorstep in full view of the street and saved it for me.

Craftsman
    Hermes left a bag of coffee beans outside my door while I was having a shower. I came out while a dog walker was 'inspecting" it. He got a shock as I only had a towel on and being 20 stone it's not a pretty sight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would agree the service seems to depend on the delivery agent.

I've had plenty of stuff delivered by them and don't recall any problems at all.

I had two frames delivered last week by a different firm (forget which one) and they were left outside my front door in the rain with a claim online that I had signed for delivery!

Luckily I saw the delivery notice and found them before the packaging turned to soggy porridge!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    I've generally been lucky with Hermes where I am now because they're the only courier who always send the same delivery agent and he's a decent guy.

I forget which one started sending those photos as "proof" of delivery. It wasn't Hermes though. I had an item go missing and the photo they sent was a picture of the address plate outside my building. It was an identical photo to one they'd sent before, so all that proved was that the delivery agent had been to my location at least once in their life. I haven't had one of those for over a year, so I expect they realised how stupid the whole idea was and stopped doing it.

A lot of the couriers do track where their delivery agents have been using GPS. So they will take "the agent was at your address" as proof that they delivered, or attempted to deliver something. I've had couriers do a drive-by and not even bother to ring the buzzer. Then I get a text message saying "sorry, you were out" when I've been waiting in for something. I get that one a lot with DPD.

Master
    Hermes delivery is ok round our way,I feel sorry for the drivers not something I would want to do in a million years welcome to 21st century slave labour uk

Had an issue with Hermes recently when they tried to deliver a watch bought from a third party seller at Amazon, I instructed online for a re-delivery to my neighbour the next day. The following day I tracked it until delivered so was looking forward to collecting it from the neighbour. When I got home I found a blue packet complete with Hermes stickers, barcodes etc and inside was an opened white padded envelope addressed to me. I checked with my neighbour and they had not signed for any delivery. I contacted the seller and he confirmed that the watch and box was sent in a white padded envelope. So whoever (have a guess) stole the watch, put the original packaging in a new envelope, reproduced the delivery sticker, redelivered it and forged my signature as the recipient when there was no one in. I was sent a replacement but it shows you want can go on.

Craftsman
    Although not a Hermes delivery, I had a ton of hassle with DHL recently after ordering something on Amazon. Twice I was in, car on the driveway, and no knock or doorbell. Just a note straight through the porch. Echoing what the OP said, Amazon were incredible with their customer service to get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Although not a Hermes delivery, I had a ton of hassle with DHL recently after ordering something on Amazon. Twice I was in, car on the driveway, and no knock or doorbell. Just a note straight through the porch. Echoing what the OP said, Amazon were incredible with their customer service to get it sorted.
    Had that twice with DPD. Card said was in the porch (allegedly our 'safe' place). We don't have a porch and was just left on doorstep + pictured there on their app.

Funnily enough just this week I had a bottle of aftershave ordered online delivered by Hermes. Notification said it had been left in the porch, with a photo of my porch. Wasn’t in the porch at all (knew it wouldn’t be as the porch is locked). I found it on my back lawn - which meant the guy had walked down the side of the house and frisbeed it over the 6ft fence. Good job it wasn’t something easily breakable. Clowns.

Craftsman
    My experience has been mixed mostly good but I had one package arrive battered and soaked. I think all of these companies are much the same to be honest it is slightly about having good luck

We’re dead lucky where we live, as the Hermes agent who does the ‘last mile’ is brilliant. Seriously. She once drove to find me as I was walking the dog, so that she didn’t have to take the parcel back/arrange another delivery. She has an excellent and well deserved reputation. However, it really is down to that ‘last mile’ bit. The agent who covers the next village is different and by all accounts dreadful.

We are a bit out in the sticks though, which I think helps, as most of the delivery drivers, whichever company they work for, know their regular customers pretty well, including preferences like alternate locations.

So, I’m now thinking myself lucky but am also thinking that I’ve no doubt stitched myself up for a really rubbish experience sometime very soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Had a 'delivery' on Thursday (ebay - 'Other 48hr Courier'). Hermes tracking says package delivered ('Signed for by business' ??). Except it wasn't. Nor was it with neighbours. So I'm stuffed. Not a particularly expensive item (£30). Have to wonder (a) why drivers do this and (b) what do they do with all these undelivered parcels. Toss 'em over a hedge somewhere?
    I say pursue it. Me being me, I'd pursue it all the way to court should it be necessary.

Used parcel 2 go to book Hermes
    For the return of a car cover. 10 days later the cover was returned to me - basically I paid sixty quid fir it to go on holiday for a week.

We've never had an issue with Hermes until this week, £30 jacket sent to Cumbria, tracking says it was delivered and signed for but there's no trace of the item and no signature available to see online,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    I say pursue it. Me being me, I'd pursue it all the way to court should it be necessary.
    Quite understandable. However, me being me, I couldn't do with the hassle. My understanding is that the delivery contract is between the ebay seller and Hermes, not Hermes and me. Have had no response from seller via ebay which doesn't bode well. Probably thinks I'm trying to scam them. Hermes and seller will say the (tracked) package was delivered and no doubt ebay would side with them. I could well be wrong, but Hermes delivery muppets must know this. No doubt they pull into a lay-by at the end of their shift, toss a few packages over a hedge and mark them as delivered. Lesson learned. I'm going to avoid 'Other 48hr Courier' sellers like the plague from now on!
    Last edited by Geralt; 8th March 2020 at 10:54.

Craftsman
    You get what You pay for.Cheap but the drivers are paid per item they deliver.That means leave it anywhere they can.

Blog Entries
    My understanding is that the delivery contract is between the ebay seller and Hermes, not Hermes and me.
    That's correct. It is the vendor with whom you ultimately pursue it (if you want), having exhausted other channels. Right now, eBay and PayPal are your channels.

My other half ordered herself a cardigan from Next. Hermes emailed the tracking number yesterday and said it would be delivered today between 10am and 2pm. She's just checked her email to find another one from Hermes saying your package was delivered and signed for at 11:55 at our home address. Nothing on the doorstep, the doorbell hasn't rung and the neighbours know nothing about it. Rang Next, they didn't sound surprised and are shipping a replacement to be delivered tomorrow, well done Next!

Good to know amazon took care of your refund, hope you will be able to find and get the watch again.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Hermes have been in touch today to inform my parcel was delivered safely to the buyer, but, as it was heavier than declared I have an excess to pay, they claim it 2.05kg when in fact it was 650 grams, replied telling them to return the parcel and also unless I was posting lead-or similar- a parcel that size could not weigh 2kg+, until it is proved I made a mistake they can sing for their cash, awaiting their reply.

Master
    Just arrived home to find £120 pair of boots in my black bin- a receptacle for rubbish!😡

I had two deliveries come from hermes yesterday. Both delivered separately outside the times they stated. Both left on the front step in the rain, in full view of anyone walking past. Hermes is garbage.

Apprentice
    Could be worse, when I was with Rentokil they owned City Link parcels. We had a complaint come in from a homeowner that one of the drivers had taken a dump in their back garden, they were found out because the bright spark had used a number of the "sorry you weren't in" cards as loo paper! We ended up selling the business for £1 in the end because it was so bloody awful!!

Craftsman
    Had the same kind of issue. Had a parcel send from NL to the UK, normally takes 2-3 days.
    This time Hermes did the last part of the delivery in the UK and it took almost 3 weeks.
    No customer service with Hermes (international), no phone number that is of any use, no email address, website doesn't provide any usable info.
    Nightmare...

Smile

A (£400 new) padlock was making it’s way through Hermes system when it suddenly disappeared. They advised me just to get a refund from the eBay seller after admitting they lost it. The vendor offered to send me another one, but I really didn’t want him to have the hassle again, so I did without. Saying all this I have had plenty of successful deliveries from them, and the company that they contract out to here are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    A (£400 new) padlock was making it’s way through Hermes system when it suddenly disappeared. They advised me just to get a refund from the eBay seller after admitting they lost it. The vendor offered to send me another one, but I really didn’t want him to have the hassle again, so I did without. Saying all this I have had plenty of successful deliveries from them, and the company that they contract out to here are great.
    Crazy, so it’s the eBayer sellers fault that Hermes lost it