closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help Please

Help Please

I have an Invicta 90940B (dodging the flack) with a lovely blue dial which I purchased quite cheaply a few years ago. It is fitted with an NH35A movement which ran "within spec'" until I fell over, clouting the watch, and then started to lose quite a lot. Idid manage to get it regulated manually to about +10 spd but thought I could get "better".
    After months of fettling I have now "mullered" it.
    If it runs for any length of time it gains about 5 minutes within an hour and then only if the crown is either up or down.
    The cost of a service/repair would probably be far more than the watch is worth.
    Is it possible to replace easily the auto' movement with a quartz movement (more flack dodging) possibly a PC32/32A as fitted in the quartz version of this watch.
    I do like the whole look of this watch and could source a complete replacement however I would rather at least try and fix it before binning it.
    Thanks for your time.
    John B.

Gaining that much time per hour is pointing to a hairspring problem imo. Check that none of the coils are sticking together and it's also worth demagnetising it too.

Thanks for the help Lampoc.
    I've had a good look at the coils and can't see any problems there however I can't see behind the support.
    I haven't as yet got a demagnetizer but one is now on order.
    Tools are always usefull.