closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Apple TV vs Samsung TV App

Master

Apple TV vs Samsung TV App

Struggling to get to the bottom of it, but keep having sound glitches and lip syncing issues on the Netflix and Amazon apps when using the native Samsung tv apps.

Would I be better off getting an Apple TV to use for these, or am I just wasting £150 to do so. Used to have a 2nd gen one that I sold when I got the smart tv and wonder if I made a mistake.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before spending that money on an Apple TV I would buy a Chromecast. My TVs have Android TV built in but a Chromecast for £30 or a Chromecast Ultra for £69 would be what I'd go for first.

Master
    Interesting, had defaulted to Apple given everything else is iPhone, iPad & MacBook

I have the apps via my Samsung TV but also have a 4th gen Apple TV and Sky Q. I have all the relevant apps on both of those.

I find i use Sky Q more than Apple TV when I don't use the native app on the TV if problems occur.

I personally only got Apple TV for mirroring - it is expensive for what you get. Saying that, you get 12 months Apple TV Plus subscription (£4.99 per month normal) for 12 months with new Apple products - I've just got it with my phone, so have that setup in Apple TV (not used yet though)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I have the apps via my Samsung TV but also have a 4th gen Apple TV and Sky Q. I have all the relevant apps on both of those.

I find i use Sky Q more than Apple TV when I don't use the native app on the TV if problems occur.

I personally only got Apple TV for mirroring - it is expensive for what you get. Saying that, you get 12 months Apple TV Plus subscription (£4.99 per month normal) for 12 months with new Apple products - I've just got it with my phone, so have that setup in Apple TV (not used yet though)
    I always forget Netflix is on sky apps, just a shame they don’t have amazon too as would be perfect then!