closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Explorer 2 Eye Candy

Quote Originally Posted by diver527 View Post
    Every photo you take makes me lusting after the watch in question. You would destroy the phrase you can't polish a turd! Excellent skills

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hahaa, thank you man! Now that's a compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Train me in your mystical ways of watch photos, these are absolutely stunning!

Seriously, I bet you'd get people interested if you ever did want to gather some folk in your area together to have fun taking some watch shots. Big crossover between folk interested in photography and watches I think.

Tnx. We do have occasional GTG's but on these there is no time to discuss photography, too much time and effort is spent on booze and meat

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think we should club together to buy this talented photographer a Grand Seiko. If he can make the Explorer II look this amazing (nice watch but agricultural compared to the Seiko) imagine what he could do with a GS with all the polished facets!!!
    Woa, I'm in. And let's make it challenging, something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Nono View Post
    Tnx. We do have occasional GTG's but on these there is no time to discuss photography, too much time and effort is spent on booze and meat
    Understandable!

Whoa! That is amazing!
    Hahaa, thank you man! Now that's a compliment!

Woa, I'm in. And let's make it challenging, something like this

Job done, have a great weekend all!

When you can't get on the list for Pepsi, the Coke will do just fine

Still waterproof!

Master
    This thread is not helping me....
    if anyone has not yet seen my WTB for one of these, please get in touch

Thanks for this thread... rainy Sunday = 300 mile round trip and significant overs paid for a 2020 example!

Actually, great job; have been hankering for ages and am glad to have been spurred on by your cracking images

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

So, what's the expectations for these continuing beyond the forthcoming anniversary in this form? Been told by more than one dealer that an announcement from Rolex is scheduled for Sept in place of Basel.

Milgauss and Exp II redesigns on the cards?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post
    So, what's the expectations for these continuing beyond the forthcoming anniversary in this form? Been told by more than one dealer that an announcement from Rolex is scheduled for Sept in place of Basel.

My chap who has taken far too much money off me over the years at my local Rolex AD does think the Explorer11 will be discontinued in it's current form and therefore push up second hand prices.

As for it's replacement most rumours are a better movement and a ceramic bezel.
    Last edited by mjc1216; 18th August 2020 at 09:35. Reason: fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    My chap who has taken far too much money off me over the years at my local Rolex AD does think the Explorer11 will be discontinued in it's current form and therefore push up second hand prices.

As for it's replacement most rumours are a better movement and a ceramic bezel.
    The Explorer 12?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    The Explorer 12?
    I did edit once because of fat fingers...maybe it's too early in the morning for me...

Master
    I agree the photos you take Nono are fabulous. Have you ever thought of doing a photo session for watch owners at a GTG? I'm sure a lot of members would pay well for photos of their treasures!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I agree the photos you take Nono are fabulous. Have you ever thought of doing a photo session for watch owners at a GTG? I'm sure a lot of members would pay well for photos of their treasures!
    Tnx mate. Haven't really thought about it, but I did take photos at various GTG's. It's not the same, there is a lot of people involved, very crowdy, and the light and conditions are not the same. It would be very difficult to produce the same type of photos as these on the spot

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pupp View Post

I keep a stickered brand new one in the safe (which admittedly is a shame), mainly as I'm waiting to see what happens with this september announcement. If I were a betting man I reckon it'll be next year however as 2021 is the anniversary.

Nothing is predictable with Rolex however-people forget that this model is actually the 40th anniversary watch so sort of special in it's own right. Rolex may decide the Explorer II has had it's anniversary and be done with it.

Mon-Thu

Friday!!!

Apprentice

Rolex Explorer 2 Eye Candy

My pair of explorer 2’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Job done, have a great weekend all!

I have that laptop but unfortunately not that watch, love a polar exp II. Don’t think I will get one Defore the rumoured 2021 changes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    I have that laptop but unfortunately not that watch, love a polar exp II. Don’t think I will get one Defore the rumoured 2021 changes.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Did you had the same problems with Killer WiFi?

Here is the new moody set

Photos are amazing, thanks for sharing.

Tnx mate

They shoud called it SnowDweller though...

I hope they don’t put a ceramic bezel on any replacement next year. It would be a real shame to loose the defining characteristics of one of the few Professional models that is a bit different. The radial polished steel bezel is too nice to loose and it would come at a time where this look is becoming very popular (with other brands).

Sadly, I know Rolex design department have a strong desire to change things that don’t need changing. As the engineering improves the aesthetics often pay the price.

Christmas colors

Tnx mate

They shoud called it SnowDweller though...

This is THE best Explorer 2 photo period

Blog Entries
    Did you had the same problems with Killer WiFi?

Here is the new moody set

Love that picture
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I love my explorer 2 mine is the black dial with the red gmt hand 2004 vintage great pictures by the way

If one day i will buy one Rolex, will be this one. It is really nice watch. It is perfect.
    There is a long waiting list for a new?
    Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I got a call from my AD yesterday morning saying they finally have one for me (Polar). I put my name on the list back in January 20 and forgot about it. I told them I'd have a think and let them know on Monday which was fine with them. After seeing the amazing pictures on here and the versatility of the watch (love it on the blue Nato), I think my mind is made up and i'll be adding to the collection again. Told the wife I'd be good this year but it looks like I will have lasted just 4 days.......

Craftsman
    Well done,
    I have my name down for one and am looking at my other options without the wait as the Explorer Polar would be the ideal watch for me on both looks and size and would be a daily wear for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    So I got a call from my AD yesterday morning saying they finally have one for me (Polar). I put my name on the list back in January 20 and forgot about it. I told them I'd have a think and let them know on Monday which was fine with them. After seeing the amazing pictures on here and the versatility of the watch (love it on the blue Nato), I think my mind is made up and i'll be adding to the collection again. Told the wife I'd be good this year but it looks like I will have lasted just 4 days.......
    You have done well to get the call...i have a very good contact at a local Rolex AD and these are being discontinued in 2021 and supply of these watches are getting even harder to source as production has stopped.

Even my contact dosen't know if the new model will have a ceramic bezel like most people are assuming but having had mine over 7 years it's the only watch i will never sell.
    Last edited by mjc1216; 3rd January 2021 at 22:50.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    You have done well to get the call...i have a very good contact at a local Rolex AD and these are being discontinued in 2021 and supply of these watches are getting even harder to source as production has stopped.

Even my contact dosen't know if the new model will have a ceramic bezel like most people are assuming but having had mine over 7 years it's the only watch i will never sell.
    It's the one thing that's been putting me off to be honest. I love the look of the Explorer ii Polar and will probably buy it but will they replace it with something nicer (better movement, materials etc) this year. No one really knows, just rumors but it is a bit of a gamble I guess
    Last edited by ataripower; 3rd January 2021 at 23:02.

Blog Entries
    It's the one thing that's been putting me off to be honest. I love the look of the Explorer ii Polar and will probably buy it but will they replace it with something nicer (better movement, materials etc) this year. No one really knows, just rumors but it is a bit of a gamble I guess
    If you don't want it there are plenty of people who will! They really are a great watch, I wouldn't hesitate. If they did bring out a new model there's no guarantee you'd get one anyway. An Explorer 2 in the hand is better than an Explorer 3 in your mind!

Gratuitous Explorer II photo (I like it on the leather strap as well!)

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    If you don't want it there are plenty of people who will! They really are a great watch, I wouldn't hesitate. If they did bring out a new model there's no guarantee you'd get one anyway. An Explorer 2 in the hand is better than an Explorer 3 in your mind!
    Yep, I think mtagrant has a running WTB for one.

There is a guarantee btw. If (when) the new Explorer II is released later on this year he will absolutely not be offered one. I'd buy now.

2021 will surely be a Year of Explorer (50'th Anv) and by all means they will upgrade the Polar and Ex1 to newer standards. New movement is to be expected, but as for the looks, well I'm not so sure the Ex2 will get a ceramic bezel. I find it too extreme step for Rolex, they tend to upgrade with millimeter differences.
    They won't make it bigger, that's for sure, only smaller. And if that's the case, sign me up any day for current model :)

Last edited by Nono; 4th January 2021 at 17:12.

Will be interesting to see what they do. I also think a ceramic bezel is way too extreme for them. With the Sub range now 41mm I can't see them going back to 40mm.

Triplock crown, model text below the hands, glide lock clasp would be good upgrades.

Craftsman
    I'm not so sure, the ceramic bezel matches the ethos of the original in that it's more hard wearing against scratches and damage against rocks.

What could be interesting is a steel grey coloured ceramic bezel with black arabic 24hr markers and | dividers.

Not sure they're brave enough to move away from the white gold/painted dial markers back to painted lime.

They just need to fix the size and/or proportions.

Hopefully it keeps the steel bezel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Will be interesting to see what they do. I also think a ceramic bezel is way too extreme for them. With the Sub range now 41mm I can't see them going back to 40mm.

Triplock crown, model text below the hands, glide lock clasp would be good upgrades.
    I tend to agree with the above...still 42mm triplock crown glide lock clasp and upgraded movement BUT instead of the ceramic bezel i think they may throw in some colour...not sure if dial or hands or text but that is my guess.

Time will tell as it's happening.

Don't see why they would put a ceramic bezel on there either - essentially turning the Explorer II into a GMT II :) Personally I'd hope they reduce it to 40 mm but like previous posts mentioned Rolexes only seem to be getting bigger, not smaller:)

Blog Entries
    Wonder if he bought it? Been a bit....quiet.....

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Wonder if he bought it? Been a bit....quiet.....
    I did! Well, I paid for it anyway, trying to negotiate how to collect it given the current restrictions. Looks like there will be an opportunity to pick it up next week provided I have a decent list of excuses ready should I be stopped by the plod on the way :-)

Can we class this a essential travel?.....Not too sure :-)

2021 will surely be a Year of Explorer (50'th Anv) and by all means they will upgrade the Polar and Ex1 to newer standards. New movement is to be expected, but as for the looks, well I'm not so sure the Ex2 will get a ceramic bezel. I find it too extreme step for Rolex, they tend to upgrade with millimeter differences.
    They won't make it bigger, that's for sure, only smaller. And if that's the case, sign me up any day for current model :)

Nice composition

Well I picked it up today and am delighted. It must be the most comfortable and best fitting Rolex I've owned or tried and nice having a bright face rather then the usual black or blue. WoS said that today is also probably their last Click & Collect day as it's looking like further restrictions are coming in so glad I was able to pick it up. Brightens up a grim day :-)

Honorary crap picture.

20210114_113739 by ataripower, on Flickr

Blog Entries
    I did! Well, I paid for it anyway, trying to negotiate how to collect it given the current restrictions. Looks like there will be an opportunity to pick it up next week provided I have a decent list of excuses ready should I be stopped by the plod on the way :-)

Can we class this a essential travel?.....Not too sure :-)
    Well I picked it up today and am delighted. It must be the most comfortable and best fitting Rolex I've owned or tried and nice having a bright face rather then the usual black or blue. WoS said that today is also probably their last Click & Collect day as it's looking like further restrictions are coming in so glad I was able to pick it up. Brightens up a grim day :-)

Honorary crap picture.

Nice one, glad you're pleased with it. I also think they wear very well.

Honorary crap picture.

Thats a fine looking Explorer mate. Very nice. Too new for my taste, lack of scratches, but give it time :D

Craftsman
    Cracking looking watch and a great choice, well done.
    Did you have a long wait?
    I am on the "list" and am getting impatient so debating going to a grey dealer for one.

Honorary crap picture.

Master

Honorary crap picture.

Glad you decided to go for it...i have had mine for 7 years this month and it is the only Rolex i have kept that long as it is so comfortable...no point guessing what the new one will be this year being the 50th but these are no longer in production so dealers are getting the last few coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    Cracking looking watch and a great choice, well done.
    Did you have a long wait?
    I am on the "list" and am getting impatient so debating going to a grey dealer for one.
    It was exactly 12 months since I requested one so not too bad I guess :-)

Craftsman
    I want one!!!

Some wristshots of soon to be Neo-Vintage ExII

Last edited by Nono; 27th January 2021 at 08:34.

Journeyman
    I didn't used to like the Explorer, but found myself more and more drawn to it of late. I am really liking the accents.