closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex servicing times

Rolex servicing times

hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone who's recently had a watch serviced by Rolex could let me know how long it took please? I dropped off a watch at an AD recently (70s Air King) and they said it could take around 14 weeks and just wanted to see if that was accurate or not.

Thanks!

Master
    Blog Entries
    My Explorer took 3 weeks. Done in January.

Master
    It can vary but today I would typically hope for six weeks from the time when the estimate is approved.

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone who's recently had a watch serviced by Rolex could let me know how long it took please? I dropped off a watch at an AD recently (70s Air King) and they said it could take around 14 weeks and just wanted to see if that was accurate or not.

Thanks!

Vintage pieces such as yours take far longer (I was told 16 weeks for my '69 Sub') but Haywood's right re: current/more modern pieces, my recent Explorer II service took just under six weeks.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hand delivered mine to RSC in Kent. I don’t know if that helps the turn around.

Thank you for all of the comments guys, very helpful and it seems it may be back before 14 weeks which is good.

I'd normally take it straight to the service centre in St James' (I work nearby) but it's basically a big empty space - or was the last time I looked!

Master
    Thank you for all of the comments guys, very helpful and it seems it may be back before 14 weeks which is good.

I'd normally take it straight to the service centre in St James' (I work nearby) but it's basically a big empty space - or was the last time I looked!
    It is still closed for refurbishment last time I passed by. Not sure what they are doing but it is taking a long time

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    It is still closed for refurbishment last time I passed by. Not sure what they are doing but it is taking a long time
    I walked past last week and it looked like they were still at the plasterboard stage, so it may take a while for them to be finished, The building itself (at least the ground floor) seems to have been totally gutted.

Master
    I took my Sub to mr AD for service in November and picked it up six weeks later so not too bad really.

I was quoted 6-8 weeks for a Deepsea today.

Blog Entries
    My 16610 Sub took about 6 weeks.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quoted 14 weeks, completed in 3, also in Jan.

Craftsman
    My gmt took 6/7 weeks from dropping it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    hi guys,

Thanks!
    that was accurate

6-9 weeks seems to be the time scale in my most recent experiences ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a new bezel insert (for an SD 16600)? I don't want any other service done, but I don't live near to Kent so can't take it myself. My local AD is useless - and told me it couldn't even be done - and then the woman on the phone at the Service Centre was a bit vague on timings.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMango View Post
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get a new bezel insert (for an SD 16600)? I don't want any other service done, but I don't live near to Kent so can't take it myself. My local AD is useless - and told me it couldn't even be done - and then the woman on the phone at the Service Centre was a bit vague on timings.
    RSC St James is supposed to be opening again this month so you should be able to get that sorted via walk in.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    RSC St James is supposed to be opening again this month so you should be able to get that sorted via walk in.
    Ah, that's great. Thank you!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I called RSC this week and they said it would re-open in June?