closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone work in, or have any contacts in, car insurance?

Does anyone work in, or have any contacts in, car insurance?

I recently leased a car through my business with the intention of selling my old one (A slightly modified Jeep) However, I can't bare to let the Jeep go, so have been getting quotes to insure it as well as the new one, and they're astronomical, 3 or 4 times what I was paying previously, obviously my NCD has gone on the new car, and my profession doesn't help either. So I was wondering if anyone had any tips, or knew anyone who works in this field?

Ta!

Quote Originally Posted by th6252 View Post
    NFU don’t like modified. Try calling A-Plan’s Thatcham branch 01635 874 646

We’re with NFU for a few other things, but they’re never cheap, I’ll try them though. APlan are calling me back tomorrow, thanks.

Try Adrian Flux. They’re a broker who deal with modified cars.

Having spoken to Adrian Flux and A-Plan, both seem really good and on the ball, the cover is much more suited to what I want than the generic car insurers, A-Plan are slightly cheaper, but both offer the right product, so I'll go with one or the other.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

also consider joining a owners club/ group. additional discounts can be obtained with recomeded insurers .

Master
    Are you a named driver on any other policies?

I used my no claims on my van and when I bought a car the quotes where astronomical. I rang my wife’s insurance company and explained and they just said they would insure me matching my wife’s ncd.
    I got 12 years no claims.

Master
    I’ve been with A- Plan for 3 years know after a recommendation from this site,Excellent service and excellent prices.
    Colin.