closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Watchfinder Panerai Sale

PSA Watchfinder Panerai Sale

Just a heads up, everyones favourite Grey have "adjusted" the price of some of their, no doubt substantial. Pam stock.

Might be a decent deal in there for someone.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/promo/...oHigh&pageno=1

Panerai’s in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    It makes me think of rats and sinking ships. Even with the sale, they are still double of what they should be.

Master
    Some sizeable ‘discounts’ there. PAMs seem to hang around on SC for a long while too. Not a good sign!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    It makes me think of rats and sinking ships. Even with the sale, they are still double of what they should be.
    With a two year old Radiomir at under £2700, I wonder what they're buying them in at – under 2k? If Richemont's plan of buying Watchfinder was to increase the secondhand value of its portfolio - it seems it have backfired.

Surely this just their 'brand of the week' having a sale to clear what is their large stock inventory. Was Omega last week, Rolex before Christmas and I'm pretty certain Tag just after.

As per WF always on the 'higher end' of second hand prices, but shopping around they seem to be on par with Blowers, Chrono24, Iconic so guess that's the market.

Maybe the sales are just reflecting the huge inventory WF have and the lack of sales at their RRP across the board. Saying that they cannot being doing that bad, new shop in NY announced, Paris and Hong Kong have new stores also, and always positions for job vacancy's on their website.

Craftsman
    Does that mean that Omega were in serious trouble last week?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...chfinder+omega

Craftsman

Dumped

Just so many of them dumped into the Secondary market that this market is awash with them now. With every potential buyer knowing that they dive in value and the Secondary market sellers trying not to lose value, there is now just a brick wall between what sellers want and what buyers are willing to pay for what is now seen as a seriously overpriced brand and this has lead to the current situation of this brand just sitting idly in sellers windows or watch boxes.

As much as I like the unique design of Panerai, there is nothing about the brand that I would be willing to spend more than £3-5k. Unfortunately they have been tagged a one trick pony and that pony was beautiful in the early period of the base and historic models but as they have tried to broaden the range with new designs and complications the essence of this brand has been lost. You can appreciate the efforts which have gone into some of the complications pieces but for me these are just lost in this brands DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    With a two year old Radiomir at under £2700, I wonder what they're buying them in at – under 2k? If Richemont's plan of buying Watchfinder was to increase the secondhand value of its portfolio - it seems it have backfired.
    So much variety and availability of Panerai at the low end, they probably are trying (and failing) to make the minor differences worth more. Ultimately, I think the depreciation from new is about right.

No 190s in the list, so my pricey Panerai is pretty safe value wise

Craftsman

Stock level

Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    Does that mean that Omega were in serious trouble last week?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...chfinder+omega
    I think what it means is simply stock not shifting. A company probably cannot survive solely on hoping to sell overpriced Rolex, even looking to tempt buyers without the immediate cash to use their finance facility to help push sales.

Craftsman

Safe value Panerai

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    So much variety and availability of Panerai at the low end, they probably are trying (and failing) to make the minor differences worth more. Ultimately, I think the depreciation from new is about right.

“Safe value Panerai”. Now that put a smile on my face this chilly Tuesday afternoon 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    “Safe value Panerai”. Now that put a smile on my face this chilly Tuesday afternoon 
    It's an elusive list nowadays....

No 560 either! Which is good but I know at most 20% hit maximum on what I paid would be worse case scenario. Guess we cannot all be Rolex owners with great resale values. God forbid we enjoy a watach

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    No 560 either! Which is good but I know at most 20% hit maximum on what I paid would be worse case scenario. Guess we cannot all be Rolex owners with great resale values. God forbid we enjoy a watach
    The precursor 112 is also not there either not even the 111 (my other panerai incidentally). So I guess certain 'entry'/base level models (i.e. are the best examples of classic PAM) do retain enough interest. What we see are a lot of automatics and entry level Rads. Interesting.

Master
    It's an elusive list nowadays....
    This is the safest value PAM in existence. My beloved 423 cost me £50 (+ a few hundred extra for the fundraiser) in the great TZ-UK raffle a few years back 😊

like the 210 but not sure on price

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This is the safest value PAM in existence. My beloved 423 cost me £50 (+ a few hundred extra for the fundraiser) in the great TZ-UK raffle a few years back 

thats not a 423 though. I am not up on all the references but I have a 423 and it's not a sub :)

Master
    Oops well spotted - curse these fat fingers! It’s a 243 🤣

This at 3k enters no-brainer territory

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...5d651e9&rank=4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    This at 3k enters no-brainer territory

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...5d651e9&rank=4

Why?

A 40mm PAM at £3,500 (not £3k) isn’t a “no brainier” at all.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Why?

I’m saying at £3k I think it would?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Why?

I’d like the 40mm models more if they’d downsized the crown guard to match. As it is they verge on looking silly IMO.

The 210 at 2500 would be s no brainer too

Master
    Any thoughts on this? Had A look a few weeks ago but discarded it at £5250! 42mm suits my wrist much more than the 44mm monstrosity

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...3/item/127300?

It's beautiful, still a bit expensive but 42mm panerai are really great proportion

No sandwich dial, no display back, not a classic Panerai in my opinion

There are some nice watches at ‘okay’ prices there. Nothing specifically interesting about watchfinder having a brand sale though.
    Alas, no 190 but some nice manual Radiomirs if that’s your thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    No sandwich dial, no display back, not a classic Panerai in my opinion
    No one said it was a classic!

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Any thoughts on this? Had A look a few weeks ago but discarded it at £5250! 42mm suits my wrist much more than the 44mm monstrosity

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panera...3/item/127300?
    The 392 are still chunky & top heavy. Lug to lug think similar to 44mm. The newer 42mm are thinner. However I do prefer the running seconds wiothout 9pm (visually better IMHO). Straps also 22mm and on a tag buckle rather than pin. 42mm also suffer on the secondary market to sell.

But if it floats your boat go for it.

The Panerai 026 and 217 seem decent purchase prices, but also reflect the softening of most of the older LE prices.

I have a 422 and 213 at the moment. Bought at the right prices and bloody gorgeous. I get more compliments on my 422 than any Rolex or even AP I have owned. They really look cool and frankly I will continue to add to my collection. Us if you buy one that’s under two years and register with Pam Guard you get an additional
    6 years of warranty, what’s not to like. The older models are ETA based so can be serviced by your local watchmaker.

Panerai... I've had the 380, 233, 268, 337, 346 and (currently) the 512; they're beautiful things and the Radiomirs are surprisingly wearable on a small wrist.

Here's a gratuitous shot of the 512.

I bought my first Panerai, an 088 like this one for mid 3'a. Its on 'sale' for £4,125 which is not a particularly good deal. I don't know if thats representative of the others listed.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Panerai... I've had the 380, 233, 268, 337, 346 and (currently) the 512; they're beautiful things and the Radiomirs are surprisingly wearable on a small wrist.

Your pictures always make me consider the 42mm and 1940s, but to me Pams need to have the crown guard.

Great shot as always Tony

Your pictures always make me consider the 42mm and 1940s, but to me Pams need to have the crown guard.

Great shot as always Tony
    Thanks. I have to say that the 1940 is the perfect Panerai - you should try one.

Smile

Apologies, and understood ozzy.

For me (and we are all different of course) a PAM needs to be 44mm or 47mm.....as long as you can carry that off on your wrist. Wish the 690 was in the "sale" as I'd jump on that...

Master
    The 392 are still chunky & top heavy. Lug to lug think similar to 44mm. The newer 42mm are thinner. However I do prefer the running seconds wiothout 9pm (visually better IMHO). Straps also 22mm and on a tag buckle rather than pin. 42mm also suffer on the secondary market to sell.

But if it floats your boat go for it.
    I’ve just picked up a 1392. Try it. I think it works for those with smaller wrists as the 44mm look ridiculous. I think they’ve dialled down the dimensions in the right ratio. I had to convince a fellow watch fan at work that it wasn’t 44mm.

But you are right, horses for courses.

Spot on! Have to love it!Just paid 6k € for a NOS 00372 so....let them talk and let us love&enjoy some not so Rollies ...

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

well done on the 372 ,love mine .Now get some pics of it up

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

That’s a nice Panerai !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    well done on the 372 ,love mine .Now get some pics of it up
    I did already on a separate thread
    Loving it...even if I just realised it's saphire not Plexi....

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk