closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Howdens trade account

Craftsman

Howdens trade account

Does anyone have a tade account with them? Was hoping to get an alterntive quote against a possible design from my builder. ( Nearst howdens to me is a pain to get to so setting myself up in the week is a bit of a pain )

I've asked the forum favourite DIY kitchen's to price up and they come in a lot cheaper, with better appliances based on the howdens design. ( Builder has raised a red flag regarding if their units do fit the design)

Thanks
    JP

Master
    I set up an account when rebuilding my cottage, never used them as DIY kitchens were considerably cheaper. Downside is Diy are online only and you have to design and measure your own kitchen, or you did six years ago.
    Not sure what the builders red flag is as kichens are pretty standard in sizing, you just choose what suits and fits. Maybe he is worried you order a kitchen that will not fit. Generally, builders will add a 10% to 20% charge on top of the cost price with a supplier they use regularly as they get a discount and basically keep it.

Master
    Have you got a Benchmarx near you, I've been involved in a couple of kitchen refurbs and simply walked in with the design etc and they've beaten or at least matched any quote.
    Their cabinets and fittings are better quality than howdens.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    As above, benchmark are better quality units.

Craftsman
    Hi mate I get 10 kitchens from them a year, there’s a lot to haggle with, don’t get drawn in to the 80 percent off etc as they can do better. I generally tell them how much I will pay for them now but that comes with experience, ! Let me know if need any assistance !
    Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    I used DIY kitchens. Great service and quality.

I’ve got an account at Howdens,but the customer ordered from diy,everything was fine but the Belfast sink was on back order so we got one from Howdens but the height was different,so we had to alter the unit .
    Not the end of the world really but some may disagree.

Master
    Magnet have beaten benchmarx quotes lately and are pushing trade buyers. Howdens do my nut tbh. Keep messing with pricing. Tried to charge me £80 for a sink. 2014 we spent £127k with them. Won’t be dealing with those clowns again. Do yourself a favour use benchmarx or magnet.

I only use magnet now as it’s not worth messing with price comparison with the prices I get ,but if the customer pays they may look at never never.

Craftsman
    My mates a sales rep for Howdens in West Sussex.If that’s any use to You I can give You contact details.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Magnet have beaten benchmarx quotes lately and are pushing trade buyers. Howdens do my nut tbh. Keep messing with pricing. Tried to charge me £80 for a sink. 2014 we spent £127k with them. Won’t be dealing with those clowns again. Do yourself a favour use benchmarx or magnet.

Had the same crap too spent around 50k with them and sent custom there way and tried to sting me with a markup on some doors . They got told and don’t try it again ! Hate sales it’s all just a game !