closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay non-paying buyer

eBay non-paying buyer

Having had a couple of lousy eBay selling experiences, I’m ready to wash my hands of the platform altogether! Fortunately all low value items but it irks when you have put the effort to sell something and you end up paying for it!

Anyway, the latest is a non-paying, non-communicating buyer (feedback score of 4). Made an offer a week ago for an item and, although it was about 2/3 of what I could have got, I thought I’d let them have it and accepted the offer. Since then...nothing. I’ve sent them 2 reminders but have had no communication at all. I’d just like to re-list it but I read that cancelling the sale opens you up to negative feedback should the original buyer decide to do that.

From the more experienced eBayers...what do you do in this situation and how long do you leave it?
    Last edited by Christian; 28th February 2020 at 18:49.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Having had a couple of lousy eBay selling experiences, I’m ready to wash my hands of the platform altogether! Fortunately all low value items but it irks when you have put the effort to sell something and you end up paying for it!

Anyway, the latest is a non-paying, non-communicating buyer (feedback score of 4). Made an offer a week ago for an item and, although it was about 2/3 of what I could have got, I thought I’d let them have it and accepted the offer. Since then...nothing. I’ve sent them 2 reminders but have had no communication at all. I’d just like to re-list it but I read that cancelling the sale opens you up to negative feedback should the original buyer decide to do that.

From the more experienced eBayers...what do you do in this situation and how long do you leave it?
    Sorry you are having so much trouble! It seems these days that ebay is largely populated by ignorant gits and scammers. A good few years ago I used to sell a lot of high-end watches (Severe flipperitis) on eBay and all I dealt with were decent guys and I never had a problem. I stopped selling on eBay years ago when I sensed things were changing and now I would not bother selling a carrot on there!

I only list items as buy it now on eBay , got sick years ago of non paying bidders etc.

Master
    Understand the listing rules as the only thing worse than being ripped off is Ebay charging you for the privilege and then not being fair when they investigate disputes and finding in the favour of the thieves and cheats.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    It's all a process and not worth getting wound up about.

Non- paying bidder : if they haven't paid within two full days of the auction ending you can report them as a non paying bidder. They then get 4 days to pay. If they haven't then on the 5th day you go to the resolution centre and close the case. Any selling fees will be cancelled,the buyer gets a non paying strike and you can relist the item.

You can also choose to cancel the sale as the seller.....go to the sold item page and there is an option from the item there. Difference is it requires the cooperation of the buyer so if they are ignoring you it's less likely to be of use.

Resolution centre

Raise he hasn’t paid

He won’t pay

You get it closed in your favour

Relist

Cheers all. Advice taken!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I raised a non payer with the resolution centre,they must have given him a nudge ,paid up later that day.Its the silly low offers and army of watchers that get me down.

Only list `Buy it Now` type sales and click the `immediate payment required` option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I raised a non payer with the resolution centre,they must have given him a nudge ,paid up later that day.Its the silly low offers and army of watchers that get me down.
    Nothing wrong with watching.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Nothing wrong with watching.
    Too what end tho.

Too what end tho.
    (Own same item and) interested in value.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    (Own same item and) interested in value.
    Makes sense.

although chances of dealing with the same non paying buyer is low but you can also add them to your block list and not worry about them bidding or bin on your listings again.

Master
    I've only ever been a buyer on eBay, selling looks too risky.
    If it's an expensive-ish item and there's been a lot of bidding, when I win, I pay immediately.
    I've bought 3 watches off eBay, but the last one I got ended up being a fake Hydroconquest and because the 6 months had lapsed, I'm left with a fake.
    The seller did eventually get taken down but only after he and a seller from Austria had sold a lot of fake Omegas, Tags and those Hydros.
    No more Ebay watches for me.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    It's all a process and not worth getting wound up about.

Non- paying bidder : if they haven't paid within two full days of the auction ending you can report them as a non paying bidder. They then get 4 days to pay. If they haven't then on the 5th day you go to the resolution centre and close the case. Any selling fees will be cancelled,the buyer gets a non paying strike and you can relist the item.

You can also choose to cancel the sale as the seller.....go to the sold item page and there is an option from the item there. Difference is it requires the cooperation of the buyer so if they are ignoring you it's less likely to be of use.
    I've done the first part and it worked fine. I also blocked the person from ever bidding on my auctions again - nothing heard since.

Master
    Twice this year I’ve had a no pay and a late pay, eBay opened the case without me doing anything received credit when the buyer ignored them, not too much hassle, worked out ok.
    I wish people would leave feedback on purchases though, at least I’d know they had got the item.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Twice this year I’ve had a no pay and a late pay, eBay opened the case without me doing anything received credit when the buyer ignored them, not too much hassle, worked out ok.
    I wish people would leave feedback on purchases though, at least I’d know they had got the item.
    When I’ve sold on eBay,items of value were sent Rmsd ,with tracking number added to dispatch details.Saves the worry,a great many people don’t leave feedback for some reason.

Master
    When I’ve sold on eBay,items of value were sent Rmsd ,with tracking number added to dispatch details.Saves the worry,a great many people don’t leave feedback for some reason.
    I’ve noticed with eBay for a long time the other ebayer won’t leave feed back until you do

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I’ve noticed with eBay for a long time the other ebayer won’t leave feed back until you do
    Even when I leave good feedback,none is given in return.Mostly on watches .