closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: It’s not only in the big cities

It’s not only in the big cities

The proprietor of a local independent watch shop that many of you know was violently assaulted as he and his wife left their premises last evening...he was beaten but his wife has suffered a broken jaw.
    Risk aware, they were wearing £100 worth of Casio and Seiko which were stolen
    All in the sleepy new forest- watches of distinction in Lymington.
    Seems everywhere is getting like the Wild West these days.

Bloody hell, I was only in there last weekend. How awful. 😟

Master
    These morons are scum & should be dealt with "properly" when caught.

That is very sad to hear. I hope they both make a full recovery.

Not being funny but no matter where you live in the UK there is serious crime going on so it is no surprise at all in the slightest bit.

I live in some of the lowest crime rate area in the entire UK and if you walk around the local Town on Saturday night by yourself or even small group you

may get jumped and beaten by a gang of youths and hospitalised with the only motive being they did it for a laugh or were board....

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    That doesn't sound like one of the lowest crime rate areas in the UK at all!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    And I quote "Dyfed-Powys in Wales, (the area covering Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Powys), Gloucestershire and North Yorkshire are the safest places to live in the UK"

I am in one of the safest areas of Dyfed-Powys and have been assaulted in broad day light lol.

Like I said it does not make you immune to crime, your just less likely than other worse areas.

Nowhere is safe in the UK

Journeyman
    This is sad, i hope they get caught and dealt with

I was following the facebook updates on this last night. Thankfully Giles seems to have removed, or been told to remove, his posts following the attack because he could well have, wrongly, ended up doing more time than the attackers if they’re ever caught.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I was following the facebook updates on this last night. Thankfully Giles seems to have removed, or been told to remove, his posts following the attack because he could well have, wrongly, ended up doing more time than the attackers if they’re ever caught.
    What did he post? Presume it was a description of them or something?

Flippin' heck, dreadful news, I was popping in there tomorrow as well.

Hope they both make a quick recovery.
    Last edited by catch21; 29th February 2020 at 07:54.

Horrible news, thoughts with them both.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Flippin' heck, dreadful news, I was popping in there tomorrow

Hope they both make a quick recovery.
    Post edited in the interests of security
    Last edited by GOAT; 29th February 2020 at 10:09.

Very sorry (and worried) to hear this. Lymington is a such a quiet part of the country. Wishing both a swift recovery.

Post edited for security...

Master
    So sorry to hear this.

I was there on the 5th.

Giles was there and we chatted for half an hour or so, mostly about his connection with some top motorcycle riders.

I hope he and his wife recover physically and mentally quickly from what must have been a terrifying attack.

scooter

Wasn't there a nutjob running around the High Street waving a meat cleaver in the early hours of the morning recently?

Place is becoming like the Wild West. Won't somebody think of the house prices? And the children, obviously.

Seriously, I like Giles, and have dealt with him several times, usually to his advantage. I hope that he and his wife make full recoveries.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman
    Been into this shop many times and enjoyed chatting with Giles and his colleagues. Very friendly and welcoming. Pretty shocked to hear of an attack like this in Lymington. The brass neck on these thieving bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    That doesn't sound like one of the lowest crime rate areas in the UK at all!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    You can't believe anything this government says...

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    And I quote "Dyfed-Powys in Wales, (the area covering Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion and Powys), Gloucestershire and North Yorkshire are the safest places to live in the UK"

I am in one of the safest areas of Dyfed-Powys and have been assaulted in broad day light lol.

Like I said it does not make you immune to crime, your just less likely than other worse areas.

Nowhere is safe in the UK
    Did you report the assault?

Being in a relatively quiet area does not guarantee a crime free situation.For organised criminals this appeals due to low policing and large area covered by the police.Case in point - gleneagles mappin & webb golf shop got raided by folk from London and they were able to escape easily with Rolex watches.I followed watches of distinction on Instagram- will not repeat what was said but not very classy at all and not someone who I would buy a watch from with the type of comments made.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Paul Thorpe is now broadcasting an interview with the couple...

The BBC have posted CCTV footage of the incident - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...ptured-on-cctv

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    The BBC have posted CCTV footage of the incident - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...ptured-on-cctv
    Absolutely horrible. I dearly hope they catch the scum. Also hope the dear lady can recover quickly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s not only in the big cities

Bad news. My sister lives there, I visit often. It’s a nice place, but known for a few quid and there is perhaps more targeted robbery than you’ would imagine.
    A local (v.posh) hotel to there had the cellar broken into not long ago and some seriously expensive bottles of wine taken - targeted specifically. I know the same of some big houses in the area too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk