closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help me decide

Journeyman

Help me decide

After much pondering I've decided I marginally prefer the design of the Expedition to the 36mm PRS-25W, and am thinking about grabbing one when they become available again in April.

However, I've never liked the idea of buying before trying on (too many watches I've loved on-paper have proved a disappointment on-wrist), and in this case I'm particularly wary as all my current watches are 40-41mm. A 36mm will obviously wear quite a bit smaller – which I welcome for variety's sake – but I don't want it to look like I borrowed my wife's watch!

Given that a try-on isn't possible, is there anyone with an Expedition and a 7" wrist who could post a few pics to see how it wears? I find mirror shots give a better perception of this than wrist shots, but anything is welcome!

Craftsman
    Well I do have a 7 inch wrist and I only have the Everest in 36mm but can't help with a photo, but I can say that after I wore the 36mm Everest I put my Christopher Ward C65 on which is 41mm and the next thing you know I flipped the 41mm because I just couldn't wear anything over 38mm. I think that the 36mm is the sweet spot for me but to each his own. I do prefer the Expedition over the white dial Everest.

Craftsman
    Whereabouts in the UK are you ?

Journeyman

Help me decide

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    the next thing you know I flipped the 41mm because I just couldn't wear anything over 38mm
    Don’’t say that - my 41s all have sentimental value so I want the Smiths to complement not replace them!

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Whereabouts in the UK are you ?
    Live in Northampton, work in Peterborough

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTudor View Post

Live in Northampton, work in Peterborough
    Ah shame, if that was anywhere near me, we could have met up and you could have tried my Expedition for size. Never mind !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Ah shame, if that was anywhere near me, we could have met up and you could have tried my Expedition for size. Never mind !
    Very kind! I might have a work trip down to Goodwood in a few weeks, if it goes ahead I'll drop you a PM to see if you're around

Craftsman
    Very kind! I might have a work trip down to Goodwood in a few weeks, if it goes ahead I'll drop you a PM to see if you're around
    Ah that would be perfect ... I literally live 2 minutes from there :-)

Let me know !

Master
    That wouldn't be a "work" trip covering the last weekend of March? I'll be making the same journey.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    That wouldn't be a "work" trip covering the last weekend of March? I'll be making the same journey.
    It would. I'm a car journo so I can actually pass it off as a work trip legitimately!

Small is the new Large. I have a 7.5 inch wrist so I cannot help you with a pic but I love the fact that it looks "small".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Small is the new Large.
    This is exactly the realisation I've come to. I at least want to have the option to 'go small or go home' in my modest armoury...

Following to see a pic.