closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blowers

Apprentice

Blowers

Hi All, any recent experiences with Blowers?
    Seem to get positive reviews - looking to purchase

yes. I have made a number of purchases all went perfectly.

Craftsman
    Yes, purchased without any issues.

Master
    Had a purchase some years back. All good.

Master
    Trustworthy and good to deal with in my experience.

Prices are on the high side, but there is a little room to negotiate — or at least there was when I was purchasing a few years back.

I like to ask the vendor "If I buy this watch, how much will you give me for it if I wanted to sell it back".

This often brings a dose of sanity into my rush to buy.

(I've had no dealings with Blowers)

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Haven't bought from them in a while, but always good when I did. Not sure what the people who say they are 'expensive' are comparing with. Certainly more expensive than on here but not more expensive than other companies that sell watches for a living in my experience.

Master

Blowers

£3250 for a pre-owned BB58? Nah, I’ll just pop into Fraser Hart and buy at list price.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 26th February 2020 at 14:26.

Blog Entries
    Ask Kerry!

In my experience excellent customer service with experienced personal team. I have bought a few upper level watches from them and it’s always been a positive experience. Much prefer to get a full set with all links and not over polished than an over polished watch with links and papers missing. IMHO
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 24th February 2020 at 21:47.

Master
    Only made 1 purchase from them in the past but couldn’t fault the process.

Easy to deal with and great service in my experience.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Bought 1 watch from them, good efficient service. However, watch did not come with all the links, they put it right quickly without fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never dealt direct with them,always spoke to Kerry (100thmonkey) on here ,top man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold them a watch once, went well...

Simon

Craftsman

Solid

Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    Some of the Tudor prices do look a bit top heavy, Harrods BB is £1k more than can easily be found here in the UK.
    Dealt with them on numerous occasions as a buyer and cannot fault the service or the delivered watch, would not be my first choice as a seller with their offers quite laughable but that could be said in respect of most dealers in the Secondary market. Used to have a pretty consistent level of in demand pieces constantly available throughout the year but have certainly noticed a bit of a drop in the stock they have available.

Would agree with the comments on their pricing, with a sizeable part of their stock having been sitting on the shelves for some considerable time but they know their business better than I do.

Master
    Great to purchase from.

As for selling to, was offered £10k for a full set white faced Daytona......lolz..🤪🤪

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    £3250 for a pre-owned BB58? Nah, I’ll just pop into Fraser Hart and buy at list price.
    Still not readily available up here in the north sadly :(

Bought a Rolex 8 years ago and still wearing it today. Very decent company, however you aren't going to get a "bargain" there these days, but to be honest where can you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Still not readily available up here in the north sadly :(
    No waiting list nonsense here for the BB58 and GMT model.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

believe.

Still find it amazing that there was ever a waiting list for Tudor, never mind buyers paying over RRP to get one of these models.

Craftsman

In town today in Newcastle and hit all the shops - they did actually have a 58 in store! on a nato but thats the first i've seen in a window for a long time.

bought and sold to them and they treated me fairly, which seems rare!

Master
    They are fairly decent in Hull, no dealings with the satellite branch in London. Price often at the upper end of what’s an acceptable price per unit, always managed to haggle them down. I’ve bought a few watches off them. The after sales service is fairly good. I remember when they were a proper Jeweller and not just watches! Nice to see a luxury used watch retailer can flourish in my fair City.

Quote Originally Posted by neebsta View Post
    They are fairly decent in Hull, no dealings with the satellite branch in London. Price often at the upper end of what’s an acceptable price per unit, always managed to haggle them down. I’ve bought a few watches off them. The after sales service is fairly good. I remember when they were a proper Jeweller and not just watches! Nice to see a luxury used watch retailer can flourish in my fair City.
    Kerry from this forum set up the London branch and still runs it, he's a very straight shooter (ex-Army, so well trained..) and will be fair both selling and buying; their stock seems to be at the top end of quality and they have dealt with me (both Hull and London) very well as a purchaser, buyer and trade in customer. As already stated don't expect a bargain, it will be market price with good service and after sales so you can take your choice on what matters to you.
    Keith

Craftsman

Gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Great to purchase from.

As for selling to, was offered £10k for a full set white faced Daytona......lolz..浪浪
    When you hear of the offers Dealers are making and you then see what they are then pricing them at in store, the figures can be eye watering.

An offer for my Full set unworn fully stickered 2002 Daytona with even the hologram sticker pristinely intact, £10-£10950. This is a watch the dealers are selling for £20k plus. We always hear about investment quality especially from the usual suspect dealers but if you were purchasing an unworn Daytona from them at £20k+ and they are only buying them in at around the £10-11k mark, how many years would it take to even get close to breaking even, never mind hoping for some profit!

Watches as investments, has been a cute line pumped out by vested interests over the past decade to sell their stock and many buyers who have bought into this are probably in for a bit of a shock some point in the future.

Apprentice
    I bought an Everest strap from them a couple of years ago. No issues. Speedy delivery.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    When you hear of the offers Dealers are making and you then see what they are then pricing them at in store, the figures can be eye watering.

An offer for my Full set unworn fully stickered 2002 Daytona with even the hologram sticker pristinely intact, £10-£10950. This is a watch the dealers are selling for £20k plus. We always hear about investment quality especially from the usual suspect dealers but if you were purchasing an unworn Daytona from them at £20k+ and they are only buying them in at around the £10-11k mark, how many years would it take to even get close to breaking even, never mind hoping for some profit!

Watches as investments, has been a cute line pumped out by vested interests over the past decade to sell their stock and many buyers who have bought into this are probably in for a bit of a shock some point in the future.
    Find yourself some different dealers and you won't have to gripe so much.

WHO offered you £10-10,950 for a stickered and unworn 116520, and WHEN ?
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 28th February 2020 at 13:10.

Craftsman

Gripe

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Find yourself some different dealers and you won't have to gripe so much.

WHO offered you £10-10,950 for a stickered and unworn 116520, and WHEN ?
    Four UK secondary dealers last week all offered within those figures but having myself just returned from a vacation in Venice maybe the Coronavirus is having an impact on dealers offers😷

Maybe less of a gripe and more an observation from my perspective on some of the realities when looking too buy or sell in the current watch market.

You're selling an unworn 2002 watch, and you're not a dealer?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Four UK secondary dealers last week all offered within those figures but having myself just returned from a vacation in Venice maybe the Coronavirus is having an impact on dealers offers

Maybe less of a gripe and more an observation from my perspective on some of the realities when looking too buy or sell in the current watch market.
    Four secondary dealers last week offered you between £10,000 and £10,950 for an unworn and stickered, full set 116520 ?

With your presence on a watch forum it's hard to see how you ended up at the worst of places and couldn't have found the many, many other dealers who would have offered so much more.

So, again, who were these four?

No reason not to publish their details if they made these offers and all is as you say.

One wouldn't wish the forum to be misled by comparing the highest selling prices at the dearest dealers with offers made by Gipsy Geoff's Household Clearance Emporium and the local Cash Degenerator.
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 28th February 2020 at 15:34.

Craftsman

Not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    You're selling an unworn 2002 watch, and you're not a dealer?

Not selling but just one of those cannot help myself moments. I am always curious as to what value a watch really holds at any given time in the market and what you would get from dealers if you cashed in. We all have figures in our head regards worth because of prices we see dealers asking in their windows and in reality what would the seller receive.

Possibly buyers have gone down this route before buying a watch to garner the value loss on a prospective purchase and how the secondary market perceive a particular brand or watch.

For myself it was purely a bit of a nosy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    As a comparison can you say what a "different dealer" might/should be offering?
    We'd all have different ideas of what an unworn and stickered full set 116520 might sell for, but I would expect offers for such a desirable watch retailing in the £k high teens / early twenties to be a scattergun of amounts perhaps around £3,000 less than what each felt confident he could sell it for. A smaller margin would be hard to sustain and many would feel inclined to try to squeeze it closer to £5k.

£500 ~ £833 of that gross difference will be lost in VAT of course.

Then the dealer must allow for potential, expensive and messy service liability if a 2002 watch goes wrong within his warranty period.

£10,000 - £10,950 would be a laughable offer from one dealer, but from every one of the four Flasher reports that he approached?

Now, Flasher has been back on the forum and indeed this thread once or twice since I asked. Is he going to name the four dealers who, he says, offered him between £10,000 and £10,950 for an unworn and stickered full set 116520?

If not, I dare say that some will cry "Cobblers!"
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 28th February 2020 at 15:37.

Craftsman

Cobblers

We'd all have different ideas of what an unworn and stickered full set 116520 might sell for, but I would expect offers for such a desirable watch retailing in the £k high teens / early twenties to be a scattergun of amounts perhaps around £3,000 less than what each felt confident he could sell it for. A smaller margin would be hard to sustain and many would feel inclined to try to squeeze it closer to £5k.

£500 ~ £833 of that gross difference will be lost in VAT of course.

Then the dealer must allow for potential, expensive and messy service liability if a 2002 watch goes wrong within his warranty period.

£10,000 - £10,950 would be a laughable offer from one dealer, but from every one of the four Flasher reports that he approached?

Now, Flasher has been back on the forum and indeed this thread once or twice since I asked. Is he going to name the four dealers who, he says, offered him between £10,000 and £10,950 for an unworn and stickered full set 116520?

If not, I dare say that some will cry "Cobblers!"
    Cobblers is what i thought of the offers but they certainly put a smile on my face.

As requested but we are all aware on this forum of the good guys and bad guys in the secondary market when it comes to selling and buying watches and my post was only an indication of what some the players within this market are offering in not just their inflated selling prices but deflated buy in prices.

If i had been in the market to sell it would not have been too one of the mentioned but as i have stated i wanted a bit of a nosy at the type of ££margins some of the major players currently operating in the market are looking to take. Offers from WF (you always need a WF offer), Watch club, Xupes and Laings UK.

It was a bit of fun on my part and something i have done on numerous occasions and normally with the same laugh my head off offers but these kind of offers are being put out there.

Master
    Watchfinder, Watch club, Xupes and Laings all offered you between £10,000 and £10,950 in the last week for a stickered, unworn full set 116520 ?

There is something not adding up here.

Craftsman

Add up.

Watchfinder, Watch club, Xupes and Laings all offered you between £10,000 and £10,950 in the last week for a stickered, unworn full set 116520 ?

There is something not adding up here.
    What certainly was not adding up were the figures they were quoting. Wf was £10950 to £11500 but i just rounded it down to make the general point within my post.

As i said, i was just doing a nosy and was surprised but not overly so by the quotes, having been on the wrong side of many a buy/trade-in prices in my early watch days. Different margins for different dealers and we all appreciate the good ones who we know will play fair and we understand they are running a business but for the others, the kind of quotes i received are being put out there by them but you just learn to shop around and avoid the mistakes you made in the early days. I am sure we all have a few tales to tell of regret on watches we sold or bought.