closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Arrival Of Spring

The Arrival Of Spring

Yesterday morning I was very glad to be feeling the sun warm on my face at an hour which two months ago would still have been dark. This year I seem to be enjoying the daffodils more intensely than usual. Whilst visiting my parents, I wandered around their garden, and admired buds on branches, and little green plants flourishing under bushes while they've still the opportunity to see sunlight. I don't know much about nature, but I know that, this year, I'm very pleased to see it blithely going about its springtime business.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Yesterday morning I was very glad to be feeling the sun warm on my face at an hour which two months ago would still have been dark. This year I seem to be enjoying the daffodils more intensely than usual. Whilst visiting my parents, I wandered around their garden, and admired buds on branches, and little green plants flourishing under bushes while they've still the opportunity to see sunlight. I don't know much about nature, but I know that, this year, I'm very pleased to see it blithely going about its springtime business.
    Likewise! I love heading towards springtime, there is so much new stuff starting.

It is nice to take it all in, but also a sign your getting old when you notice the daff's and green buds

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    It is nice to take it all in, but also a sign your getting old when you notice the daff's and green buds
    I remember having a similar experience in the 2009 spring

I remember having a similar experience in the 2009 spring
    To be fair I have always loved the countryside, when fishing every weekend as a kid you appreciate the nature around you and its seasons, warm spring sunshine will lift the grumpiest of old gits - like me!

Spring has arrived when I hear the first jetski on Southampton Water.

A group of them have just passed by. Spring is here!

I must write a letter to the Times.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Blog Entries
    I rolled the TR out of its hiberation this morning for a 100 mile round trip to my favourite watchmaker. He's located at a stone-throw's distance from the Dutch-German border. 50 miles of rural roads, back via the motorway. Brilliant: daffodils, trees and shrubs getting green again (my fingers turning white despite thick gloves...).

I really have to address the stubborn fault in the car's overdrive. That's Spring for you.

Later this afternoon a quick trip to the ice parlor: the 'gelateria' re-opened its doors yesterday. Time for a cone!

Menno

Master
    This winter does seem to have been particularly long. The last three months have seen an awful lot going on (elections, storms, viruses etc) so I think the brighter days of spring are particularly welcome this year.

I always get excited by spring. Blackthorn blossom, buzzing of bees and the sudden realisation that you are walking home from work in daylight. I can't wait.

Master
    We’re lucky enough to live close to some woods we like to walk in, usually every other day at least and think I heard a woodpecker about an hour ago. Looking forward to when spring arrives fully, it’s been a wet and miserable winter.