closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rooting Android

Rooting Android

A box of bits has revealed a HTC Wildfire S, and as it's not of any value I'd like to have a go at rooting it - is that the right word?
    The Wildfire S was never famous for its internal memory so my thinking is to take it to a very basic android software, I've been over to XDA developers for a few tips but words pop up like "stock rom", is there an easy tutorial somewhere?
    Emphasis is on Easy.
    n2.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Xda has the best guides available, choose your new OS carefully and read the comments

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm afraid there isn't. I'd say that, with such operations as rooting (or installing a custom ROM instead of your 'stock ROM', for that matter, which doesn't always requires rooting and which I think is what you really want to do), the assumption is that you know what you're doing, and if you choose to learn as you go, then you're at least proficient in finding relevant info needed to solve problems that you're likely to encounter.

took me 3 months to get my head round rooting and installing custom roms when i started, but there was not the info around then ( i had to use a "gold card" on my first root) now there is one root apps etc , xda is the palce , but it does involve a bit of understanding finding the right info for your particular phone and things to do first even before you root, first to unlock the bootloader , install recoveries etc
    but look at things like this
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1195275
    and
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1436426

i found it a bit addictive and have had all rooted phones ( i have always bought my phones , dont do it on a contract phnoe)

If you use Google Pay and a Banking app. they won't work on a rooted phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I ought to have said that if I manage to root the phone its purpose will be very basic as in email, WhatsApp and browsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    GP seems likely, but I'd research (I don't care to use it). My banking app works fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I ought to have said that if I manage to root the phone its purpose will be very basic as in email, WhatsApp and browsing.
    Is there any reason why you want it rooted other than for the sake of being rooted? If you don't plan to fiddle with it futher and just want a clean system install, I'd suggest a factory reset instead and removing/disabling apps you're not going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    GP seems likely, but I'd research (I don't care to use it). My banking app works fine, though.

Is there any reason why you want it rooted other than for the sake of being rooted? If you don't plan to fiddle with it futher and just want a clean system install, I'd suggest a factory reset instead and removing/disabling apps you're not going to use.
    The HTC Wildfire S had issues with the memory, so removing much of the background clutter might sort this out and as a bonus I get to learn something new.