closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch stuck in Customs-any advice?

Master

Watch stuck in Customs-any advice?

Hi Folks,

I bought a watch from a private seller who is based in Singapore. This was a watch priced at $350.

I’ve been tracking the package and on the Royal Mail website it says that they have the parcel at their Heathrow Distribution centre. It arrived there on Monday and the status has not changed since then.

I chased up Royal Mail via Twitter and they admit they don’t actually have the parcel but it is indeed still with Customs. Royal Mail have no idea why it’s still with Customs.

I called Customs and they can’t give me any specific details other than the only reasons they hold parcels is for inspections or if there is a Customs charge. To date I have received no notifications about inspections or charges.

Does anyone have any advice with regards as to how I can progress this matter? Or am I just at the mercy of Customs/Royal Mail?

Thanks in advance.

There's nowt you can do, there's just a backlog. At some point, you'll either get the watch or a slip telling you how much VAT is to be paid. It'll likely be next week for either, all being well.

Two days is nothing. Sometimes it can be a week or more. There is nothing you can do and neither can any courier. Once the parcel has been assessed and any charges raised it will be released.

Just chill and keep an eye on the tracking, as soon as they get it they will update.

Master
    Cheers for the replies guys

Get worried if it passes 2 months. Other than that just wait - it’ll turn up. They are slow as a week in the jail.

From Singapore you say ? You sure it's in Customs and not Quarantine ?

I had a razor from Canada, via the US sit in customs for a month. Deeply frustrating! My only advice is if you have a tracking number, check the Royal Mail site regularly as they announce there is a fee and what is, in advance of getting the card through the door. You can then pay and arrange a delivery day before the card arrives.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I had a razor from Canada, via the US sit in customs for a month.
    You must have been proper hairy by the time it turned up

Watch stuck in Customs-any advice?

I had a total nightmare a couple of months ago with the purchase of a Muehle-Glashutte Seebataillon from Drop in the US.

It too got as far as Heathrow and then sat there (apparently?!) for weeks. Then I got bizarre paperwork through from Border Force telling me I had to complete a 13-page declaration form, most of which was completely impossible to do.

After fretting about that - and seeking advice on this forum - I then got a letter from Royal Mail (in response to an enquiry I made) telling me that they had lost the parcel! I told them that I believed it was with Border Force and they confirmed categorically (their language) that this was not the case and that their regional Distribution Centre in Canterbury (don't ask) had definitely lost it.

I then contacted Drop and told them that RM had confirmed in writing that they had lost the parcel, and Drop, to their credit, promptly issued me a complete refund.

2 weeks after I got the refund I had another letter from Border Force telling me that they 'still' had the parcel and insisting that I needed to complete the gigantic import form.

I just ignored it...

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 28th February 2020 at 14:19.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They don’t hurry themselves,I’ve had to wait ten days before now.

Been about a week for me with one from Japan stuck in customs before getting a letter from Royal Mail with the bill for handling / duty & VAT..