closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart Vintage GMT Owners

Master

Steinhart Vintage GMT Owners

Can't find a second user one of these so I'm hovering over the Buy Button on one of these. Before I buy though I thought I'd ask if there are any current owners how reliable they found the gmt hand setting and also if the lume is sufficient please?

My experience is; no reliability issues, the lume is vintage and not Seiko bright. Great watch and I would have another.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Same movement as my Voyager IIRC, I've never had a problem setting mine. However I do make sure to only set outside the "danger period", so I tend to set it mid morning having wound it through midnight if needs be. Of course the GMT hand works as an indicator of where the watch is re the changeover period if the watch is stopped. Can't comment on the lume though. If I didn't have the Voyager I'm sure I'd have bought one by now.
    F.T.F.A.

As you know Red there are two versions, the early had the greenish plots, very much Rolex-a-like. The later versions have the horrible faux lume as pictured in the opening post.

I have to say it's the biggest 42mm watch that I've ever owned and I sold my last one because it looked like a dinner plate on the wrist.

I posted this some time ago. I bought mine from SC and it's still with me, it's one of my favourites:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Mine's been with me for 8 or nine months now & I love it. Great build quality for the price, could easily be a few hundred more IMHO. I have the faux Lume which I personally prefer. Running at +2 secs over 24 hours, nice smooth screw down crown, fits my wrist perfectly, and gets more attention than my much more expensive pieces. At 42mm X 12mm it would wear fine on the smaller wrist IMO, also has a perfect heft to it. This piece has become my daily wearer since I've had it. Pull the trigger, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    I have seen your WTB, but there is no way I would part with mine, maybe other owners feel the same hence your post.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I had one for 18 months..enjoyed it. Ran a fair bit fast though. Also the numbers on the bezel faded off on me. Steinhart repaired under warranty. Mixed feelings having sold it

My 3 Steinharts are keepers. Several pals who have seen them have bought versions and all are well pleased.

Master
    Great replies. Many thanks and helped me make the decision. 🙂

It's a great watch, feels smaller on than its size would suggest. I searched for a good while to get the Gunter Steinhart Limited Edition in as new condition. I doubt you'll lose money on it should you every wish to sell. Here's mine.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.
    Here is my early version with a slight mod . The early versions did have a gmt hand alignment issue, so be aware when purchasing the earlier green lume version .

ok google take me to my pictures

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEbru1512 View Post
    Here is my early version with a slight mod . The early versions did have a gmt hand alignment issue, so be aware when purchasing the earlier green lume version .

ok google take me to my pictures
    That's a really lovely looking watch, previously had apprehension ofver Steinharts but heard a lot of great things. Thanks for sharing!

Like you mate I’d been hankering for one of these for a while - had a WTB our for ages and I was lucky enough to have a forum user contact me last week and I ended up getting my hands on one. It’s a 2011 model but in phenomenal condition. I think it has the greener indices being an earlier model, and also the bracelet doesn’t taper (believe Steinhart changed both these things a few years ago).

I’m over the moon with it. It’s a proper rugged tool watch, sporty looking. 42mm case and 49mm lug to lug so it’s no shrinking violet, but it’s surprisingly slim with a non-protruding case back so sits very flat on the wrist. We’re going travelling in the States in the summer and this’ll be on my wrist throughout. I really don’t think you’d be disappointed if you pulled that trigger.

Here’s a couple of pics from when it arrived, and one taken just now on wrist as I was typing. For reference my wrist is somewhere between 6.5” and 6.75” and flat, and it wears absolutely fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk